Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System
Color: GreyPackage Quantity: 1Change
Price:$79.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

9,048 of 9,310 people found the following review helpful
OK - I don't usually write reviews, but I do read a ton of them and yes, some of them sound like they are written by manufacturers of the product while others sound like they may be from the competition. If you weed through enough of them though, you can basically get the down and dirty of what the product can and can't do.

I am here to tell you what I found out.

I read a lot of reviews on numerous websites about this little product after seeing the infomercial on it. I never did the MagicBullet, but heard good things about it from some friends who owned one. After hitting the juice craze recently, I became quickly frustrated with the tossing out of all that good pulp which I was sure was being wasted and could be good nutrients for the body, just being tossed out. Prep time on top of that and the clean up was becoming quickly a chore. I am convinced on the benefits of fruits and veggies and to date have lost more than 50lbs since Jan incorporating juicing into my Weight Watchers routine.

OK - so I read a lot of reviews - when it came right down to it - the only real gripe I saw that people were having was this "leak" issue. For those that say this is just a blender - I would beg to differ - my fancy Cuisinart blender doesn't pulverize FLAX seeds and coffee beans the way this thing does. Just try putting some small flax seeds in your blender with some fruit and tell me you get the smooth consistency that this little work horse puts out. OK - so it is more than a blender - now the overall:

Power: no problem - scared me a bit the first time I pushed down on it with it's force, but was nice to know it does sound powerful. I have put carrots, ice, apples and FLAX seeds all at once in here and it comes out smooth as silk - no problem. Remember - this is not a "JUICER" this makes JUICE SMOOTHIES with PULP -

Clean Up: A snap....a breeze - sooooooo much easier than my juicer. Love it. I can go into the kitchen, make a smoothie, clean up and be out in about 5 minutes. Juicing took 10-15 minutes of prep time alone, then another 5 minutes or so of cleanup. Took half my lunch hour to make a juice....

Recipes: There are lots of good recipes and ideas in the book that came with it - don't think I got the extras they talk about on the TV which is sad - but I am sure I can dig those up on line somewhere.

Leak Issue: OK - Here is the deal....for all you people who cannot read the instructions in the manual that comes with the unit. DO NOT OVERFILL - SCREW BASE ON SECURELY. If you didn't understand that, then here let me state it this way - HEY! SCREW THE BASE ON TIGHT AND DON'T PUT TOO MUCH STUFF IN IT. Still don't understand - how about this - DO NOT FILL ABOVE THE LINE MARKED ON THE CONTAINER WHICH STATES - MAX FILL LINE

I don't know how much clearer I can be without demoralizing someone at this point. It's simple folks - you need to leave enough room (airspace) in the container to allow blending to occur. If there is not airspace - liquid will push out at any seam it finds - consequently - it will leak. Follow the instructions, do not overfill and screw the base on securely and it will work beautifully. Here is another tip - because I have gone a little over on the fill once or twice. If while blending you keep an eye on the base where it meets the clear plastic container - you can see the leak working its way up through the threads of the base. If you see this happening, stop the unit and take some out and re-blend. Simple. Best practice is though to NOT OVERFILL - DO NOT FILL ABOUT MAX FILL LINE - TIGHTEN BASE SECURELY. Got it????

Price: I purchased mine at Target for $99 as most customers were complaining about the leak issue and if I had to return it, better to do it at the store where I bought it. Most times, I would go through Amazon, but this one had me thinking with all the banter about the darn leak issue, so I played it safe. I hear they sell them at some Bed Bath and Beyond's too if you are looking locally. And yes, far better than dropping hundreds on a Vitamix or Blendtec.

Comparisons to other: I did look at the Ninja Pulse unit as well. I was on the fence right up till I went to the store on which one I was going to get. I looked at both of the displays and found the Nutribullet was far beefier than the Ninja. The Ninja was light and "plasticky" and took up a little more space than the Bullet. And then here was the kicker for me. I looked down and there were no Nutribullet's on the shelf and 4 or 5 Ninjas. So - I was off to the next Target across town only to find they were sold out there as well. I asked the lady in the department when they expected more and she said - "We cannot keep them in stock, they sell out very quickly". OK - so that cinched the deal with me with the decision on which one to get. I then went to Target's online website, looked it up there and did a "Stock Check" for stores in my area - All were sold out except one which was about 30 miles away - so I made the trek up and go there to find ONE last unit on the shelf - MINE!!! I spoke to my sister in Denver and she was looking for one out there and found the same problem - sold out all over Denver, but found hers at BB&Beyond. When checking out the lady at the register said she was amazed at how many of these were selling recently. So ...this is a hot item folks....you may have to look around to find it in your town. Check the Target site for "Locate Locally"...it will save you some time - or just buy it on line from Amazon. You shouldn't need to return it because it doesn't leak if your remember to NOT FILL ABOVE MAX FILL LINE and TIGHTEN BASE SECURELY.

