4.0 out of 5 stars Diet dog food that my dog likes!
My German Shepherd is a wonderful friend. But she has a tendency to carry a little extra weight (not enough to be any great problem, but enough that the vet wanted her to lose a few pounds).

Published on November 11, 2009 by Steven A. Peterson

1.0 out of 5 stars Made our dog sick.
Published on July 18, 2011 by Tuscani

1.0 out of 5 stars Made our dog sick., July 18, 2011
Tuscani (Saratoga, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nutro Natural Choice Lite Dog Food (Misc.)
We switched to Nutro Lite Dry recently, and it had very negative effects on our Black Lab. The food itself was being digested, but approx 8 hours after eating she would vomit bile. This went on for about a week before we did a search online on reviews of the brand and found a lot of recent reports saying this same Nutro brand was causing other dogs to have the same symptoms. In some cases, people with 3 dogs, saw all 3 dogs start vomiting after changing to Nutro. When all was said and done, I tossed out the remaining Nutro and went back to her previous brand. She has not vomited since. This is obviously not the case with all dogs, but keep in mind you may want to test this brand by purchasing a small bag before purchasing something large. I'm just glad our dog didn't have permanent problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nutro Dog Food - Sensitive Stomach, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Nutro Natural Choice Lite Dog Food (Misc.)
First of all when you go to the Nutro web site you will find no easy link to customer comments or feedback. Something has changed with this company. My dog has been on this food for 3-4 years now and all of a sudden when we purchased the latest bag/s he has been sick constantly. I FINALLY found an 800 number to call and asked if anything in the food came from China and they said no. However they did say that they "removed" a couple of things from the food. Very evasive and scary to me. Somewhere along the line this company has become very shady. Something is up and I would never recommend this dog food to anyone. I don't trust any company that avoids their customers!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Diet dog food that my dog likes!, November 11, 2009
Steven A. Peterson (Hershey, PA (Born in Kewanee, IL)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nutro Natural Choice Lite Dog Food (Misc.)

This brand was recommended, and I am a very satisfied customer (and so is my dog, since she wolfs this food down). She has lost enough weight to make the vet happy. The food is tasty enough (at least her eating habits make it seem like it must be tasty to her!) that Asha (my dog) is happy. And her human family members are pleased that she has lost some weight and is, in the end, a healthier dog for it.

So, I'm convinced that this brand does what it is supposed to do. . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars weight loss tool for dogs, January 31, 2009
This review is from: Nutro Natural Choice Lite Dog Food (Misc.)
My golden retriever enjoys this food-- in fact, she scarfs it down.

I agree that this is a unique food in that it is low calorie yet also highly digestible. I appreciate that this food pays attention to skin and coat health (some of the very noticeable areas negatively impacted by most diet foods), and that it is very digestible, even though it includes lots of fiber to help your dog feel full. Another great option is Nutro Ultra Weight Management Dry Dog Food (17.5-lb bag).
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ingredients include:
Rice Flour, Lamb Meal, Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Powdered Fiber, Natural Flavors, Soybean Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Yeast Culture, Calcium Carbonate, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Potassium Chloride, Monocalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Dried Kelp Meal, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Manganous Oxide, Biotin, Garlic Flavor, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Chondroitin Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware! Made our dog vomit, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Nutro Natural Choice Lite Dog Food (Misc.)
Warning: this food will make your dog sick. We bought this for weight control for our border collie and within a few days he was vomiting bile and his food, sometimes in the middle of the night. After two weeks of this we got concerned enough to look into it because the problem wasn't going away and was becoming more frequent. Just google 'nutro vomiting' and see all the reports of other pet owners who have had the exact same experience, sometimes leading to severe animal sickness.

5.0 out of 5 stars best dry so far!!, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Nutro Natural Choice Lite Dog Food (Misc.)
I have been feeding both of my dogs, one German Shep. and one Golden Retr. this dog food from the beginning. I mix it with their can twice a day, 1/2 c dry 1/2 can. So far it has helped keep their weight down and they dont get bloated, a thing you have to worry about with these deep chested dogs. I would never recommend feeding straight dry to any dog for any reason as I lost a dog to bloat due to my own ignorance.... would have been nice if my vet would have told me BEFORE he died!!!!
This product is exccellent and reasonably priced for my budget. Im especially impressed it has no corn soy or wheat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the digestive system., June 5, 2010
Our dogs are not overweight, but we use this food anyway, and they really like it. There are 2 main reasons i continue to buy it:
1. The dogs never have gas problems, and 2. Their stools are always firm and easy to pick up.

Whenever we've tried something else (yes, we used high quality food, switched gradually, and gave them time to adjust) that has not been the case. It gets expensive to feed this food to two 75 pound dogs, so some day we'll probably try again to find a cheaper alternative. But in the meantime, there is an obvious difference in the dogs digestive health, so I highly recommend Nutro Natural Choice Lite.

4.0 out of 5 stars My beagle is happy, February 13, 2010
This review is from: Nutro Natural Choice Lite Dog Food (Misc.)
After her first day on Nutro Natural Choice Lite, I already see a new dog.
My beagle Belle is always hungry, and because of this is about 25 lbs overweight.
After just one feeding, she is very content and hasn't begged for our food. That in itself is AMAZING!
The fiber in this dog food is keeping her full and content. I really believe I should be seeing a thinner dog soon.
She is also epileptic so the natural easier digested food should help her too.
Thanks NUTRO

4.0 out of 5 stars weight loss tool for dogs, January 31, 2009
My golden retriever enjoys this food-- in fact, she scarfs it down.

I agree that this is a unique food in that it is low calorie yet also highly digestible. I appreciate that this food pays attention to skin and coat health (some of the very noticeable areas negatively impacted by most diet foods), and that it is very digestible, even though it includes lots of fiber to help your dog feel full. Another great option is Nutro Ultra Weight Management Dry Dog Food (35-lb bag).
~~~~~~~~~~~