Top positive review
22 people found this helpful
Great option compared to Clarisonic; battery is ok so far
on June 5, 2011
I researched both the Nutra Sonic and Clarisonic, and decided to purchase the Nutra Sonic. Here's some info I found, and also my impression of the Nutra Sonic after the first week of use:
- BATTERY CHARGE - I charged for 24 hours straight on the base, and the light didn't stop blinking. So after about 30 hrs, I removed it from the charge, then immediately placed it back on, and the light was steady. I've been using for a week on the same first charge. So far so good!
I was so concerned about this, because several of the reviews I read complained about the battery. I would guess some did not follow the instructions to charge for 24 hrs straight before use, while some did. You also have to face the brush to the charger when placing it in the base. I bought the WHITE version of the system. Seems more who bought the BLUE said they had the battery problem.
- SONIC ACTION - Nutra Sonic is also sonic action (it has a "jitter" / back and forth motion) like the Clarisonic; important difference between this and other face cleansing systems.
- FOUR SPEEDS seemed unnecessary to me, until I used it. Seems the lower speeds provide deeper cleansing, while the faster speed is good for polishing the top of the skin. I like to have the option.
- USE IN THE SHOWER - very convenient. I used the body brush on my calves before using my Emjoi for regular hair removal. I found it was a much smoother result, since the hairs were all above the skin after exfoliating.
- BRUSHES ARE PROTECTED by a plastic casing with holes in it, which allows excess moisture to drain / dry after use. I think this is a very smart design.
- IT'S STURDY. You can tell by handling it that it's not a fragile item.
The jury is still out to a point, because I've only had it for a week. BUT, I am extremely pleased after the first week. I have normal combination skin with some adult acne on the upper cheek bones. After using the cleaning system, my skin is glowing and is much smoother. My makeup is going on more smoothly as well (I use bare escentuals).
Hope this helps!