Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 3 Pound|Change

on December 10, 2012
This is a fantastic product at an unbeatable price. This is pure, 100% ground organic coconut, with nothing else. I could smell that lovely coconut aroma before I even slit open the bag. We were previously buying Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour, 16-Ounce Units (Pack of 4), which works out to about $4/lb. Buying this bulk bag is like getting 50% off! We have a Prime membership, but opted for the slower shipping option, to take advantage of a $3 promo code to apply to a future video order. Even so, the order shipped right away, and we received it in two business days. The outer brown bag is very sturdy, and showed no signs of damage. Underneath is a very thick, plastic inner bag, so no worries about any tears.

Between our Paleo baking needs and making Paleo "oatmeal/porridge", we go through about two pounds of coconut flour a month. I immediately measured out the entire bag into zip-top quart-size freezer bags, and stashed the extras in our deep freezer, where we keep all of our Paleo pantry items, including nuts, nut flours, and starches. Unlike almond flour, coconut flour doesn't create unmanageable, large, hard clumps when frozen. We regularly use coconut flour straight from the freezer. Come check out my blog at GreenOrganicMama dot com for some recipes, like our gluten-free, Paleo sweet potato crab cakes, "no-corn" muffins, and apple cider donut holes, which were so quick and easy to make with this Nostalgia Electrics JFD-100 Cake Pop & Donut Hole Bakery.

As I mentioned, Paleo Porridge is a great grain-free alternative to oatmeal, which is easy to make:

Mix and microwave for one minute:

1/4 cup coconut flour
6 ounces hot water
1 packet stevia
handful berries
half a ripe banana

*optional - stir in a couple tablespoons of full-fat coconut milk after heating

We are very pleased with our purchase, and when the time comes, we will definitely buy Nutiva organic coconut flour again!
22 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2013
NOT GF--wish I could buy this as I love NUTIVA products, and their website has fantastic recipes. They are a class-act company that has helped me with other problems, so I hope this will motivate their decision.

I called the company to discover that this is produced in a facility that also handles wheat. Yes, I know how this works, my dad was a robotics engineer in the food handling/packaging business in the last ten years of his career.

PLease NUTIVA, make this available for those with celiac to safely purchase! What a great price this is--I almost purchased the large size directly from NUTIVA before discovering this fact. The BRM is too dry/clumpy, the Edwards and Sons company is one I don't trust for several reasons, and the Baker's Secret is so expensive. I bake my own bread with CF as a base so I use this daily. Plus all my cookies, muffins, etc. have coconut flour, sometimes excusively.

A note to others with the same concern: Have you noticed lately how many things are labled GF (not certified) but that also have the manufacturing warning! We really need to be diligent EVERY TIME we purchase, or even repurchase, an item as the GF status can change. It has happened to me several times lately that something previously thought was GF no longer is. We really need to be cautious.

Update: Nutiva has announced that items in the new packaging--chia and coconut flour are now not only GF but certified GF. Thank you Nutiva for responding to customer needs!
2020 comments|215 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
Me and my guy are on a Paleo diet and as a long-time baker it was saddening to think about not being able to have any traditional gluten-y baked goods. Presto, came Elena's Pantry blog and other similar blogs espousing gluten-free baking with almond and coconut flours and I was so happy! I went online to find coconut flour (expensive, by the way) and Nutiva offered THE BEST price out there... plus, it's not super bleached and refined (I read one should stay away from "bone white" flours, that coconut flour retaining its nutrients should be more cream-colored) and their shipping is ridiculously fast. I got mine in 2 days. I was so excited about the price I ordered (6) bags, 3 lbs. each. Lol. Should last me all year, as normally for a loaf or a batch, you only use 1/2-1 cup of coconut flour tops... usually it's more like 1/4 cup. Well worth it, I'm a customer for life.... esp at these prices!
55 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2014
Welcome to the wonderful world of coconut flour. If you are new to using coconut flour there is going to be a bit of a learning curve in utilizing the product.
First off, Nutiva coconut flour is a perfectly adequate product for its intended purposes. You can use it for most anything from baking to cooking. But please be aware that coconut flour is not in any way similar to your basic wheat flour.
Coconut flour is dry, very dry and will soak up most all the moisture that it comes into contact with. And a little bit goes a LONG way (For example, 3Tblsp of coconut flour is approx equivalent to 1 cup of wheat flour). If you are looking for some amazing recipes to utilize your coconut flour then I highly recommend Danielle Walker, author of Against All Grain- [...]
And lastly, coconut flour is sweet to taste and the texture will always be slightly coarse, but you can still bake light and fluffy cakes, decadent treats, and other culinary treats.
on January 27, 2013
I like this product very much. Word of warning. I obsorbes liquid like a sponge and expands greatly. Decided to wait for the cookbook I ordered. Little goes a long way.
on August 28, 2015
I have tried three different coconut flours. Bob's Red Mill, Welbee's and Nutiva. The difference between the Nutiva and the other two is more then apparent. Nutiva's coconut flour is finely ground and much lighter in color and less dense in grain then the other two. Welbee's and Bob's Red Mill are much darker in color, and thicker/more dense in coarseness. This matters when baking. It is the reason, besides the great price, that I love this flour over any other brand! Great flour that you can see and taste the difference in!
on May 5, 2014
I'm using this flour for my organic grain free dog biscuits. It does need some adjusting as it's much much more dense than regular flour so keep this in mind when using in baking. Adding eggs and a bit more water did the trick for me.
on March 4, 2013
Order came quickly, & it was a great price. I'm learning how to work with coconut flour and have learned the hard way that you can't exchange it straight across for other flours. Not even half. Coconut flour soaks up an incredible amount of liquid and must be used sparingly. It works well in combination with almond flour. Perfect for Paleo or gluten-free baking.
on December 7, 2012
came quickly, packaged well, as described and smelled heavenly :)

The border guards coming into Canada were very interested in why I would order coconut flour, so I was able to sing the praises of coconuts!
on April 12, 2016
I love this flour! I have been gluten-free for 6 or 7 years and used the usual flours (such as brown rice), but, the drawback was the carb load. When I discovered coconut flour, I began to experiment with recipes and found that I loved the results. Low carb and high fiber...who could ask for more? I can now have my cake and eat it, too! I like that this flour is organic, ground fine (very little problem with lumps) and smells divine! Now, it may seem pricey, but, with coconut flour you use much less. For example, my basic muffin recipe makes 24 muffins and I only use one cup of coconut flour. I also use Nutiva coconut oil!