5.0 out of 5 stars Nursing Theorists and Their Work
This book is very good and I use in my practice every day. It is also being used as a textbook in courses in nursing theories at the State University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). I recommend reading and look forward to new releases.
Published on May 17, 2011 by LIANA AMORIM CORREA

LIANA AMORIM CORREA (EAST WEYMOUTH, MA, US) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great help for writing papers, December 30, 2009
Amy F. Allor (Detroit, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
Helped me decide on a theorist to do my clinical inquiry project on... I got a 100% on my final paper, so I found it very. Helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
This is a great book for anyone who needs to learn about nursing theorists or needs to find a nursing theory to use as framework for research.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Tortured Tenured Treatise, July 10, 2010
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
As a 1st year nursing student (with two college degrees), this book is required reading (not so much by the teaching institution), but the Board of Education. Some lifer-academic (birds of a feather) in the Board of Education must have been gah-gah on it? It's hard to read without falling asleep. It makes references (just about every few lines) to authors that I have not read, and to theories/concepts that are not fully explained. The authors are tediously wordy, self-absorbed, and oblivious to the reader. My guess is, that this book is written by some academics in an effort to satisfy their tenure requirements. At best, it could be used as a reference book for someone having to write a dissertation for a master's or a doctorate, but of absolutely no practical use to an undergraduate nursing student. Save your eyes, and don't read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Good condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great condition, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
The book arrived quickly and was in great condition. The price was great helped me out alot with having to buy my own books this term. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars JustMyOpinion, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
5 stars for delivery. Decided on the older edition since it was cheaper to rent than the new edition, nursing professor gave us the okay & I thank her for allowing me save some cash moola!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
This book was perfect for my nursing theorist class and for all of my projects throughout the course. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars succinct and understandable, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
I am in a master program nursing program. This program provided succint information about the different nurse theoriests. Provides charts to compare and contrasts. I love this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e (Paperback)
I love this book, I didn't buy it originally for my grad school courses, but ended up looking for it and buying it a few semesters later as I kept wishing I still had a copy of it. I'll definitely keep this one for my nursing "library" as I work on my PhD and will certainly keep it after my dissertation. It's nice to have one place to flip through and consider a bunch of different theorists and theories. Incorporating theorists and nursing theories into research and care seems weird at first, but I feel this book helps and is a great reference. I may buy a newer edition (the 8th is out) in the future, but the 7th is what I used in class, and was cheaper, so I went for that one for now until the price drops on the 8th (which will probably be when the 9th comes out!).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e
Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 7e by Martha Raile Alligood (Paperback - October 12, 2009)
Used & New from: $6.16