Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
asked by S. Lee on March 18, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
S. Lee answered on March 18, 2009
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Eric -K- answered on March 19, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Garmin has confirmed that the Amazon listing is incorrect, and the 1390T does not have those features. Hopefully Amazon will get their information corrected.
Eric -K- answered on March 20, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S. Lee answered on April 7, 2009
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Eric -K- answered on April 7, 2009
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well after a couple weeks of going back and forth, I finally decided to buy the 765t. The deal breaker was the fact that the 1390t DOES NOT have a powered mount, so you need to plug the power cable in every time you mount it. I confirmed this with Garmin.
R. Nayak answered on April 27, 2009
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nope, these are not SW upgrades nor Firmware upgrades you can get later. Some of these features are Hardware capabilities so you do not get additional capabilities as time goes by. SW upgrades tends to be bug fixes or new additions of the map data. IN my observaton, Garmin will add back "some" of these capabilities in a future model line.
S. Lee answered on May 1, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You mentioned that Garmin strips out features on new releases and then adds them in the next quarter or so. Do they make those added features available through software upgrades or are you SOL if you buy the unit without those features?
L. Horowitz answered on May 1, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Interesting. I've been considering pre-ordering the 1390T. The amazon description says it does have multi-point routing, maybe it is wrong. With the FM transmitter on the 765T, do you have to use the FM transmitter, and does this mean you have to tune your radio to a dead FM channel while driving? Interesting point you make, because the prices are very similar on Amazon.
Eric -K- answered on March 18, 2009
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think the size difference and battery life is a huge plus. The 1390t .2" thinner, .8 oz lighter and has 4 hours of battery life as opposed to the 3 hours that the 765t has.

I personally don't care about 3D Building Display, MP3 player, Audio Book, Headphone Jack, FM Transmitter.

Also the 1390t comes with 'Public Transit Mode' which I also think is a big plus.

And Garmin Locate is similar to Hotfix right?
R. Nayak answered on April 7, 2009
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product