Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$26.39+ Free shipping

on December 28, 2009
I just purchased this charging station from Best Buy on an impulse and I am glad I did. First of all, its BLACK - glad someone finally made something for us XBOX ELITE owners! No more messy USB charging wires coming from the XBOX... no more leaving the XBOX running while the controllers are charging! This unit plugs directly into your wall power outlet! Says made in China - but it appears very well made. The chargebase even has rubber pads on the bottom to prevent it from sliding all over your entertainment center. The NYKO batteries fit and worked perfectly right out of the box. Placing the controllers on the base after gaming is a breeze. When you place your controllers on the base the LED light turns RED - indicating it is charging your controller. When the charger is done it turns green and then turns off. Thanks NYKO for making such a great product at an affordable price!
44 comments|239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2012
Nyko keeps showing us that even though they make great products, there's always room for improvement.

I have two of these. The first version, which I bought long ago, has the two big lights you see on some of the pictures. Those lights turn red while charging and green once fully charged; and eventually go off if you leave the controllers in it, which is basically what this unit does, it provides a charging and organizing solution for controllers.

Now, the unit presently being sold at amazon is the newest version of the product I just described above, with some changes and a great addition. The unit now has a USB port on the front. You can use it to charge the 360 wireless headset and/or any USB base electronic (PS3 controller, cellphone, etc). The charger remains plugged to your AC outlet, but it does not drain energy, unless you are charging controllers or USB devices.

The charging indicator has been change, it no longer has the two LED lights, it now has two controller graphics on it, each marked as 1 & 2, to indicate wich controller is being charged, one front, two rear. They each have a small light that again, turns from red to green to off.

You get the following: the charger, two rechargeable batteries and instructions. Basic, yet extremely useful. This charger is great for any level gamer, the fact that you can drop & forget, is a great feature. No power buttons to worry about. Nothing.

Get this charger, you will get your money's worth in no time. The addition of the USB port was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know it had it until I got my charger. Nyko makes such good products that I didn't even bother reading the description before I bought it.

One more thing, Nyko has a great customer support team, I have dealt with them numerous times, not because of faulty products, but for my own needs (extra batteries, PS3 connectors, etc) and they were always helpful and resolved my issues quickly and with little effort on my part, so in the rare case that you should need technical assitance, I'm sure they will help you in a heartbeat.

I am a Nyko fan/supporter and will remain so as long as they stay in business. I have two 360 chargers, the PS3 move and controller charger and they Wii charging stations, all of them have done a great job without any problems.

There will always be negative reviews, but I can honestly tell you, I haven't had any problems so far. Some people have to understand, sometimes faulty products go through quality inspections, and that applies to anything you buy nowadays, but in this case, if you receive a faulty Nyko product, do your part, call Nyko or Amazon. Either one will help you solve the issue. Good Luck.
0Comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 20, 2012
(Please rate this review if you find it helpful)

This charging station is amazing! it's very nice that it gives you a visual indication of how charged your controllers are. When controllers have finished charging, it automatically shuts off which is very nice. One thong that really impressed me is that if one controller is finished charging, and one controller stills needs to charge, it only shut off the one that is fully charged! A very smart accessory and a great buy!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 14, 2010
I purchased this charge for the 360 after giving the PS3 equivalent to my father in law. I have to say it is great. The batteries fit with out any complications . It turns off when the charge is complete. It holds the controllers so I can find them.
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
When I first saw the picture of this product, I was very concerned about the weight of the base. If the base wasn't heavy enough, the controllers would be easily knocked off. Turns out, this was not the case. It is actually very sturdy and the controller stays very well.

One thing I didn't find in the product page, probably because I skimmed it, is the fact that it comes with two batteries specifically designed for this base. Which totally makes sense, and now I have three batteries for one controller! Nice! I haven't tested how much life they have, but since it's extremely easy to just place the controller on the base and charge them, I've yet to have a problem with them.

Overall, the quality of this item is very high and so far I'm very pleased with it.
review image
on December 16, 2014
I'm happy with this unit so far. I've only had it a few days. It seems to be good quality and well built. The unit comes with 2 rechargeable batteries and the charging base.

I was under the impression from the product listing that this unit derived it's power from a USB port and that an AC adapter was optional. This is not the case. The AC power supply is built in and the cord is hardwired to the unit. There isn't anything wrong with this design. It does consume another AC receptacle position. It also doesn't make use of the USB power sitting in the Xbox. I wish both were an option. But that's ok.

I was also under the impression from an earlier review in 2012 that this unit had one or more USB ports on the front of it to provide USB charging power to other devices such as a gaming headset. This is not the case with the unit that was shipped to me. I'm not sure if there's variations in the models being shipped out or not. My specific model number was 86074-A50. I do see in one of the pics listed for this product that has a plastic piece with the word "Charge Base" on it. I'm guessing that this is a door of some sort that covers the USB ports on the model in the picture. Mine unit does not have this. It's a solid base with the string "CHARGEBASE" molded into the shell. Perhaps that review was over a model sold in 2012.
review image review image
on March 8, 2010
Got this product when it was released. One of the best purchases for my setup I have ever made. The batteries last much longer than the standard Microsoft rechargable batteries and take less time in my opinion. The controller just drops right into the base and charge takes maybe 30 min. at the max. Have had multiple friend purchase this item off of my recommendation and have never gotten a complaint back. 100% recommend!
on January 21, 2010
This Nyco charger with two batteries is a great value for anyone that has just purchased an Xbox and is looking for rechargeable batteries and a charger base.

As you can see from the picture it comes with charger base that can accomodate two controllers with the batteries in place. It also comes with two batteries for only [...]!

However, this charger will not recharge the standard Microsoft batteries ([...])as those are not compatible with the Nyco Charger base.

I unfortunately now have two Microsoft batteries that require the play and charge kit (above) and this Nyco charger and two Nyco rechargeable batteries. If this charger could charge the Microsoft batteries as well this would have earned a 5 rating.

I have only had this prodcut for a week and its performance is superb so far. The batteries came almost fully charged so it took less than 15 mins total to charge both. Mine arrived from Target/ITC via Amazon. I selected the black model to match my Xbox. Hope this helps.
99 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2015
Let me just start off by saying this charging base is Amazing!! I wish I had gotten it sooner before I wasted hundreds of dollars on batteries that only lasted a week. The charging base came in the best condition, it had that "new" smell that I love so much...there were no scratches on the base. The directions to charge the batteries are very simple, all you do is plug in the base, pop the battery shells in the controllers and sit them down in the base (make sure its all the way down in the base , if not then it won't charge). Do Not turn the controllers on, leave them off while charging. The indicator light will come on showing the status of the battery and that's it. Overall this is an awesome product and I will so be buying again.
on September 11, 2012
This product works flawlessly. Comes with 2 rechargeable battery packs as well. This entire kit costs less than buying just the batteries themselves!
Battery life is great! Battery gauge is still full after 8 hour gaming sessions.

Well worth your money!