Nutrivene Baby Biotic is a multi-species probiotic formula to meet the special needs of infants. This high-potency, hypoallergenic blend of 5 Lactobacillus species and 5 Bifidobacterium species is designed to safely meet the metabolic and intestinal support needs of infants up to the age of 2 years.
All Lactobacillus species in Baby Biotic produce only L(+)-lactic acid that can be safely metabolized by infants. Each species in this formula has been selected based on the scientific literature documenting its safety and crucial importance to the normal development of an infant's gastrointestinal and immune systems.
• L. rhamnosus is important for the normal maturation of an infant's immune system.
• L. casei is critical for the proper differentiation of immune dendritic cells as the infant's immune system learns to distinguish between harmless antigens and toxins and pathogens.
• L. gasseri is native to the human gut and normally present in human breast milk.
• L. paracasei produces high amounts of L(+)-lactic acid and antagonizes pathogens such as rotavirus, Staphylococcus aureus, and Clostridium difficile
• L. salivarius normally colonizes the intestinal tract, enhances calcium absorption, and promotes normal intestinal barrier function.
• B. breve promotes growth of B cells in Peyer's patches in the ileum.
• B. infantis is normally found in infants and its presence reduces the risk of necrotizing enterocolitis in premature or low birth weight babies.
• B. lactis enhances normal immune function by increasing numbers of total, helper, and activated T cells.
• B. bifidum suppresses total and allergen-specific IgE secretion and its populations are often low in infants with allergies.
• B. longum regulates the immune response to respiratory antigens and inhibits neutrophil elastase, which is important to normal innate immune functions.