1,156 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Xbox 360 Charging Station on the market!
Published on December 28, 2009 by James Witten

3.0 out of 5 stars Mine Broke
Published on May 19, 2011 by Brian Blonski

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Xbox 360 Charging Station on the market!, December 28, 2009
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I just purchased this charging station from Best Buy on an impulse and I am glad I did. First of all, its BLACK - glad someone finally made something for us XBOX ELITE owners! No more messy USB charging wires coming from the XBOX... no more leaving the XBOX running while the controllers are charging! This unit plugs directly into your wall power outlet! Says made in China - but it appears very well made. The chargebase even has rubber pads on the bottom to prevent it from sliding all over your entertainment center. The NYKO batteries fit and worked perfectly right out of the box. Placing the controllers on the base after gaming is a breeze. When you place your controllers on the base the LED light turns RED - indicating it is charging your controller. When the charger is done it turns green and then turns off. Thanks NYKO for making such a great product at an affordable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Newest Version with a USB port. A great product now greater., May 8, 2012
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Nyko keeps showing us that even though they make great products, there's always room for improvement.

I have two of these. The first version, which I bought long ago, has the two big lights you see on some of the pictures. Those lights turn red while charging and green once fully charged; and eventually go off if you leave the controllers in it, which is basically what this unit does, it provides a charging and organizing solution for controllers.

Now, the unit presently being sold at amazon is the newest version of the product I just described above, with some changes and a great addition. The unit now has a USB port on the front. You can use it to charge the 360 wireless headset and/or any USB base electronic (PS3 controller, cellphone, etc). The charger remains plugged to your AC outlet, but it does not drain energy, unless you are charging controllers or USB devices.

The charging indicator has been change, it no longer has the two LED lights, it now has two controller graphics on it, each marked as 1 & 2, to indicate wich controller is being charged, one front, two rear. They each have a small light that again, turns from red to green to off.

You get the following: the charger, two rechargeable batteries and instructions. Basic, yet extremely useful. This charger is great for any level gamer, the fact that you can drop & forget, is a great feature. No power buttons to worry about. Nothing.

Get this charger, you will get your money's worth in no time. The addition of the USB port was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know it had it until I got my charger. Nyko makes such good products that I didn't even bother reading the description before I bought it.

One more thing, Nyko has a great customer support team, I have dealt with them numerous times, not because of faulty products, but for my own needs (extra batteries, PS3 connectors, etc) and they were always helpful and resolved my issues quickly and with little effort on my part, so in the rare case that you should need technical assitance, I'm sure they will help you in a heartbeat.

I am a Nyko fan/supporter and will remain so as long as they stay in business. I have two 360 chargers, the PS3 move and controller charger and they Wii charging stations, all of them have done a great job without any problems.

There will always be negative reviews, but I can honestly tell you, I haven't had any problems so far. Some people have to understand, sometimes faulty products go through quality inspections, and that applies to anything you buy nowadays, but in this case, if you receive a faulty Nyko product, do your part, call Nyko or Amazon. Either one will help you solve the issue. Good Luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars charger review, March 14, 2010
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I purchased this charge for the 360 after giving the PS3 equivalent to my father in law. I have to say it is great. The batteries fit with out any complications . It turns off when the charge is complete. It holds the controllers so I can find them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value almost 5 Stars, January 21, 2010
J. A. Rodriguez "T-Rod" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This Nyco charger with two batteries is a great value for anyone that has just purchased an Xbox and is looking for rechargeable batteries and a charger base.

As you can see from the picture it comes with charger base that can accomodate two controllers with the batteries in place. It also comes with two batteries for only [...]!

However, this charger will not recharge the standard Microsoft batteries ([...])as those are not compatible with the Nyco Charger base.

I unfortunately now have two Microsoft batteries that require the play and charge kit (above) and this Nyco charger and two Nyco rechargeable batteries. If this charger could charge the Microsoft batteries as well this would have earned a 5 rating.

I have only had this prodcut for a week and its performance is superb so far. The batteries came almost fully charged so it took less than 15 mins total to charge both. Mine arrived from Target/ITC via Amazon. I selected the black model to match my Xbox. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 8, 2010
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Got this product when it was released. One of the best purchases for my setup I have ever made. The batteries last much longer than the standard Microsoft rechargable batteries and take less time in my opinion. The controller just drops right into the base and charge takes maybe 30 min. at the max. Have had multiple friend purchase this item off of my recommendation and have never gotten a complaint back. 100% recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars XBOX360 ELITE owner must have, September 3, 2009
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Very nice charger base for the money, not to mention it comes with TWO rechargeable batteries that are said to last 25 hours on a full charge.I dont play my system day and night like some people, but its nice having a controller charged up and ready to go.
Looks great beside the Elite too. Nice to see a company that thought of use people with Elite systems.
And no longer need to drag out the recharge cable. or hunt for batteries for my second controller.
Just pick one up and play.
Very nice product NYCO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, September 7, 2011
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Simply put, this is the best Xbox 360 recharging station around. I've had my Nyko charger for over a year and a half and couldn't be happier. Perfect fit and long lasting batteries makes this the perfect charger. I bought 2 and they have been flawless, did I mention I couldn't be happier. In a world full of cheap knock offs this Nyko charger is legit and well worth the money (especially since 2 batteries are included).

5.0 out of 5 stars charging, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
It seems a lot of people are saying you can't charge a Microsoft battery on this. There is a handy USB port in front and this suffices very well. Just plug your cord in and you don't have to leave your Xbox on to charge.

I just got it today and I like it very much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mine Broke, May 19, 2011
Brian Blonski (Grover Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This was a great product for the first few months. The batteries seemed just as good as the originals in terms of battery life. They didn't fit quite as nicely in the controllers as the original batteries, but were still perfectly useable. The charge base helps keep the counter tidy too. Unfortunately, after a few months, the charge base would no longer detect when a battery was fully charged and would always try to charge the batteries. Additionally, the charge base would try to charge while the controllers weren't even in the cradle. The red charge lights stay on all the time whether the controllers are in it or not. That is, for a few days until the charge base turns off altogether and refuses to charge anything. I can get it working again by unplugging and plugging back in the charge base, but then the red charge lights are on constantly again. I'm worried about it overcharging the batteries since the batteries are warm every time I take the controllers out of the charge base. It does still charge them though, so I can't complain too much. I think I just got a bad one. I'd be willing to try another one when I'm in need of new batteries. The good news seems that the batteries have a pretty good life expectancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great product, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This product works flawlessly. Comes with 2 rechargeable battery packs as well. This entire kit costs less than buying just the batteries themselves!
Battery life is great! Battery gauge is still full after 8 hour gaming sessions.

Well worth your money!