Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 5, 2011
I researched both the Nutra Sonic and Clarisonic, and decided to purchase the Nutra Sonic. Here's some info I found, and also my impression of the Nutra Sonic after the first week of use:

- BATTERY CHARGE - I charged for 24 hours straight on the base, and the light didn't stop blinking. So after about 30 hrs, I removed it from the charge, then immediately placed it back on, and the light was steady. I've been using for a week on the same first charge. So far so good!

I was so concerned about this, because several of the reviews I read complained about the battery. I would guess some did not follow the instructions to charge for 24 hrs straight before use, while some did. You also have to face the brush to the charger when placing it in the base. I bought the WHITE version of the system. Seems more who bought the BLUE said they had the battery problem.

- SONIC ACTION - Nutra Sonic is also sonic action (it has a "jitter" / back and forth motion) like the Clarisonic; important difference between this and other face cleansing systems.

- FOUR SPEEDS seemed unnecessary to me, until I used it. Seems the lower speeds provide deeper cleansing, while the faster speed is good for polishing the top of the skin. I like to have the option.

- USE IN THE SHOWER - very convenient. I used the body brush on my calves before using my Emjoi for regular hair removal. I found it was a much smoother result, since the hairs were all above the skin after exfoliating.

- BRUSHES ARE PROTECTED by a plastic casing with holes in it, which allows excess moisture to drain / dry after use. I think this is a very smart design.

- IT'S STURDY. You can tell by handling it that it's not a fragile item.

The jury is still out to a point, because I've only had it for a week. BUT, I am extremely pleased after the first week. I have normal combination skin with some adult acne on the upper cheek bones. After using the cleaning system, my skin is glowing and is much smoother. My makeup is going on more smoothly as well (I use bare escentuals).

Hope this helps!
on July 30, 2010
I am very pleased with the nutrasonic face brush system. Wasn't sure what to expect in comparison to the clarisonic pro, which I seriously considered buying after my esthetician used it on me before a facial. As far as I can tell it works just as well and it is a lot less expensive. It doesn't have the timer like the clarisonic, but I think that is the only major difference. I can't tell a drastic difference in my skin yet, but I do like how clean it feels. I was a little disappointed that the brush only oscilates, thought it was going to run in a circular motion as well. I think I would like it better if it did both, but that is not a professional opinion. I have read a few reviews that say the brushes are rough. I struggle with acne, but my skin is not sensitive, so it doesn't hurt or bother me. I can see where it would be a little harsh on very sensitive skin, but there is a sensitive skin brush as well, which I haven't tried. I have seen a tiny improvement in the amount of blemishes, but I am also using a strict skin care regimen along with it.
Regarding facial washes to go with it... I have been using the ones I already had...max clarity deep cleasing foam and dermacleanse facial cleansing gel. I think it would work better with a more foamy cleanser, but I have not tried anything but the two listed. You definately need a little more moisturizer for the first couple of weeks as it will be a little drying initially. I use it every night and every other morning in the shower.
I found it a little "much" to use it every single morning.
I would definately recommend this to anyone who wants a fresher feeling complexion, especially to anyone who wants to get the clarisonic but feels it is too costly.
on January 27, 2011
The Nutrasonic system is absolutely terrific, but I cannot thank Payless Beauty for delivering that result. The unit they sent worked erratically, for two weeks before stopping altogether. I have been trying to return it ever since with no success. The Payless toll-free number is in fact a fax number, which tells you something about their focus on the customer.
I since decided to use Costco to buy a new unit and discovered the two were manufactured somewhat differently. The Costco unit battery charger is made up of the base and plug unit as one solid entity, the Payless cord detaches and looks more flimsy. The Costco unit has English instructions, the Payless has only Spanish??? I almost felt the Payless units are some gray market rejects, perhaps explaining the frequent complaints of malfunctioning units.
That said, when it works, it is truly a remarkable tool to exfoliate the face and remove dead skin from difficult body areas like the elbows. My elbows have looked terrible for years and no amount of body cream would help. A few days with the body attachment, used in the shower for just a minute on each elbow, and voila! My elbows are now starting to look normal again and the layers of dead skin are almost gone.
Bottom line, I would recommend you go elsewhere to secure the unit, the inferior construction and lousy customer service at Payless are really aggravating and not worth it.
on December 9, 2010
I bought it for X-mas and started using it right away just to see how it works, can't stop using it since! The value is AMAZING compared to the "other" brand out there that is so much more expensive. This is the exact same thing (minus the timer). Highly recommend, excellent item. I simply Love it, 4 speed is a plus(3th setting jitter-my favorite one)and my skin looks soooo much better...Would buy more if I needed them...great gift idea. For those of you with sensitivity, make sure you are using the sensitive brush on the low setting and do not push the bristles into your face--just let the brush glide gently over your skin. I'm so glad I bought it!
on September 25, 2011
I read a lot of reviews here on clarisonic and nutrasonic, and finally picked this one given the price and overall good reviews. The brush was working well for its job the first 2 months or so, and I enjoyed it very much as my first facial brush. However, after only 2 months of use, the charger light stopped working. The brush itself felt hot when placed on the charger, and apparently failed to be charged again. Very disappointing. Quality not reliable and regret buying it. And DO NOT buy it from FaceMedix. They have terrible post-sale customer service and refuse to send replacement after 30 days of purchase.
on February 7, 2011
I've been using my Nutrasonic for one month now. Overall, I'm glad I got it. I'm pleased with the results it has had on my skin. I use it to wash my face every morning and my skin is noticeably smoother now. I am only giving it four stars instead of five because I have a few small complaints. First, mine has a tendency to arbitrarily shut off for a second or two while I'm using it. If I give it a little shake or hold it at a different angle it'll go right back on. Second, it splatters water/cleanser big time. I solved this problem by holding a hand mirror and bending over my bathtub while washing my face with it. Kind of annoying, but at least now I don't mess up my bathroom mirror every time I use my Nutrasonic. I've used it in the shower too, and the body attachment is great. Switching brushes while in the shower is kind of difficult, but if you wrap a washcloth around the brush, it helps you grip it and makes changing brushes while showering much easier. Again, kind of annoying, but not a huge deal. I just stick with the body brush in the shower most of the time anyway. My last complaint is that the instructions that came with mine are ONLY in Spanish. Maybe this was a fluke that was specific just to the one I happened to get. (I ordered mine from Payless Beauty seller, not sure if that has anything to do with it?) But yeah, the glossy folded instruction sheet was ENTIRELY in Spanish, no English to be found ANYWHERE, trust me I looked. Knowing how to use it came from what I'd read on the internet, although I have to say that using it is very easy and intuitive, but I'm not entirely sure which of the four speeds is which. I can kind of tell just by feel, but having instructions that I could understand would be nice.
on January 12, 2012
After reading multiple reviews and comparing this item against the Clarisonic, I decided to purchase the Nutrasonic Face Brush. The sonic action worked properly and cleaned my face very well, however, the brush would only stay charged for one short use, and then it would have to be recharged. The description says the brush should stay charged for at least a week. I contacted Face Medix, who agreed to accept the item for return, however, they required me to pay the return shipping, which was $15 (Face Medix required insurance & tracking). I did not believe I should pay $15 return shipping on an item that was damaged upon receipt. After some complaint, Amazon.com agreed to issue me a credit for $15 on their own, but I thought others should know of Face Medix return policy on their items. A+ to Amazon.com as always. Very poor grade to Face Medix. After returning the Nutrasonic, I purchased the Clarisonic brush. I don't care what the reviewers say. My experience is that the Clarisonic is better. The motor seems more precise, and the product seems better built. In this case, you get what you pay for.
on July 20, 2011
I have been drooling over the Clarisonic for about 2 1/2 years. Couldn't afford it for a long time, and so I finally bought the Nutra Sonic, based on everyone's reviews.