Overall Opinion: Have had this unit about a week and have done several dozen drinks with it so far and have absolutely no complaints - works great, is powerful and does not leak if your remember to NOT OVERFILL and NOT FILL ABOVE MAX FILL LINE.....lol. I love having my pulp back - - - Happy Smoothing Everyone!!!

P.S. My apologies to those who may be offended by my over stating the "common sense" aspect of the proper usage of this product. I realize "common sense" has lost its way in many areas of our society these days and when people cannot read the instruction manual which clearly says "Read First Before Using" then I start to wonder if maybe "literacy" is more the issue than "common sense". Either way - if you are reading this and feel offended by my comments about you not being able to understand what it means to NOT FILL ABOVE MAX FILL LINE or TIGHTEN BASE SECURELY, then I am sorry.....for you.

[Update:]
Nov 3, 2012 - Just checking in after seeing the last reply to my post and thought I would post an update here. First let me say I am very surprised at all the replies to my post, glad to see I am not the only one who thinks out things sensibly still. So, with the help of the NB and Weight Watchers, I am down 102 lbs since last January 1 in my quest to lose 165 by mid summer 2013. Since purchasing the NB in June, I have dropped about 40 additional lbs. (Averaging about 10lbs per month). I contribute much of the success to the NB and all the good things I can put in there and the benefits of having all of the stuff back in my drink rather than tossing it from using my old Juiceman Juicer. The NB itself is still working quite well, I have had no problems, 1 or 2 minor leaks (teaspoon or less), but it was due to my own errors of packing in a little too much or on a sleepy morning not tightening it quite tight enough. All in all, so very happy with the unit still and still highly recommend. Good luck everyone and I hope you can enjoy this little gem of an appliance as much as I have. - DH

[Update:}
Nov 21, 2013 - OK folks, time for me to chime in on this "rust and blade issue". I have been meaning to do this for awhile, but it seems people are really freakin on this rust and which blades to be looking for etc. I see some have posted some pictures of the newer style base. I am going to add mine with comments in red showing you difference between old and new styles.

I find it very hard to believe this is rust in these other pictures - are you all not drying your unit after you wash it and then just leaving it in the cabinet for 3 or 4 months before taking it to use again and then NOT washing it before you use it? I mean really....I take glasses out of the cabinet which we use each year at Christmas time and I ALWAYS wash them cause I don't like the taste of dust. If I looked and saw rust on blades I think I would either wash the heck out of it or not use it at all. I somehow think this might be fruit sedament which has not been cleaned off or washed and then let to sit. There could not possibly be grease inside this thing, maybe some light oil on the bearings...if it even uses bearings. I don't know what to tell you....I wash mine because I like clean utensils before I used them, sorry....personal preference.

OK, so yes as I mentioned in a reply to someone - I did have a loud sound like grinding almost, start about a year after I had it and I called customer service and for the price of shipping and handling ($6 I think) they sent me a new base. Immediately I saw the differences in blade configuration and in construction. Then when I tried it - wow - much much quieter....but I think mine was really getting louder over time. SO yes, the new blade extractor base is far "beefier" in construction and seems to be much quieter than the original ever was and also just seems "tighter".

Yes!! This is the same original unit I bought and it is still working fabulously and I use it ....8-10 times a week and my wife also uses it. I have been traveling a lot for work the last couple months so my regiment has been slightly adjusted on my weight loss program.

So bottom line on this update - I still love it, new base is best, make sure you get one with new base.

