4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a great charging station
Published on July 19, 2012 by Dawn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
In general the product does what it is intended to do: charge Wii controllers. I do have 2 issues with the product of which one I should have realized and the other is flaw in the product.

Published on January 27, 2012 by V. Neyman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a great charging station, July 19, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)
Before this charging station we had one of those flat quad ones. That one worked really well, until one day it just stopped working. With 4 boys who are all addicted to playing the Wii, buying batteries for Wii remotes was crazy expensive. I saw this charger and thought I would give it a shot; good reviews & inexpensive. Well, this charger has worked fabulous for us. Wii remotes charge great and work every time. However, it has one drawback. Sitting like it is, I could not get the remotes to get contact very well. They either just wouldn't or the slightest bump would not them off. So, you know those pads you stick to the bottom of chairs so they don't scratch your floor? I stuck a couple of those to the bottom to tilt the charger back a bit and now, it works really well. No problems getting a connection to the charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, September 24, 2011
emler (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This product is presumably exactly like the Nyko Quad Charger in white:
Wii Charge Station Quad

One difference is that unlike the white set, the new battery backs used with the charger are all black rather than in different colors. This wasn't important to us since we usually have the sleeves on the controllers anyway, but some people seem to really like that feature.

The dock does what it's supposed to well. You cannot charge the Wiimotes with a Wii Motion Plus attached, but the two controllers we use the most often have the Motion Plus built in so this isn't an issue. Like most chargers (other than the flat panel charger), you must remove the sleeve in order to charge but that's usually the case with these kind of chargers and not too much of a pain as the batteries stay charged for a pretty long time. The batteries also charge quickly; I've never timed it but it's only a couple of hours and they are ready to go (it's easy to tell because the lights at the bottom of the dock turn from blue to green).

Overall, exactly what we were expecting. Does a good job for a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)
After looking around for the cheapest quad charging station, I immediately saw that there were problems with many of them. I decided to spend a little more on this one because it was rated more highly than the others and I am not disappointed. The charge on the battery packs is quite long and they charge quickly (about an hour or so). The most important thing is that it plugs into the wall (a lot of others charge through USB, so they take a lot longer to charge, plus you have to leave the Wii on while charging -stupid, in my opinion). I also had no problem "balancing" the controller in the slots like others have complained and I have original wWii remotes. Spend the extra ten bucks or so and get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been using this for 4 years- this will save you a fortune!, December 13, 2013
***The Wii remotes with the Motion Plus built in, WILL fit this charger***
***This charger plugs into a standard outlet- NOT into the Wii unit***
***You keep your remotes on the charger, when not in use***
I bought this charger when I bought my Wii system, in 2009- and just now had to replace it (2013). It's an excellent value, and the battery life is awesome. We've never had to stop gaming due to dead batteries, and the battery packs lasted forever. My kids would forget to put the remotes back on the base quite often- they still held a good charge. We never had any 'memory' issues with the battery packs. Four battery packs come in this kit.

My sister bought a charger (made by Eveready) and it's awful- the Wii unit has to be on to charge the remotes, and they will only 'play' for about 45 minutes per charge. I was so impressed by my Nyko charger, I made sure to get the exact same one again. I was hesitant to buy it at first, since I didn't know anything about Nyko, as a company; I'm glad I took a chance on it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, January 27, 2012
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)

-Controllers cannot be charged with the protective sleeve. Small kids (<8 years old) have a hard time removing and putting on the sleeves themselves so they are not able to place the controllers on the charges without an adult's assistance.
-The 3rd charger from the left does not work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nyko charge station Quad quirks, July 14, 2012
HGriffin "HGriff" (NJ just outside NYC United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)
So we've had this for over a year now, and the only issue is that it is kind of difficult to set the wii remote in the "just right" position so that they begin charging. The contacts on the station seem to "push" the remote so it doesn't have a nice lock when you set them. I don't know if the contacts are dirty (I've cleaned them)... or there's a trick to sitting them on the station. Still I like it, especially the blue LED's that turn green when they are fully charged. We have a mix of 3 Nyko remotes and 1 Wii remote. The Wii remote seems to hold the charge longer or somehow not use as much power as the Nyko's. I mention this because all the remotes have the Nyko battery pack that came with the station. Still, it works fine and I do recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, October 2, 2011
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)
The 4 way wii remote controller recharger is awesome. I play the wii, then set the controller on the unit and it charges very quickly. And with the ability of charging 4 at a time is a real plus. These batteries play forever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Balancing Act, December 31, 2011
Jeanine Earley (Westerville, OH United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)
It takes at least 5 minutes to complete the balancing act necessary to get them to charge correctly. I have actual Wii remotes, not Nyko remotes, so maybe it works better with their own remotes. However, I tried moving the cord every which way in order for them to make contact with the charging station. I can eventually get them to work, but heaven forbid if you bump one of the others...then you have to start all over trying to get them to all sit in precisely the right place.

1.0 out of 5 stars hard to charge: and charging is the point, October 23, 2013
Paul (Syracuse, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)
We constantly find it very hard to charge our four units in this expensive charging station. When we place the controllers on the unit, seldom does the light change to charging without us pushing hard. Once we stop pushing, this light comes off, and no charge is given.

Please comment on this comment if you have any idea how to fix this. In the meantime shoppers, move on and find a different unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to get the remotes to stay in, October 3, 2013
This review is from: Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black) (Accessory)
Does not work - hard to get the remotes to stay in place long enough to charge. You have to "wiggle" them to get it to start charging and if you make one little move it stops. Too much work for something that should make life easier.

Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii (Black)
$34.99 $33.99