Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$110.00

on July 21, 2010
Wii remote charge stations are a dime a dozen these days, but the Charge Station Quad rises beyond everything else I've seen.

PROS

- Like any charge station, simply resting your remotes on the station leaves them charging for their next use.

- Replaces your original battery covers with ergonomic grip handles

- Each grip handle comes in a different color, allowing your Wii motes to remain uniformly white while each stands out from one another when looking at the grip handles. It's a much nicer looking solution than purchasing different colored Wii motes.

- Charges from an outlet, NOT your Wii. The remotes will still charge when the Wii is off.

- Quite simply the best looking, most practical, and least problematic of all the four remote charging stations currently on the market.

CONS

- As with any charger station, you will need to remove the remote's plastic safety sleeve in order to charge your remotes. Straps may also make it more difficult for the charge plates to connect properly.

- As with almost all charger stations, you will need to remove the Wii motion plus accessory in order to charge your remotes. The Wii Remote Quadruple Charge Station is the only charge station out there that will charge with the Wii motion plus accessory attached, but that product has its own set of drawbacks.

All in all, this is the best charger station out there and certainly the most convenient and eye-pleasing way to charge your Wii remotes, but if you are unwilling to part with the plastic protective sleeves and wrist straps, any charger station may prove to be too inconvenient for you. Personally, I removed mine on day one, and a full year of house guests and parties later, not a single Wii remote has ever been dropped or thrown. Ultimately, it's a decision each family must make for itself, but I think the protective sleeve and wrist strap were provided more for the sake of keeping Nintendo out of lawsuits and less a necessary set of precautions for the average gamer. They shouldn't hold you back from enjoying an otherwise flawless accessory to your Wii system.
on January 14, 2009
I have searched for a charging dock for four controllers, and boy does this one really hit the home run. I like how you can keep the wrist strap on the conroller. However you do have to remove the gel sleeve from the controller. Does not take to long to charge. Best of all there were four rechargable batteries instead of just two that I thought I would get. Great Buy. Would buy from same company again...
77 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2009
comes with all four batteries, the battery covers have a nice grip to them an let the kids know which one is which. We don't use the skin covers for the remotes since we have the wrist strap and the grips on these covers. they will charge with the wrist straps on. The unit has blue lights when charging and they turn green when they are full charged. Just pick up and go. Great, and the price is right.
on August 5, 2009
It is a nice charger, and I think it is designed pretty good. There are a couple of minor issues though...

The fact that my remotes have the strap attached to them, doesn't allow the remote to sit in the charger really good, plus they come out the front of the charger, which makes it look a little sloppy.
The battery cover of the controllers is replaced with the ones in the kit. The cover is a little big for the Wii wheel, and doesn't allow it to sit in the Wii Wheel flat.

Other than that it is pretty good.
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2009
This Wii charger was exactly what I was looking for! I like the ability to charge 4 controllers at the same time and I have had no problems thus far in doing so. It doesn't take up a lot of room and has its own wall plug so I can put it anywhere. The kids especially like the 4 different colored battery covers...it lets them have "customized" controllers and we always know which one is the Number 1 controller. This is a very nice charger and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for style and convenience.
on August 24, 2009
This charge station allows four wii remotes to be charged simultaneously. It does not take very long to charge the batteries back up to full and it's great knowing that you can leave the wrist straps on and it will still charge. The one downside to that is that the wrist straps do get in the way sometimes. It's not anything major, but you might have to fiddle around a little to find the best angle for it.

While charging the remotes, the light will be blue, but when the remotes are fully charged their corresponding light will be green. I have had a Wii remote last at least 8 hours before needing to be recharged, but I never wait for the battery to die before charging. So their lifespans are pretty decent.

If you're looking for a quad station, I would say this is one of the best ones to choose.

UPDATE:
2.5 years later - two of the rechargeable battery packs stopped working for the controllers that were used the most. The other two battery packs work fine. So you might have to look into replacing them every 2-3 years if you use them frequently.

Charge Station still works but like any rechargeable batteries, over time they eventually lose their charge.
on September 23, 2009
I've had the quad charge station for a couple of months now and it's been great. I really like the rubber backing on the battery backs, particularly that they are different colors so it's easy to identify which remote is which without having skins on. The remotes fit into the wheels for Mario Kart, and I haven't had any problems with them running out of juice while playing (we don't usually play for more than a couple of hours at a time though). You just have to make sure the light comes on when you set it in the cradle, sometimes it doesn't sit quite right and needs to be moved a bit to get the contacts to connect, but it only takes a sec if needed.
on March 13, 2009
This product does charge 4 controllers at one time. The issues I have seen are that it is a little difficult to get it charging with the strap installed and it does not work at all with a protective cover installed. This in itself is ok if you don't need the cover but if you have a lot of kids using the controllers, the protective skins are almost necessary. Also have had an issue where it shows the blue light that it is charging and changes to green that it is totally charged and it was not charged at all. This has only happened once, but thought it needed to be mentioned. I have the 2 station charger and never had that issue with it.
on February 27, 2009
Bought this product for our 3 remotes, good product fairly simple to use my 2 boys ages 10 and 4 can put the remotes on with out to much trouble. I do have to agree with the issue about the wrist strap and also mention that if you have a plastic cover to reduce the dirt collection etc. then you may have to remove that to get it to sit right. But all in all seems to be holding up well.
on September 6, 2010
We have had this charger for about three months and it worked fine as long as the silicone covers and straps were off. Then some of the units weren't charging like they should; I thought at first that the contacts were dirty from our sweaty hands so we cleaned them and it worked for a while except for the second slot. So after another week or two they quit charging again. I again cleaned the contacts but this wasn't helpful this time. I checked to make sure that they were indeed making contact and they were and they would only sometimes charge and sometimes not. checked the wiring and everything. I am going to buy a new charger but not this kind again.

See 1 answered question