And for all the nice commenting folks congratulating me on my weight loss - here's an update. I am down it total 140 pounds. I did not make my goal of 220 by my 50th, but I have not put back on any...well a few here and there, but then lost them again...up and down a bit, but not focusing on my WW meetings as much and etc etc.... but I still feel great and much more active, swimming and working out. I contribute the success to WW and the NB....and of course "discipline".

Hope this helps - Check out the new pics I am adding now. - DH
review image review image review image review image
750750 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
2,552 of 2,698 people found the following review helpful
on April 29, 2012
I had not seen the infomercial when I purchased this. I was looking for a powerful smoothie maker after my smoothie blender died. The base is MUCH heavier/substantial and well made than the Magic Bullet. It also looks more expensive/nice. I know this because I was at Target examining them both closely. The 600 watts of power has been great to tear through kale, chard, frozen berries, almonds, chia seeds. I love the consistency of the smoothie when I am done. it is not a complete liquid, but really well blended. I love that you keep the nutrition of the pulp. It is not like my first old juicer that left the pulp out of the juice, but also the nutrition. It was a NIGHTMARE to clean. Then I bought the smoothie blender that is now kaput! The Nutri Bullet literally rinses clean in ten seconds. Obviously rinse it right after you are done using it. My daughter won't touch anything green and we put kale, chard, broccoli and fruit,berries to make it NOT green and she likes it. Honestly we are NOT a family that likes kale, chard, broccoli, prunes, but feel so much better now that we are ingesting them. It took about two weeks for me to notice a difference and feel better. My husband and I have been having two a day and I have lost 4 lbs in 18 days without trying. They just keep you full and satisfied. It has taken the edge off my sweet tooth. They will keep you "regular."
I don't know why they don't just give you two large smoothie cups. We only use the big size. Do not fill past the max line with fruit or water. It will leak out of the seal and down into the blender and out the bottom. There is no way to clean out where the smoothie leaks through. We overcrammed it the first few times and learned our lesson. It doesn't "liquify" or make it as smooth as when you use less.
Also you save a fortune when buying greens and frozen fruit from the big box stores. The smoothie tastes SO much better really cold. Our first green smoothie was not a success because it was warm! I would recommend defrosting the frozen fruit just slightly. It just blends it up better. (I think part of the problem were the frozen strawberries. They were huge and rock solid/hard to "liquify" completely.) We had such a big container of spinach/greens we ended up freezing it and it works/tastes great! My daughter complained it wasn't sweet enough, we tried honey, had to use too much, stevia, just didn't taste that great and then read about the health benefits of prunes. We tried 2-3 per big smoothie, enough for two glasses and it is perfect. A little sweetness and no prune taste at all. We also purchased the almonds, chia seeds and prunes at a huge savings from the big box store.
I highly recommend this Nutri-Bullet. It takes me about two-three minutes to make a smoothie and clean up. (I blend it for about thirty seconds.) We are trying/experimenting with foods we would NEVER eat. The directions and nutrition booklets are great to read through for health/diet info. I just love that this Bullet takes up less than half the space of my dead smoothie blender and 1/10 the space of my monster sized juicer that is going on Craigslist!
112112 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,903 of 2,070 people found the following review helpful
on May 8, 2012
Love to read reviews but rarely do I take the time to write them. From the moment I saw the NutriBullet on TV, I was on a mission to find one locally. Target $99, $105 included tax. Mine came with the Quick Start booklet, the User guide and Recipe booklet, as well as all the mixing/drinking cups, lids, rims, etc. One reviewer mentioned how eating salads was becoming monotonous/bunny food. Agree. Even though I dressed them up with tilapia, salmon, etc., it still just got old.

Now, on to my REVIEW: I started with the Phase I Toxin Cleansing Blast. I had one on Tuesday, May 1. OMGosh it was so good and was liquefied, no gritty bits, so no worries there. Day two, I had two of the same (Toxin Cleansing Blast) drinks. Both nights I saturated my sheets with sweat (TMI?). I lost three pounds but chalked it up to water loss. The remaining of the week I have been drinking three NutriBlasts a day, alternating between the Vita-Berry and Nutty Nectar blasts as I have still not used up all of my spinach. Today (Tuesday, May 8) has been one week and I am down 9.5 lbs. Still drinking water in between, but what is nice is besides all the nutrients via vegetables, fruits, etc., it is blended with water, so you get plenty of what your body needs and craves. Now, for you nay-sayers that will say "as soon as you start eating, the weight will come back on", you are probably right, and I plan to start incorporating food back into my plan. Also, nowhere does the NutriBlast booklet tell you NOT to eat solid foods in week one or at anytime, but I don't feel hungry. NutriBlasts are very filling, maybe the aeration helps. The only other thing I do is add Flax Seed to my Blasts since I had a complimentary jar of it from GNC and didn't know what to do with it until I saw the recipe booklet.

