5.0 out of 5 stars #1 superfood
Nutritional benefits of Chia seeds are amazing. Here are a few to start:

*According to studies, Chia possesses the highest percentage of the polyunsaturated fatty acids (linolenic and linoleic) of all crops. Chia seeds contain 60% omega 3 fatty acids.

Published on February 25, 2011 by JoshuaRM

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good
These seeds have an almost rancid taste. We have purchased others which did not have this off taste to it. The seeds did not seem as large either and had reddish brown colors with other colors. I recommend searcing for a different brand.
Published on August 15, 2011 by seg

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 superfood, February 25, 2011
Nutritional benefits of Chia seeds are amazing. Here are a few to start:

*The protein content of Chia is higher that other nutritional grains. Unlike other grains, it is a complete protein, meaning that it has the appropriate balance of all essential amino acids. About 19 to 23% of chia seeds weight is protein.

*Chia seeds are high in fiber, a 15 gm serving of chia seeds will provide 4 to 5 gm of fiber. Our body requires at least 35 gm of fiber a day to stay healthy.

*Chia seeds contain boron which is essential for bone health.

*Chia seeds are rich in calcium, about 2 oz of chia seeds contains 600 mg of Calcium, as compared to 120 mg for a cup of milk.

*Chia seeds have 2 times more potassium than banana.

*Chia seeds have 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries

Regardless of the astonishing nutritional values of Chia, it also tastes very good. My girlfriend and I make a big pot of "steel cut" oatmeal at night (the quick way is throw a cup of oats in 4 cups of boiling water and just let it sit overnight), put in a good helping of chia seeds, and the next morning you have a wonderful breakfast that could last all week depending on how many people are eating it. Feel free to add a little cinnamon, peanut butter, fruit, or your own oatmeal favorite additions.

There are many other recipes for eating Chia, but oatmeal is my personal favorite. I started eating Chia last year after reading the NY Times Bestseller 'Born to Run' about how a tribe of Mexicans that eat Chia will drink beer, smoke tobacco, and then run up to 500 miles in a footrace the following days. One of the primary contributors to the tribal Mexicans' seemingly supernatural physical ability is that their diet is full of the nutrient-rich Chia seeds. I haven't put in 500 miles. But after previously failing to finish a 26-mile marathon without chia in my diet, I added chia to my diet and my knees allowed me to finish my first 26-mile marathon! Could the chia seeds have helped? I think so. I certainly had more energy and my joints felt better my second attempt at a marathon when "on" the chia.

I started out paying an arm-and-a-leg at Whole Foods for Chia seeds, but have since started buying them on Amazon for a fraction of the price. Buy some Chia seeds and make a delicious bowl of oatmeal for one of the healthiest breakfasts possible. I have found that this 3-pound bag is a good size for getting a great bulk deal, but without taking up too much room in the cupboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, October 14, 2010
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
I ordered these chia seeds because I recently learned that chia seeds are supposed to be high in omega 3's and fiber. These seeds are organic and arrived securely packaged. The package even stated the date that the seeds were packed and the date by which they should be used. The price is lower than my local Whole Foods Market, so if you are interested in purchasing chia seeds, I would recommend this brand and this seller (My Natural Market).

4.0 out of 5 stars delicious chia, May 8, 2011
michael nash (SEATTLE, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
I like chia seeds and I also trust nutiva brand. I could have given 5 stars if it was white chia, since I like white better than blck. In any case, chia is a seed that you could use daily. I soak 3 table spoon full in a 8 oz or so of either cold or warm water, put it in the fridge for 24 hours. chia turns into a jar full of jelly like food. I put 3 t spoon full of this jelly in my morning berry and fruit bowl. Another use that I have for chia( soaked) is add to my dough for baking bread. Chia is a healthy food and 3 lbs of it would keep you happy for MORE THAN 6 MONTHS OR SO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chia, November 8, 2010
Melanie Cruz "Mary Michael" (Hazleton, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
Chia seeds are a miracle creation no matter what. From Amazon, the price was right, packaging and shipping well done and delivery to my door in great time.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonder seeds, June 17, 2011
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
At first my friend gave me a sample of CHIA seeds enough to prepare couple drinks, and so I tried them with my fovorite apple juice. I found that that it is very interesting because the seeds are basically tasteless but it made you feel full and don't need to go to the bathroom thinking that you just drank a full glass of liquid. So I went and placed an order for 3 lbs CHIA seeds organic Nutiva brand on Amazon, got my seeds, made my drink daily, and enjoyed it every single time. One thing I have noticed is that I used to have some minor pain in my knees where the joints are, and after about 1 week drinking the chia seeds the pain seemed to have gone! Strongly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality chia, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
My local health food store is selling non-organic chia for $19.99 a pound. They do have more of the white seeds but the Nutiva Organic seeds are the best. I soak them to gain the living quality of the seed and then dehydrate them under 115 degrees. The result is a nice healthy low carb cracker. The Nutiva chia seeds save you a ton of money and they are organic.

5.0 out of 5 stars HYPOGLYCEMIA CURE!! Cure for chronic fatigue (CFS)?, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
I have struggled with LOW blood sugar (hypoglycemia) all my life - and its such a pain - especially the fatigue. Now I found CHIA SEEDS and the low blood sugar is HISTORY! The very first time I took it (half a teaspoon) I immediately felt steady and stronger. I was amazed! And the Dr has since confirmed that my blood sugar is "under control" (Doctors avoid the word "cured" of course.) Such a simple change, adding Chia seeds to my diet, and such remarkable results, especially the steady energy, which I have NEVER had, even as a kid. Before finding chia, I simply could NOT lose weight, but now my weight continues to DROP - steadily and effortlessly. I was cautious of the FIBER, so I slowly increased my Chia seed and now am eating 3 tlbs a day. This is DEFINATELY a MIRACLE Food! TRY IT! (BRM also has good chia seed: Bob's Red Mill Chia Seeds, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4), if u use a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Price and Good Shipping, March 31, 2011
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
I became aware of chia when listening to a CBC story and then did my own research. I was able to buy some from a local health food store, but the price was fairly high. I like these since they are organic, and the price was a good value. The packaging was great, a concern after reading about some other suppliers through Amazon. They are packaged in thick plastic bag and there was no damage or leaking upon arrival. I am pleased with the taste and quality as well as the health benefits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff and great price, April 1, 2011
This review is from: Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, 3-Pound Bags (Grocery)
We make chia gel and put in the family smoothie every day because it's so beneficial for: hydration, the digestive track, protein, calcium, omega 3& 6 oils, & valuable nutrients, it also helps to control sugar levels & appetite;...should I keep going. This stuff is fabulous.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, August 15, 2011