5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Purchase
Personally, I didn't find the battery pack overly difficult to get into the controller. I don't know if I'm an outlier or something, since the other reviews complain about it, but it was quick and easy for me.
The battery for this is pretty solid; I've clocked about 10 hours on one and it doesn't show any signs of being close to dying.
Incredibly easy to set up...
Published 10 months ago by Stephen Sudney

2.0 out of 5 stars Issue with the battery contacts
One of the two cradels seems to work well, but the other requires me to move the controller around to get contact.
Published 6 months ago by Dad with 2 kids

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Purchase, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
Incredibly easy to set up and use. Just pop in the battery and the new controller backing and just drop it on the charger. A screen pops up that shows that a controller is charging, as well as one of three lights that display the charge level on the battery pack (25%, 50%, 75%).
Best used with 2 controllers (obviously), but if you mess with it enough you should be able to put the spare battery pack on and have it charge without the weight of a controller to hold it on, letting you quickly switch out when your controller's battery gets low, although it seems to hold a pretty good charge.
Contrary to one of the other reviews, my batteries did not come fully charged, but this wasn't an issue. I haven't been timing it or anything, but a full charge feels like it takes around a half hour to happen.
As far as I'm concerned, it's an excellent purchase. I had one for 360 too, and I never had any complaints with it. I'm assuming this will be much of the same. (For reference, the 360 version of this charger has 4.7/5 stars after over 640 reviews)

TL;DR: Don't let the other reviews dissuade you. Their low star rating seems to hinge greatly on their inability to put the battery in, not a reflection of the product as a whole. Excellent purchase, good batteries, very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Other people are likely putting it in wrong!, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
I can not tell you that they are definitely putting the battery in wrong, but some people say that the hole does not line up. The reason it doesnt line up is if you put it in the wrong way! The black part of the battery goes on the side of the two metal pieces on the controller. I put it in wrong originally wrong and it did not fit and my controller got hot! Make sure to put it in right. The battery says "top side" and that really is the top side and if you put it in right, it is very easy to put in. Just make sure to put it in right before you send it back. Also, here is a video by Nyko that explains how to insert the batteries: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Get it much cheaper somewhere else., January 2, 2014
M. Cornish (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
They sell this same thing for nearly half the cost at your favorite membership club... starts with a Cost and ends with a Co.
Like this drop in style a lot better than the plug in style like energizer. The light up led shows which controllers are charging and which are charged. It shuts off automatically after the controllers are charged up and the lights are not very bright which is nice. Definitely recommend especially if you get it at the price that I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the Xbox 360 Kit, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
I owned the Nyko charge base for the Xbox 360 and Love it. When I saw the local Gamestop got this in I immediately purchased it. Was perfect too because I went there to get a plug and charge kit.

For $30 you get two batteries and the charge base. $30 for two controller packs or $25 for a one controller plug and charge kit...you tell me?

The way it works is you have to take the battery backcover off the controller, put in the chargepack, then actually replace the cover with a cover they provide for you that has a cutout for the pins to be able to charge on the dock. I find it to be a pretty clean design the pins do not stick out everything works really nicely.

2.0 out of 5 stars Issue with the battery contacts, February 26, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Remember to RTFM, December 8, 2013
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
Very easy to use. I had this same type device for the 360 and this one is exceptional. If you used the previous product the charging lights are less pronounced. I imagine this might have been due to feedback as they were very bright previously and some might have found them annoying.

Some reviews mentioned problems with the battery but this is not the case if you read the big bright instructions on getting started. Another review mentioned a possible fire. It is easy to put the batteries in the controller backwards.

tl,dr - Negative reviews seem to be due to lack of reading "Getting Started Page"

2.0 out of 5 stars Trouble trying to get it to charge, July 14, 2014
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
Nothing like the one they built for the Xbox 360 controllers. Battery life doesn't last as long as the 360 counterpart but it lasts long enough to get several gaming sessions out and then place it back on the charger: approximately 10-12 hours.

