Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Platform: Xbox One|Change

on October 25, 2014
1.) Charge two xbox controllers by just sitting there and looking pretty - check.

2.) Easily place and remove the controllers without drawing suspicion that the product designer was trying to annoy me - check.

3.) Won't empty the wallet. - check

That's all I needed. But in addition to that, the charger looks very slick and form fitting sitting on top of the non-vented side of the Xbone. The indicator lights are angled upwards and don't emit bright light. So, I very much doubt you'll be annoyed if you are considering this for a bedroom.

Protip: This charger works well with a "smart power strip" which ensures the charger is only drawing power while you're watching TV. Another plus for the bedroom set-up - because night time.
review image
on December 2, 2013
This is a solid product that works great, much like it's predecessor, but Nyko could save themselves a lot of problems with a simple fix in labeling and directions.

You'll notice most of the negative reviews saying it doesn't fit right, followed up with responses like "Well you don't know how to follow directions," or "You put the battery in backwards." Reviewer JoeJoe posted a YouTube video of Nyko installing the battery correctly, but it's easy to see where people are getting confused if you look at the picture I posted in the gallery that compares the installed battery to what's in the directions.

On the battery, there is text that reads "TOP SIDE" with an arrow pointing up. But this is a horizontally laying device, so alternate text would have been much more useful, something like "THIS SIDE AWAY FROM BODY" or even just "THIS SIDE OUT." Additionally, the picture of the battery on the directions doesn't have any of the distinguishing marks that the actual battery has, so it's easy to get the battery disoriented, specifically because the "guide arrow" of the directions closely mirror the "TOP SIDE" arrow that's printed on the physical battery--which would give you a backwards battery if you follow your instinct to align the two.

This would be a very easy fix and save customers a lot of headache. Once you get past that obvious oversight, the product works very well.
review image
33 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2013
Personally, I didn't find the battery pack overly difficult to get into the controller. I don't know if I'm an outlier or something, since the other reviews complain about it, but it was quick and easy for me.
The battery for this is pretty solid; I've clocked about 10 hours on one and it doesn't show any signs of being close to dying.
Incredibly easy to set up and use. Just pop in the battery and the new controller backing and just drop it on the charger. A screen pops up that shows that a controller is charging, as well as one of three lights that display the charge level on the battery pack (25%, 50%, 75%).
Best used with 2 controllers (obviously), but if you mess with it enough you should be able to put the spare battery pack on and have it charge without the weight of a controller to hold it on, letting you quickly switch out when your controller's battery gets low, although it seems to hold a pretty good charge.
Contrary to one of the other reviews, my batteries did not come fully charged, but this wasn't an issue. I haven't been timing it or anything, but a full charge feels like it takes around a half hour to happen.
As far as I'm concerned, it's an excellent purchase. I had one for 360 too, and I never had any complaints with it. I'm assuming this will be much of the same. (For reference, the 360 version of this charger has 4.7/5 stars after over 640 reviews)

TL;DR: Don't let the other reviews dissuade you. Their low star rating seems to hinge greatly on their inability to put the battery in, not a reflection of the product as a whole. Excellent purchase, good batteries, very easy to use.
1111 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2014
I had high hopes for this.... didn't happen. No problems installing batteries or anything, but I could only get one of the controllers to charge. And that was about 90% of the time.

The second controller I could not get to charge at all. The base would light up for a split second when I placed it in the cradle, but would not stay lit. I would try and move it slightly to get a better connection, but that didn't work either.

I ended buying another style (from Energizer) on BestBuy .com for the same price Amazon had it for ( out of stock on Amazon) and also free shipping. It has been working flawlessly for a month now.

Do not waste your money on this headache.
99 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
I can not tell you that they are definitely putting the battery in wrong, but some people say that the hole does not line up. The reason it doesnt line up is if you put it in the wrong way! The black part of the battery goes on the side of the two metal pieces on the controller. I put it in wrong originally wrong and it did not fit and my controller got hot! Make sure to put it in right. The battery says "top side" and that really is the top side and if you put it in right, it is very easy to put in. Just make sure to put it in right before you send it back. Also, here is a video by Nyko that explains how to insert the batteries: [...]
55 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
I owned the Nyko charge base for the Xbox 360 and Love it. When I saw the local Gamestop got this in I immediately purchased it. Was perfect too because I went there to get a plug and charge kit.

For $30 you get two batteries and the charge base. $30 for two controller packs or $25 for a one controller plug and charge kit...you tell me?

The way it works is you have to take the battery backcover off the controller, put in the chargepack, then actually replace the cover with a cover they provide for you that has a cutout for the pins to be able to charge on the dock. I find it to be a pretty clean design the pins do not stick out everything works really nicely.
55 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
I'm not saying this thing doesn't charge the controllers—it very probably does—but it's really not a very intuitive interface and it's hard to tell if the controllers are really going to be fully charged the next time I want to play. The lights on the front come on after a brief delay, but then they go off again about a minute later. It's hard for me to believe that my controllers are fully charged, after four or five hours of gameplay, when they've only been on the charger for a minute. Also, be very careful about ensuring the controller charge points come in contact with the actual charging leads; I've found that the controllers don't necessarily settle in exactly where they need to be to charge correctly.
on March 10, 2015
Takes too much effort to get the controllers to actually charge as I have to spend a minute or two to actually get them to seat properly on the charger. It should be as simple as just setting the controller on the charger and it begins charging....but it is not that easy because they do not seat properly every time. Though once they are seated properly they do charge. It just that it takes too much effort to actually get them to seat properly. The rechargeable batteries are seated correctly in the controllers, but for whatever reason they don not seat properly on the charger base very easily. I would not purchase this product again.
on November 24, 2014
I have owned the Nyko Charge Base for the Xbox One, and for the Xbox 360. I loved my Xbox 360 Charge Base. It worked perfectly every single time and it never failed me. The new Xbox One charge base changed a little. For some reason Nyko took out the USB port from the front of the charge station. I used to charge a third controller via USB with that port, and/or sometimes my phone. But with the Xbox One Charge Base it does not have a USB port. One other thing is that the Xbox One Charge Base sometimes wont charge my front controller. the white LED light just flashes letting me know its not charging and I cant get either controller to charge in the front bay. :(
on November 28, 2015
It's a great product and environmentally friendly. People are complaining about only one of the charging slots works. I met the same problem. The solution is to clean the metal chips on the batteries, and on the base. I use a pencil eraser, and wipe it with lens cleaners. I also used a toothpick to push the chips on the base out (see pictures, and if you accidentally pop out the chips, just push them back in). Then it works. This saves you time and effort of returning it or exchange it. Hope the charger work at your home.
review image review image review image