5.0 out of 5 stars Nut Milk Bag vs Paint Strainer Bag
I bought a couple strainer bags at Home Depot for about 2.50. I used one bag for maybe 5 times and it was obvious that it was loosing integrity every time I used it. I don't think I could have got 5 more uses out of it. It did work fine... though I think that the pulp was starting to stick to the bag a little. I would NOT recommend buying paint strainer bags...
Published on September 21, 2011 by hi

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing NEW & IMPROVED about it
I recently purchased a nut milk bag for $11.95. It was advertsed as "NEW & IMPROVED". Now I'm a seamstress and what I received was about <$1.00 in materials and didn't look like much of anything, I might add. Don't know how you can justify charging $12 for the thing. Furthermore, I couldn't figure out what was new and improved about it--it wasn't even tapered at...
Published on November 16, 2010 by Gypsy Girl

‹ Previous | 16 7 829 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, February 25, 2014
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
For the price, this is ok, I bought this bag to make almond milk in my vitamix - the bag started to rip the first time I used it! I have to squeeze the bag for 10 + minutes to get all of the liquid out.

3.0 out of 5 stars not really big enough for the task, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
I wanted this bag for almond milk. It's just to small. I wanted one that would fit on the top of my 8 cup measuring cup and this one does not, not even close, so it's awkward, as you really have to hold it in one hand while pouring it with the other, not really very helpful. I've since found another use for it as a sprout bad, just put the soaked seeds in, rinse, and sprout. Works great for that. It seems to be made well and the fabric is strong and cleans easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your blender into a juicer, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
If you love juice, buy this now. Put any sort of juice source into your blender, put the mush into the bag, and squeeze the juice out. Voila! I have made apple juice, watermelon juice, pear juice, strawberry juice, carrot juice with this. Its pretty cool and can really upgrade the blenders abilities for just a few bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful product, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
I use this to make almond milk on a pretty regular basis. My only complaint is that sometimes the pulp makes a mess out of the inside of the bag, but that's to be expected and not through any fault of the bag. I get smooth milk from it and it is easy to clean. Very happy with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
I had to return it. Was ripped down one side at seam when I opened the package. Quality is horrible. I paid extra for the vitamix one and it's awesome. So you get what you pay for in this case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
Great little item and I have not experienced any issues so far. The only upgrade would be for making almond milk it would be nice to have it come out more on the bottom to make squeezing a little easier. It might help if it were more of a cone shape? Not sure but great little bag to make Almond milk and very easy to hand clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, November 11, 2013
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
The name raises eyebrows but the bag itself works great for straining nut milks for a final smooth product.

After blending I usually strain the nut milk through a regular mesh strainer and then use a nut bag to finish straining any pulp that makes it through the strainer. Works great! This bag looks and feels well made, I have no doubt that it will last for quite a while.

I like to take the pulp left over from making almond milk and spread it out on a fruit leather sheet in my dehydrator (or oven on parchment paper) and dehydrate until it is brittle enough to break into pieces. Toss the pieces into blender to turn into almond meal flour. Use as breading for fish or chicken. Nothing wasted!

This bag is easy to use and clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed! Thank you!, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
I was so thrilled to purchase this; but even more thrilled when it's still in great shape even after I have used it 2-3 times a week, most weeks. I've had it 3 months now. Thank you so much!

2.0 out of 5 stars You'll want to pass on this one, there are much better bags available, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
The squared bottom needs to be tapered (which I adjusted with a few snips and a surger/sewing machine). If you process like me, I place the bag in a pitcher. The squared bottom flanges out when lifting the filled bag from the pitcher causing a mess if you don't remember or anticipate the flare when pulling out.

The width is narrower than other bags I've used, not wide enough for a standard pitcher. I usually fold the top over the top of the pitcher so the bag doesn't fall into the liquid in the pitcher. Again, makes for more potential of a mess.

I do like the thin mesh, that is a better than the bags I've used which tends to let more pulp through. Separating the pulp is the point of using a nutbag, so this is the only positive comment for this product.

I've found (unused) knee-high pantyhose the cheapest and best for my listed needs (taper and hugs top of pitcher).

At least get a tapered bag when looking for a nutbag, folks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, busted seam, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! (Kitchen)
While I really enjoyed having a nut milk bag (this was the first one I ever bought), it didn't last long. I have used it probably a dozen times or so, and the seam has come apart. I noticed it starting to wear thin after about the 5th or 6th time I used it. Really disappointed in the company and the quality of the product. I was very gentle with it, I never put it in the dish washer or washing machine or used soap of any kind, I would simply rinse it out.

I also did not care for the way the drawstring was sewed up top. The stitching made it difficult to clean because everything bunched up and would trap little bits of pulp. The string itself was also very cheap and frayed almost immediately. Very bummed.

‹ Previous | 16 7 829 | Next ›

Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved!
Nut Milk Bag- New & Improved! by The Raw Food World