The battery life isn't the reason for the lower rating. What bugs me is that I would spend about 15 seconds trying to adjust the controller until the charge base finally recognizes it and starts charging the battery. I'm wondering if I just got a lemon. Doesn't seem like it considering other reviews claim the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great setup, Great charge, Would buy again, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
First, let me say that it's easy to see how people mess up putting the battery pack in, and do it the wrong way. At first glance it looks like the battery pack +/- contact points should be in contact with the metal springs that are clearly marked with those symbols inside the controller. But if you look carefully, the symbols go the other way. The battery pack actually goes in with the plastic side against those springs, and the metal contact points facing the other way. But it should be obvious that you've done it wrong as soon as you try to put the cover on. The hole in the cover for the charging contact won't line up unless you put the batteries in the right way.

Now, once you've got it set up, it works great. Unlike the 360 version, there isn't a big pack on the back of the controller to drop securely into a large hole on the charging station, so it is possible to set the controller down on the charger and think you've done it right even though you missed. But this isn't Nyko's fault, this is just the nature of the redesign of the Xbox One controller. Nyko has provided two nubs on the base that fit into the back cover of the controller to secure it on the base. So if you set it down and give it a wiggle, it should be obvious if you've got it on there correctly. No big deal, you just can't toss it on the base from 10 feet away like you could with the 360 version.

Next, the display. I like that this one is not really bright. And once the batteries are charged and the green light has displayed for a short period of time, the display turns off completely. When on, the lights are even less distracting than the 360 version. You can still tell if this is charging from across the room, because the Nyko name and controller outline display in a soft white color on the front of the charger. The charging lights just below the outline of the controller display in red first, then orange, then green for fully charged. Those lights are really small square lights that I can't see unless I'm standing right by the charging base. No complaint from me, I like it that way.

The amount of charge is definitely sufficient. I have not been able to completely kill the battery yet. And I've used the controller continuously without charging for at least 24 hours of gaming, and it was fine. The rumble motors didn't even turn off in the controller. Currently, that's the only indicator I'm aware of that shows the batteries are low.

The only thing that I find lacking in this package is the option to plug the base in and charge via USB. I considered one of the other setups because of this option, but ultimately stuck with the Nyko. But I've already got so many things plugged in for my entertainment system, I wish that I could simply plug this into the back of the Xbox One if I wanted to.

Again, this works great. It does it's job quietly, as it should, stays out of the way, and it does it well. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a rechargeable solution for the new Xbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, same as the last iteration., November 30, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
There are some reviews on here stating that the battery is difficult to install and that the controller doesn't connect with the charger correctly. These people must be completely incompetent. I received the package, popped the batteries in my controllers, slid on the included covers, and dropped them into the charger without any snags. In fact, this version was easier to set up than the one for the 360. After being burned by the play and charge kit with the 360 I switched to the Nyco charge base and have never looked back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One (Accessory)
Okay, what we have here is a charging base for two Xbox one controllers.

What you do is switch out normal batteries and back plate for a rechargeable Nyko battery back and Nyko's own backplate that has a spot for the battery back to make contact with the charging element.

Installation was a breeze. I had this since January 25 2014 and they're still going strong. It even has an LED indicator on the base to show that it's charging and will turn off when it's done. That to me is awesome because I know when my controller is done charging and it saves energy!

I sometimes have company over and when we go to my room to play games we just grab them off of the charger and play and when we're done, simply put them back. When solo playing I will play until one controller is near dead then cycle to the other controller and charge the one that is "dead". I kinda treat the batteries in these controllers like I would my phone, let them discharge then recharge them. I am just trying to get the best life possible out of them.

I know I could also have went with eneloops but I like not having to worry about wasting my time opening up the controller, switching batteries out, then putting the batteries back in the charger. This product avoids those steps and it gives me a place to put my controllers so it's easier to keep track of.

I would recommend this charging base highly.

If anyone has any questions I will try my best to answer them

Thanks and if you decide to buy this charging base, enjoy ;)!

Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One
Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One by Nyko (Xbox One)
$29.99 $22.99