I was going to wait a month to see if this purchase was worth posting a review, but I am so thrilled that if this continues I will add to my post in one month. My Doctor suggested I lose 20 lbs as menopause and weight gain had snuck up on me so I hope I have finally found something to help out with that.

The three flavored Blasts I mentioned above are delish. I have not tried Kale or Collard Greens yet as a base. Now that kind of scares me, but the spinach as a base is awesome.

Oh, and besides my excitement of weight loss....the NutriBullet is compact enought to sit on your counter. Has awesome power and looks so nice out of the box, you almost don't want to use it. However, it cleans right up with a good hot water rinsing and a paper towel dries it off nicely. I have not yet put mine in a dishwasher (so far, not necessary).

Hope this helps.

UPDATE June 12: A little late on my update. Busy with graduations, etc. Today I am down an additional eight lbs. I did go back on my salads, fish, broccoli/asparagus, etc. meals once a day. Still doing my nutriblasts at least once a day, maybe twice, depending on how hungry I feel. Still using Flax seed in the Blasts. On to the Nutribullet itself....I absolutely love this item and for the price it can't be beat. Rarely do I use the Recipe book anymore. I toss in whatever fruits I have. Melon, grapes, pears, strawberries, apples, a banana (always)...whatever you have works. I am still using spinach as a base. I may not be as adventurous as others, I have not made a pure veggie blast nor have I tried Kale or Collards. Anyway, all is good with my NutriBullet, no leaks, no problems whatsoever. For me, it does what is advertised.
4747 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
2,670 of 2,955 people found the following review helpful
on October 12, 2012
I loved the NutriBullet when I got it, I used it every day. I purchased mine directly from their website. I even posted on my blog how awesome it was and recommended it to others. After having it about a month it sprung a leak, I had smoothie all over my counter and dripping down through the power base. I unplugged it and sent an email to customer service. I received no answer from them after three days so I tried to call them, after wading through a sea of voice prompts I finally received a message that said their customer service queue was full and to call back later - wow, no answer to email and they won't even take my calls.

After about 5 days I received an email saying they'd replace the unit and even waive shipping since it was less than a month old. Cool, that worked for me, problem solved... or so I thought. When I replied back to thank them for the replacement I received another reply asking me a bunch of questions about what I was doing when it broke. Each time I replied to one of their emails it took at least two days to get a reply. They would ask me something and I'd answer, then I'd get a reply asking the same thing a different way. It was almost as if they were intentionally stalling to keep from replacing my NutriBullet. I tried calling again and this time the phone would ring twice and go to a fast busy signal, I tried several times over the course of a day and then emailed again. After a few more days of trying I was able to leave a voice mail and was told they'd call me back. Finally I received a call saying they were sending my replacement out and they'd just need a credit card to charge the shipping to even though I was told I wouldn't be charged for shipping... since they stalled for two weeks now I was past my 30 days but eventually did get it shipped without paying.

That was over 2 weeks ago and I was told I would receive my replacement in 7-10 days. It's been over a month since I had the problem and first contacted them. I've made half a dozen phone calls and traded a dozen emails with them and still don't have a replacement.

If you decide to get a NutriBullet just be aware that if it breaks and you don't have a local retail store that will swap it out for you that you are in for one of the most frustrating experiences you've ever had. I still don't know when I'll get my replacement and most definitely wouldn't recommend others to buy one. Stupid NutriBullet.

