Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Size: 16.9 Ounce|Change

on March 22, 2012
I ordered this olive oil several times from different vendors, some vendors sell olive oil from 3 harvests ago.

I am not an expert having only triangulated different sources on the internet, depending on filtered or unfiltered olive oil, the product life for optimal taste (not shelf life) can range from 6 months-2 years maximum. Olives in Spain are harvested between November and March depending on the region.

The olive oil is very smooth, light yet "present" for a lack of more appropriate words. Olive oils even those served for salads can be very strong in flavor. Perhaps it is a matter of taste, however I prefer the olive oil component to be easily detectable but not on the foreground.

Friends who are fervent cooks (one from Italy), I have given the olive oil to as a present - like this brand too.
on May 20, 2014
I have tried several olive oils...both Italian and Spanish....this one is smooth, buttery and has rich flavor. I use it on salads all the time. At a recent dinner party, we started talking about olive oils and so I pulled out the four higher priced olive oils and a "grocery store" olive oil from y pantry, and we did the sample test (olive oil sipped straight). The Nunez de Prado won hands down.
on March 9, 2013
Leaving in Spain as I currently do, one has a wide range of olive oils to choose. I usually buy the ordinary Carbonell 0,4 to fry or the extra de oliva virgen for cooking (except frying) and salads. I do not use any other oil in the kitchen, nor butter as it is the tradition in my family (long lifes family)

When I really want an special salad I buy this one. The taste is smooth and tells you of the sunny fields of the Cordoba in Andalucía. Spain is the olive oil top producer in Europe, so we know about this.

The bottle is a bit difficult to handle, but it is so beautiful and the oil so good, that I can cope with that.

Obviously here the price is much lower, but it is worth whatever the price.
on November 13, 2013
I bought this in Spain for $5 a bottle. Wish I would've brought back a couple of suitcases full of the stuff
on March 24, 2015
This is a great olive oil for dipping bread, putting over cooked vegetables and pasta, and anything else you can think of besides cooking. It is way to good for that! The flavor is smooth and not excessively olive flavored or overpowering, instead it has many subtle flavors.
on August 21, 2013
I bought this based on the review in "Cook's Illustrated"; it came in second in professional taste test. I thought it very good, but it is very expensive. I gave it a 4 rating primarily because the bottle, although nice looking, does not have a drip proof spout. If you have a selective palate and like organic I would recommend this for drizzling and making dressings. Use a less expensive EEVO for cooing.
on June 18, 2015
This is one of the best olive oils money can buy. I visited the "almazara" where this oil is produced in Andalucia Spain. Beautiful place, family owned. Great flavor, great density.
on April 7, 2014
have tried numerous high end olive oils this is notable for flavor not found in the other oils i have tried > worth the price.
on April 9, 2014
Best tasting olive oil! Try a little on a spoon. Compare it to your present oil. We liked this better than the EVOO we were using.
on January 24, 2014
I believe that olive oil producers should be forced to state in the product description - from which harvest the olive oil was produced. In the past I received oil from the last harvest and therefore never thought old stock would be sent this time.

See 1 answered question