Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nurse Jackie: Season 4
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Everyone is making the right choices with each season of this show. This season was the best yet. First, there is a terrific addition to the cast, Bobby Cannavale, as the head administrator to the hospital. He does everything that the powers that be want so he is anathema to the rest of the staff. He and Jackie mesh like oil and water but they both carry drug secrets. This season also shows Jackie doing partial rehab, being in marital war with her ex over child issues, and trying to help another addict recover, a young man. The supporting characters also have a lot going on and now everyone is likable compared to Bobby Cannavale as their boss. The former administrator has to go back to being a nurse. The UK doctor is pregnant. This was a terrific season. Don't miss it.

Visit my blog with link given on my profile page here or use this phonetically given URL (livingasseniors dot blogspot dot com). Friday's entry will always be weekend entertainment recs from my 5 star Amazon reviews in film, tv, books and music. These are very heavy on buried treasures and hidden gems. My blogspot is published on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
on February 20, 2013
The entire "season" is 10 half hour (actually about 23 minutes) episodes.
Who would call an hour show of 5 episodes a season? I wouldn't.
So, yes 24.99 is a little steep for so little actual play time, so I nicked off a star.
VINE VOICEon June 17, 2012
"Nurse Jackie" just keeps getting better and better. Season Four of the show is by far the best season to date, and that's saying a lot. This season, Jackie (Edie Falco) is reeling from her breakup with Kevin and her self-admission of being a drug addict. She finally (albeit grudgingly) begins taking responsibility for her past behavior and enters rehab while fighting to retain custody of her two kids. Meanwhile, big changes are underway over at All Saints as Bobby Cannavale joins the cast as the high-strung control freak Dr. Mike Cruz, the new head of the hospital who shakes up the E.R. and becomes a major thorn in everyone's side, especially Jackie's. The supporting cast members all enjoy great storylines as well. O'Hara and Zoe make big decisions about their personal lives, Gloria and Eddie are forced to make some big changes of their own, and Thor is has some of the funniest one-liners of the season and never fails to steal the show whenever he's on screen. Perhaps the one shortcoming of the season is the show's under-utilization of Coop, who doesn't have much of a storyline this time around. Still, the other fabulous elements of this season compensate for that, in my opinion. (The character of Kevin also doesn't appear much this season, but it seems like he's being phased out, and really, who cares? He's so boring.)

The final episode of the season is the most shocking and moving episode of the show that we've ever seen. The final few moments are something that I didn't see coming, and it's unknown how everything will pan out for everyone in Season 5. I'm hoping that Cannavale returns to the show next season, as his character was unbelievably fabulous and adds a great new dynamic to everything. Applause to everyone for an awesome season...can't wait for the next one!
on August 8, 2013
I could go on and on about how amazing Nurse Jackie is. However, if you're looking at season 4, you know. This season will not disappoint and the story is even better than the last three seasons. I thought I would hate to see Jackie get sober, but the new characters this revelation uncovers makes this season one of the best. I hope this show runs for a long, long time.
on December 27, 2012
This story is wonderful and I expect to keep buying and watching for a long time. This character Nurse Jackie is so real and so not normal but normal. She totally fascinates me.
on June 1, 2014
I just love this series. The characters are a lot of fun. Even dealing with this kind of subject matter, the show manages to be mostly light and fun while maintaining a mostly real-world type aspect. With every episode I am almost always surprised as to what can happen next in the "insanity" that is the main character's life and it's just really enjoyable. I can't wait to watch the next season when I have time. I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes medical shows with a bit of a bite or an edge to them.
Jackie's life is in chaos. Things at work are changing and the new big boss is just tough to deal with. She realizes that she has to go to drug rehab as her work and family life are in turmoil. Her husband Kevin finds out that Jackie was having an affair and her oldest daughter hates her. Things are bad and getting worse every day....

My wife and I are addicted to Nurse Jackie and Edie Falco plays the roll to her maximum potential. She is the kind of woman and nurse that you want to love, hate and then adore again. Jackie is trapped with her drug habit and the constant lying that she does to cover-up her personal, work and family problems. This is a good show and we have learned to like all of the characters in the show. It is funny, sad and real to life and that is what keeps you attracted and entertained while you watch the series. Some of the characters have become like family in their own goofy way.

I like this season and I gave it 5 stars.
on November 24, 2014
I love Nurse Jackie. She is one of a kind,but it seems all her deeds have caught up to her. This is a season worthy of binge watching even though things have been changed up a little from previous seasons. Some reviews stated they did not like this version of Jackie but I almost fear the other shoe dropping later on. Who knows, I could be wrong.
on May 31, 2014
I love all the seasons of nurse Jackie. I am a nurse and my husband always asks me if my work is like Greys anatomy or other medical dramas and I just have to laugh. I think this is probably the closest to real life. Bitchy coworkers and peoples lives falling apart because of bad decisions that they have made. No one gets the guy every time and not every character has a life threatening emergency on a weekly basis. I love this show...
on February 17, 2014
My wife and I are t.v. junkies and not ashamed to admit it. We love finding new (to us) shows with a back log of episodes we can binge on and Nurse Jackie didn't disappoint. We are big Sopranos fans so Edie Falco is an immediate draw but the other actors are all quite engaging. the story is, as in all good t.v. shows, only slightly plausible but the episodes are interesting, funny and/or moving. Very enjoyable watch.