**UPDATE:** On 10/17/12... after 21 emails, 4 phone calls and 5 weeks I received my replacement. I've used it a few times but to be honest after the ordeal to get it replaced I'm a bit burnt out on it. I'll definitely not purchase anything from this company again.
459459 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 28, 2014
I used the Magic Bullet NutriBullet three times - First two were great, but on the third attempt it malfunctioned and spewed the contents all over my white kitchen cabinets, ceiling, stove, floor. I had followed the instructions to the tee, but still had this very bad experience and it took many hours to clean up the mess. Photos of the damage accompanied my return to Amazon- hopefully someone will take a look.
review image review image review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 16, 2014
This product is amazing. I purchased it in October from Amazon and registered the warranty right away ("Your 15-Months Limited Warranty has been activated.") recommended it to everyone for months. It does what no blender or food processor can do - liquify and transform any mix of veggies, nuts and water or milk into a delicious elixir. So why a one star review?

There is a known problem with the cross blade cutter - it leaks. So what I was doing was cleaning it after each use. Then one day, I did a test. I filled up the big mixing container to the MAX line. And started it. It quickly became tinged with green, meaning that it leaks both ways.

I got in touch with Nutribullet and they told me that Boones Warehouse (Fulfilled by Amazon), which is the default option, was not an authorized reseller and that my warranty was void. Here is their response:
"However, Boons [sic](Warehouse) is not an authorized vendor. We unfortunately will not be able to honor warranty service. You may still purchase replacement parts at full cost."

So they give you permission to buy the parts at full cost. Thanks. Apparently the only authorized retailer is Nutribullet. The cost? 6 payments of $20 + $40 Shipping and handling. That's $160. You're going to pay $160 in the end or you're going to end up drinking whatever concoction is seeping up from the spindle-bundling at the base of the crossblade.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 28, 2012
My Husband has always loved to juice. For him the more earthy tasting the better but hated wasting the pulp. So he absolutely loved the concept. We have had no leaking or problems with the motor. It blends beautiful. However, the quality of the cups leave a lot to be desired. Within two weeks of daily usage both small cups were broken. One of the small plastic protrusions (There are three) broke off leaving them useless to the machine. Since I had registered my product with them I contacted the company and offered to send them back to them for replacements. I was promptly was reassured that "We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and they would replace them "FREE OF CHARGE". Now for the kicker, even though it was registered with them they demanded the original receipt, OK, Found that. Then they said I had to pay handling charges that would cost more for the 2 small cups alone than what I could order a complete set from there website that included 1-small Cup, 1- Large cup, 1- Extractor blade and one Handel. When I complained "David Victor" never returned my e-mails and it has now been 3 weeks. Bottom Line, buy a warrantee external to the company or get from a big box so you can frequently return for new replacements, Nutribullets business model a "soak them as you can" policy. What a shame, a pretty good product is tainted by a company run like this one.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 22, 2012
Ok people, I am very analytical. So when I saw an infomercial about this, I dove deep into each health claim it made. Further, I dug into all the Amazon reviews about the actual feedback of users. I will detail my concerns before my purchase, and 1 month after using it ~2 times per day. So roughly 60 uses.

"it sounds like a military jet engine when it is running" -> Not so. It sounds as loud as loud as any blender I have ever used. Does not come close to the sound of a jet engine.

"the plastic cup broke when screwing on tightly" -> Not yet. I have tightened the lid tight enough to prevent leakage, and tight enough that my wife cannot open it. There is a rubber ring that gets compressed to prevent leakage and probably absorbs some force when tightening. Would say i put it pretty tight, and it has not broken.

"it smells like grease or electronics burning when using" -> Yes. The first use it did smell like electronics smoking. As a guy, i am not super sensitive to smells. That said, it was noticeable, but not very strong. It dissipated over the course of a few uses. I would imagine there is some lubricants that were burring off initially. No smells at this point.

I hope this helps. Also, a note on my health/weight loss. I drink a big one at b-fast, eat like crap at lunch (company buys lunch every day), and big one for dinner. I am down 15lbs, and have ALOT of energy in AM and PM. I still get food comma after lunch - but i eat like crap so that is to be expected. Take care.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 30, 2013
I was excited to buy this product when I saw the infomercial, as I've been wanting to start either juicing or making green smoothies. I decided on a smoothie maker, because a good juicer is much more expensive and involves a lot more cleanup. I received it about a week ago, and I'm returning it. I tested it against the Oster BLSTCC-BFP 6-Cup Glass Jar 12-Speed Blender Plus 3-Cup Food Processor, Black that I've had for years, and the Nutribullet failed miserably:

1) Much of it is made out of plastic, even parts of the power base! The user guide says to be sure not to use it for more than 60 seconds because it can permanently damage the motor. If it overheats and the motor stops working, you have to unplug it and let it cool down for an hour. When I used it for only 30 seconds, I noticed a strong burning plastic smell, even though everything I put in it was soft or liquid, with the exception of 3 ice cubes. I wasn't sure it would make it and was afraid it would burn out. My blender has an all metal drive, with a glass jar. I've had it for years and use it all the time. Many times, I've had it blending for over 2 minutes at a time, with no problem at all.

