5.0 out of 5 stars Requires Speed and Steady Hands.
Published on November 30, 2011 by ExpertBuyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for natural nails..Cheaper than the salon
I got this in Sheer Pink. It takes literally about 5 minutes. The 3 bottles are very small. It includes the activator, polish and brush cleaner along with directions. But the directions are simple:

loosen the tops to all three bottles

apply 1 coat of activatot to the nail only

apply polish to immediately after while nail is still wet...
Published on November 22, 2011 by Beautiful Karma

5.0 out of 5 stars Requires Speed and Steady Hands., November 30, 2011
Discovered this is cheaper on Amazon. Many nail product manufacturers are now branding their polishes/laquers as gels. An experienced nail technician recommended NutraNail's gel perfect when I asked her about affordable "gel" nails that can be done at home without investing in an expensive UV light and kit. Yes, it is expensive at $10 - $14 for .17 oz. gel cream, .25 oz. activator and .17 oz. brush cleanser. The explicit directions must be followed exactly or you will not only be disappointed but may ruin the product for subsequent applications. A good steady hand and the ability to work quickly are a must!!!

This is a 3-step process repeated twice per hand. Allow at least 5 minutes to complete the process. The 3 brushes have skimpy bristles as only a thin amount of product is needed. I am glad I gave this product a second try as I was not all that impressed the first time I used it. Practice does make perfect! My sheer pink nails took about 12-15 minutes before they dried to a rock solid state vs. the advertised 5 minutes and they still have a patent high shine finish and look great even after 2 weeks. For the first time in my life, my nails are actually growing out beautifully without the usual breakage and spliting.

NOTE: I also tried Perfect Formula's pink gel coat at $30 for .60 oz. It is a faster, simpler one-step process that can be reapplied and removed like a polish. NutraNail's Gel Perfect takes a few minutes to remove by soaking nails in any acetone based nail polish remover.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for natural nails..Cheaper than the salon, November 22, 2011

loosen the tops to all three bottles

apply 1 coat of activatot to the nail only

apply polish to immediately after while nail is still wet from activator

wipe polish brush on napkin and dip in cleaner

repeat.

PROS: The shine is awesome
The cost is reasonable
Application is quick & pretty simple
I didnt experience chipping for about 2-3 days.

CONS: The bottles are kinda tiny
The application could be more simple with bigger bottles
I experienced chipping 2-3 days later

All in all its ok..I like it. Can't complain. You can buy the remover or get regular acetone to remove.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nutra nail gel perfect, October 30, 2011
Such a shame as I really wanted go love this. It was really easy to apply and did dry within 5 mins with a fab shine. By the next day every single nail had chipped and I ended up leaving out the kit so I could keep touching up nails.

4.0 out of 5 stars I tried this product for the first time yesterday, October 26, 2011
Well, I decided to try this product yesterday in spite of all the bad reviews I have read all over the place. I bought the color, moonstone, and it is very lovely on. Other than the two neutral ones, the colors are crap. I am a professional person so I cannot have anything too wild. This was a blue-gray color and it really works well for my purposes. I followed the instructions and opened all 3 bottles to have them ready. What do you think happened? Right, I spilled the bottle of cleaner so now I will run out. I put the activator on one hand and then an immediate coat of the color. Then I cleaned the brush. I found that it is better to do two or three nails as a time rather than a whole hand. It took three coats and they need to be thin coats until it was reasonably fully covered. It did dry like it said and it has a glossy finish. You have to be fast and it takes some practice to get a system going with all three bottles but it is possible. The first thing I noticed is that the smell is overwhelming. The next time I will do it near my sliding glass door and have it open. The next thing is that you need to be careful to not get the nail polish anywhere other than the nail. I now have polish on my cuticle and fingertips and it is near impossible to get off. I slept in it and had the usual morning routine of showering, etc. So far, so good. I also walked the dogs, scoured the kitchen sink, did a load of laundry, fooled around with some pumpkins and flour pots, cleaned out the cabinet below the kitchen sink before the plumber got here and worked in my office all day. Not a single chip yet, which is very unusual for me. We shall see how long it goes on like this as it is a little to early to tell.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless Waste of Money, February 15, 2012
cheveux rouge (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased your product on Sunday, and put it on my nail immediately with such excitement! Much to my dismay I woke up two days later and I would attach a picture to show what my "gel perfect" nails look like if I could! Absolutely terrible. They're chipping everywhere. And I work in am office for a living! I might as well have done a regular nail polish for half the price of the $12.99 product. I will not recommend this product to anyone I know I am very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money!!, January 1, 2012
I tried this yesterday and within 2 hours one nail chipped. This morning, 3 nails are chipped! The process was a bit labor-intensive, but I went with it anyway. I followed the directions carefully and the both coats looked "streaky". I did not put on a 3rd coat as the directions did not say I needed to. Also, I would note that if you accidently get the Activator or Polish on your skin, you're pretty much screwed. The directions say that Acetone is the only thing that removes the polish, but I used Acetone and I couldn't get it off. I ended up scraping it off - OUCH! The shine is nice, the nails feel hard, but TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT!

