Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NXT Generation Boys Crossbow
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 16, 2011
Bought this for my son (4yo). It is very high quality. Not even in the same class as Nerf. Shoots farthest of any foam projectile toy I've ever seen. Highly recommended. Gauranteed not to be disappointed if your looking for a foam projectile cross bow.
on February 11, 2013
My 9 year old nephew loved this gift. The only thing that would make it better is if there were no assembly and it came ready to go. But the assembly is a snap so it's ok. My nephew thanked us multiple times for getting it for him, he really enjoyed it!
on April 1, 2012
I bought this crossbow hoping for the best, and I was not disappointed. Mechanically, it is a functional crossbow. It is way more realistic than any other toy out there on the market. It is made of solid plastic, so there is little chance of the body breaking. The darts it comes with are wider and longer than regular NERF darts, but you could probably use NERF darts if you weighted them a bit. The bow has a range of 30 feet, and close to 100% accurate at 15 feet. I used this in a tactical game that involved NERF guns, and the crossbow has a better range than an unmodified NERF gun! It saw heavy use over a weekend of camping and shows no wear at all. The only forseeable problem is eventually the string would wear out, but it seems to be replaceable. I would recommend getting an extra pack of the NXT generation crossbow darts, because the package only comes with three.
on August 6, 2014
I've owned about 40 Nerf guns or so, and this is by far one of the coolest and most effective ones I own! I've had this for nearly two years now, and it still works the same! I've fired this thing close to a thousand times or so and it shows no sign of straining. There's a bit of setup involved, but it was very easy to do and didn't take too much time. If there are any cons to this crossbow, it's just that it's very easy to hurt someone with it! It's very accurate and shoots very fast, so make sure to supervise any young users! It could definitely do a lot of damage if you got hit in the eye. Also, improvised ammunition for this can be very dangerous! I've made a small dent in a wall by shooting it with a highlighter cap, so be very cautious about what you shoot out of this thing! But those things aside, this is one of the most accurate, simple-to-use, and coolest dart guns out there, and for a complete bargain! I'd highly recommend this to anyone, grown-up or not, who wants to shoot their friends with a crossbow!
on December 27, 2012
I purchased this crossbow for my 5-year-old nephew this year for Christmas. At first I was hesitant, given the age limit of the bow was stated to be 14 and since he was only 5 I didn't want him to hurt himself. Despite the fact that the bow does pack a punch and sends bullets flying, my nephew found it rather easy to use and absolutely LOVED it! I would just remind everyone out there to make sure to monitor their kids while they fire the gun since it is pretty powerful for only a toy.
on April 21, 2014
So far our gun hasn't broke, it is used by a 14 year old. Ordered the extra darts same brand and everything. First couple shots fired far and good, next it barely shot 2 feet in front of him. Seems like every other shot the dart only goes a couple of feet, shoot it again and this time it flies far. We don't get it, we even took off the scope to see if that would make it work better, but no it doesn't. Something is wrong with it and we don't know what. Save your money it's not worth buying, son is disappointed.
on May 4, 2012
I bought this for my 10-year-old and he loves it. He carries it around all of the time and has become pretty accurate with it. It is powerful, so we don't let him shoot us or the cats, but he lines up pop cans and shoots them off. More than anything, it just looks cool. He thinks he is now a Ranger's Apprentice (not quite ready for the longbow, thank goodness).
on September 27, 2014
I bought this last year for my Halloween costume (I went as Daryl from The Waking Dead. I'm a girl but it worked!. lol) It was light enough to carry around all night; I attached a strap so I could wear it on my back. Now it's just a fun toy to play with every once and while. I only really used it for that night and now it kind of just sits around my house but I imagine it being a fun kids toy.
on October 27, 2013
I bought this for my son the packaging was poor the screw was loose in the box I almost lost it I also bought my son the Wild Hunting 22" crossbow I got it about a week ago it is already broken he used it 3 times the Nxt crossbow is WAY more sturdy & shoots farther you won't find a better toy crossbow
on March 27, 2015
This has proved to be strong, durable, quality and long lasting. We gave this to our 9 year old grandson for Christmas 2014. Been waiting to write review to see how this cross bow stood up. It has never disappointed our grandson by bending, developing soft spots, breaking, cracking or going off straight shooting. It is the perfect pre real crossbow choice. It shoots the darts pretty strong, even at a distance of 25 feet the shot is still strong and true. The pull is nudging towards a true cross bow. My grandson is nuts about this crossbow. He is not old enough yet for the real deal and this one offers good training and a pretty good idea for shooting. It uses the foam darts, which is perfect for the younger learners. We feel we got the value for our money in kind for the Crossbow