2) The Nutribullet is supposed to be such a cinch to clean, but it's not any easier than my trusty blender (in case you're wondering: no, I do not work for Oster!). In fact, I'd say my blender is easier because it doesn't leak, can withstand high temperatures, I've cleaned it in the dishwasher countless times, and it looks and works like I bought it yesterday. Plus, the power base is way easier to clean - doesn't have all the Nutribullet's plastic nooks and crannies that are nearly impossible to get into to clean.

2) The Nutribullet leaks too easily. You have to screw the lid/blade on top of the cup, then turn it upside down and insert it into the base where the motor is. If you don't screw it on just right, it will leak. This is not an ever an issue with a regular blender.

3) It comes with all sorts of accessories, so you think you're getting a great deal for the money, but you're really not. It comes with 1 tall cup, 2 short cups, lids, handles, etc. I don't use or need the handle. I don't need or use the lids. I don't need or use the 2 short cups - they're an absolute waste, unless you're making a smoothie that's sized for a baby. It's a waste of plastic and a storage nightmare.

4)I tested it against my blender. I use the exact same ingredients, at the same time: ice, blackberries, banana, almond milk, protein powder, sesame seeds, and cold water. They both blended well, had fairly the same consistency. Neither product was able to "pulverize" the blackberry seeds (which the Nutribullet claims to do, and I quote, straight from their website: "the NutriBullet comes with the all-new Extractor Blade that emulsifies even the toughest of ingredients including seeds, nuts and stems." Well, it most certainly does NO such thing. The only significant difference was that the smoothie from the Nutribullet was cool, bordering on tepid, while the smoothie from my blender was ICE COLD. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. #1, I like my smoothies ice cold. #2, it just goes to show that the Nutribullet so easily overheats, while my blender stays cool as a cucumber.

Now, here is the kicker:

My blender is $49.99 AND comes with a food processor
The Nutribullet is $119.94

It's a no-brainer.

By the way, like most of you, I'm a busy person. I rarely take an hour to write a product review, unless I strongly feel that I'm doing a public service by doing so. This is one of those times. You can spend far less money and get a far superior product.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2013
First, let me say this: I received my NutriBullet as a gift about two months ago; I have no personal monetary investment in the product. Let me try to give you a rational and objective review from that standpoint.

Pros:
1) The unit is small. It uses very little counter space and is easy to take on road trips and such.
2) Regular clean-up is also very easy. After mixing, rinse the blades and wash the container pieces you have used; your all cleaned up in less than a minute. I find this particularly nice. I had been avoiding using my other mixers because the cleanup was laborious.
3) It's got pretty good power for its size. You won't juice wheat grass with it, but it will do fine with most nuts and hard vegetables. Hint: Put the hard items in last so they wind up by the blades.
4) Price is good for these capabilities when compared to more high-end models like a Vitamix or HealthMaster.

Cons:
1) Only one larger container is provided; two small ones. I would like to have seen that the other way around.
2) Securing the blades to the container requires a fair amount of strength. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who does not have fairly decent muscle tone in the arms. Failure to lock it down tight is a real problem (see next). Absolute care must be exercised to ensure a proper seal every time!
3) There is one CRITICAL critical design flaw. If the container leaks (it happened to me once), there are numerous openings between the outer shell and inner-wall liner. The result is that juice and gunk gets trapped between the two. This causes the switches to stick, is unsanitary, and both unsightly and smelly. The unit can't be immersed and there is no good way to disassemble it for cleaning. It can be done (I did it, takes about 45 minutes and a bit of patience) but be warned: doing so will void your warranty.

Summary: All in all, a good unit. It is compact, strong, easy to use and clean up; but it takes good grip strength to work with and a failure to seal the container properly can lead to a difficult cleaning job in a design that is ill-suited for such a clean-up.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...