1.0 out of 5 stars Would NEVER recommend, January 12, 2012
This product is one of the worst I have ever used. First of all, the product has a strong, noxious odor and chips easily. It does not compare in the slightest to salon gel nails. Once you begin application, you do have to work quickly and have a steady hand, otherwise the product will look streaky. After the horrible odor and the less than desirable results, you are left with a manicure that chips easily and looks terrible within a day. If that isn't enough to deter you from purchasing this product, then consider the fact that the remaining nail enamel (after the chipping has occurred) requires extreme chemicals to remove. To say that the product is difficult to remove is putting it mildly.

This is simply not a product I would ever recommend and it does nothing to restore any strength or wellness to your nails. If I was allowed to give it ZERO stars, that would be my rated review.

Please save yourself the time and aggravation and buy a non-toxic alternative such as ZOYA nail enamel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brittle & not like gel manicures, January 17, 2012
I was really excited about this after I put it on for the first time. It looked great, dried as promised and seemed to be as sturdy as the gel manicures I've gotten in the salons. But the next morning I noticed chipping on all of the tips of my nails. I removed it and applied it again as the instructions stated & am still seeing chipping, more every day. I've tried adding additional coats and that seems to make the polish more brittle. My nails are very flexible and if they bend, the polish cracks and starts to chip off. I have had great luck with Shellac & other gel manicures I get in salons--my nails usually stay perfect for at least 2 weeks, so this is a big disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it! tip for chipping..., April 18, 2012
I bought this about a week ago and it hasn't chipped yet. When I get my Shellac manicures, she told me that if you don't polish the tip/edge of each nail (the part you would normally file with a nail file) then they will chip. So after you polish the top, then take your brush and polish over the entire edge of your nail with all applications. This seals your entire nail. Of course, I'm not a nail technician but my experience following this tip has worked well for me and I'll be buying more colors as soon as they bring out some more flattering colors:)

3.0 out of 5 stars Gel Activator: AMAZING; Gel Perfect Color: Horrible., August 30, 2012
Quick overview: If youre like me and youre just looking for something to harden your nails. AND your willing to spend 10 bucks. Buy this and dont use the color, just use the activator (which works like super glue). Ive been using just that alone, threw away the color and brush cleaner.

My method: 2 coats of any nail hardener base coat, 2 coats of the activator, then 2 coats of whatever color you want (MAKE SURE THE ACTIVATOR HAS FULLY DRIED), then a top coat. This seems like a million coats but for me the manicure lasts for well over a week (maybe even 2 if I didnt change my nail color every week haha) And my nails have been super hard.

Ive read alot of negative reviews on this product, however I decided to purchase it and try it for myself. It definitely does crack quickly, and by that I mean about 3-4 days? Alot of people seem to have it crack sooner than that. 3-4 days seems quick to me just because I use polishes that dont crack for almost 2 weeks. Also, because the color turned out streaky, I just ended up putting on nail polish over the gel perfect color. I liked this product alot for the first few days just cause I had weak nails, with splits starting to occur on about 3 nails (just took off acrylics) and I needed something to make my nails harder and prevent the splits from tearing off my entire nail.

Sorry this review is so long, but pretty much: Im in love with the gel activator, but the color itself sucks. You could also just find brush on nail glue for 2-3 bucks. I havent tried that, but if i do, ill update the review

Nutra Nail Gel Perfect Nail Polish