Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NutriSystem Nourish: The Revolutionary New Weight-Loss Program
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 28, 2004
As a certified personal trainer and aerobics instructor through AFAA, and a person who has lost over 200 pounds, I WISH I had this book back then. This book is so incredibly MOTIVATING, INSPIRATIONAL and HELPFUL! A very easy-to-read book that gives excellent advice and a weight loss program that is surely successful! I have recommended it to many of my personal clients and every one of them have succeeded (and now that the book is out, they have read it too!) What are you waiting for! Read this book! It is AMAZING!
on April 8, 2004
This is an excellent program. I haven't had much discipline when it comes to what I eat and this is the only program I've tried that really works and did not leave me feeling cranky and deprived. I lost 20lbs without exercise in the first 2 months and am continuing to lose 2lbs a week. The weight loss has given me so much energy that now I can't sit still so exercise fit itself into the plan without being forced. This program works if you love to cook (I don't) and if you like convenience of prepackaged food (I do). I'm never hungry on this program because I eat 5x a day. The web site is informative and teaches proper portion size and a healthy mix of protein, carbs and fats. This book takes it the extra step to really explain what is behind the program so you can maintain the weight loss easily. I now know that my slow metabolism was due to blood sugar fluctuations. My metabolism is no longer slow and my blood pressure is textbook-perfect. Most importantly, I feel and look much better and my energy has increased 100%. Don't wait, start the program today and feel better almost immediately. It really does work and it is very easy!!!
22 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2005
WOW...I had a lot of success with nutrisystem over 10 years ago...and gradually gained weight over the last year...(after some weight loss on Weight Watchers the last time) ....So finally I decided to go on Nurisystem again...Preparing myself for the Hum Drum food I had the first time...HOWEVER...Between the recipes in this book and the packaged food I am very satisfied..I really like these recipes and the portion control...I highly recommend this program! The food is good.
on March 28, 2006
Even if you are currently buying your food from NS, this is a great book to have as a resource. Eventually you will reach your goal and be on your own, and the book will become your guide on maintaining your success. You can't beat the price for keeping your health.
on March 26, 2004
This is the best diet book I've ever read. It's very straight-forward and simple. The recipes are also delicious. Plus, the exercise plan is really easy to understand. If you are trying to lose weight, you should definitely read this book.
on March 25, 2004
What a breath of fresh air,a book that untangles this carbohydrate mess that nobody understands,that you can eat carbs and not have to go to confession.This book is so easy to read and is loaded with information that I can really use as an overweight person.I didn't realize how much my emotions could effect the way I eat.I have already started some of their mind exercises and they really help and I am in the first week of the diet and have lost 3 pounds.Thank you Dr.Rouse and Nutrisystem
on January 4, 2007
I found this book to be very useful in getting a better understanding of the Nutrisystem Program. I was using their food products and now I am able to continue to loss weight on my own following the books guidelines.
on March 15, 2007
I have found this book to very informative and helpful in following the Nutrisystem plan. You can use it by itself, or in conjuction with the NS foods.
on March 25, 2004
I have been on the Nutrisystem Plan for only 2 months and have lost 30lbs. The foods are prepackaged and really teach you portion control. You add your own fruits and veggies and your own twist of spices etc. to their meal plans. I am never hungry, you eat the right foods to keep you full. It is the easiest way to lose weight. Its a simple program, you see results fast which modivates you into staying with the program. I weigh less, feel healthier and have more energy than I have in over 20 years. TRY IT, IT REALLY WORKS!!
on June 26, 2008
I decided to join Nutrisystem about a year and a half ago. I had a second child the previous year and had an extra 30 lbs to shed. I had convinced myself that I had "metabolism" problems. Eventhough it is expensive, my husband and I found the money for me to start. I had tried diet after diet before this. What I discovered to be the best part of Nutrisystem it really doesn't feel like a diet, more like a lifestyle/eating habit change. Well, 6 months later 35 lbs gone and back into single size clothes. Some of my clothes from high school were fitting. I was afraid to come off of the program. I was afraid eating habits would revert back and I would gain all the weight back. But, here I am over a year later and the weight plus some more is still off. It truly was a lifestyle change for me. I found eating smaller portions and being more aware of healthy foods became second nature. So, if you are ready... and only if you are ready... do it! My dad joined about 3 months after I started when they saw my body shrinking before their eyes and he lost 75 lbs (men stink!). If you aren't ready to 100% commit, you will be wasting your money. That means being ready to follow the program to the letter, crossing every "t" and dotting every "i." I knew if I paid that kind of money for something, I would commit to it. So,if you are ready to give it your all, go for it!