What I love about it:

* It cleans ALL the makeup off my face
* It gets rid of all the dull, flaky dry skin on my face (I live in the desert, so my face is always flaking somewhere, because of how dry it is here)

Not expecting, don't love as much:

* Blackheads are not gone. From everyone's reviews, it seemed like my blackheads would go away promptly (I have combination skin, with some blackheads on my nose and chin).

* The fact that I sneeze everytime I use this! It's kind of funny, you can tell I'm using the Nutra Sonic, because you can hear my sneezes all through the house. It tickles my nose SO BADLY, and whenever I go over my nose, it triggers an onset of sneezes. No one else forewarned me - so count yourself warned!

Exfoliation is wonderful, but those darn blackheads are not disappearing, and that makes me kind of disappointed with this product. However, if you are looking for something that just cleans the heck out of your face (ie - all makeup GONE), then this is a phenomenal product. It seems to have done a lot more for everyone else, but I still love this for the fact that my face is so darn clean and smooth afterwards. I will recommend this product in a heartbeat, but not if you're looking to beat blackheads!
on September 28, 2010
The Nutra Sonic Face Brush System is my new best friend! I have never felt skin this clean before. It's amazing! I had no idea how much dirt and grime could be on someone's face. Ladies, we all deserve something that makes us feel better and this is that product. I would add this to my Christmas list if I were you! You'll love it, I guarantee it!
on April 18, 2011
A few months ago I bought a Clairsonic Mia. I took it back after a few weeks because even though my skin felt softer, I just couldn't deal with the price. The other day I stumbled upon this product. I used it for the first time last night and LOVE IT! The only difference is that the outside row of bristles does move, where the Clairsonic doesn't. This just means that you should put in against your face before you turn it on. It also does not have a built in timer. But I actually prefer that since 2 minutes is actually a little too long for my skin. All and all I see no reason to spend more on the Clairsonic! This product makes my skin feel exactly the same, and my wallet feels much better!