5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent.
I didn't buy this off Amazon but it is so great I had to review it for others here. This fan is literally every last word it claims to be. It is fully automatic, and will even turn on and off by itself when the system is OFF if it's still too hot. It has a very powerful fan, and moves heat consistently and efficiently. I would recommend this to anyone.

I...
Published on April 2, 2011 by R Hamilton

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but failed miserably!
Published on February 24, 2012 by comptech

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., April 2, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

I have had mine for almost 5 months and haven't had to touch it once since I installed it. It does the job, and it does it very, very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Xbox Intercooler STS, April 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
To start I didn't think that this item would be worth it, that is until I received it and put into action. Placing the STS on the Xbox was a "Snap" and it cleans up real nice. Not to mention it is very quiet. You don't hear it running during gaming mode. It does just like it says it does, works when it registers the temp. going up and stays working even after the Xbox is shut down allowing the system to cool down. This Intercooler STS is well worth the price and Im sure with it keeping my Xbox at a normal temperature will add longevity to my gaming experience. I have recommended this Intercooler to all of my gamer enthusiasts. Thanks for everything.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE NEED TO READ is HERE, February 2, 2013
Ive owned quite a few consoles over the last decade and a half. Im telling you flat out that the best thing to do is buy one of these for your Xbox 360 slim. With a few other reasons of course.

The system generates enough heat that over time will cook itself. "If" you want to increase the lifespan of your Xbox 360 S console buy this fan for the following reasons.

- It fits snug on the side of the console and neatly plugs into the back USB port, powered by the console itself.

- The amount of heat it removes from the console is substantial enough that it dried my hands in 2 minutes after washing them. Thats an example of how much heat it pulls out of the console itself.

- It runs quietly enough.

OTHER TIPS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER

- DONT stand your xbox up on its end. Lay it on its side. Statistics show scratch rings occur when using your console when its standing. The game disc then becomes unreadable, and uninstallable. It also makes the game "untradeworthy" when you stand your console on its side because of these pictures like the one showing this product. People think youre supposed to stand the console upright and thats ok. Its not. Another reason is heat RISES. So to get the most heat out of your console, lay it down. In the picture the fan is at the lowest point, heat is at the highest. Despite any vent at the top the fan is more useful when the xbox is laying down.

- Install your games onto your hard drive (or USB/Memory device). When going to the xbox dashboard, and pressing "X" from the controller you can select "play" on the dashboard which confirms the console starting the game for you... but running it from its storage device WITHOUT spinning the disc after confirming its authenticity. That way youre not playing from a spinning disc which constantly wears down the engine, this will generate LESS heat, AND increases load up times and decreases lag in your games by running the game from data not from the disc but from the installed data from the game itself.

The only reason i didnt give this 5 stars is because the exact same product which i owned before purchasing another one stopped working after 3 months. The fan engine died. Hopefully this one lasts longer.

Happy gaming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Solution for small spaces, April 1, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The product runs after the unit is powered off (good) and turns off automatically. It directs the air out and away from other components.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nyko Intercooler STS, October 25, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've seen alot of reviews saying this cooler is to loud and maybe they've gotten a faulty one Just let me say this I cant even hear this thing when it's at full blast I never realized how hot the xbox 360 really got until I installed this cooler also My 360 is all black without the chrome looking ends and the picture of this cooler shows it has the chrome look aswell however it was all black which is fine with me kinda makes the xbox look stealthy if you have an 360 S just buy this you wont be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars This actually works! But not mandatory, August 6, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was a little skeptical at first but I went ahead and gave it a try. My Xbox 360 slim has already been opened so this was a great opportunity to install a tempurature gauge inside the console. With out the intercooler I was getting temps around 45C (original xbox 360 temp is 55C) during a race in Forza 3. Not bad but I was more concerned with the rise in tempurature when the system is shut off. After 3 minutes of shut down the temp rose to 52C! Which is normal since the system is still hot and the fan is no longer running. Similar to a car with an electric fan. But a car will kick on the fan periodically to cool down the car after its shut off. The xbox doesn't. Here is when the Nyko Intercooler comes in. With the intercooler installed I get temps between 33C and 37C during a race! Also the fan will continue to run after the system is shut down to cool off the system in relation to the temp rise after shut down.

In conclusion this device is not mandatory but it does give you a an extra piece of mind. And it does EXACTLY what it is supposed to do. This is also perfect for people who have their system in tight spaces like entertainment center or next to a cable box. Hot air is diverted to the front of the console and not the top or sides where heat is traped. As for as noise. It will make your xbox about 7-10 db louder but it is still quieter than an elite IMO.
ADD ME gamertag: ROMEO513

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but failed miserably!, February 24, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased & received from Amazon who were great to deal with. Installation was easy and looked great on Xbox. 12 days after installation unit failed and Xbox began to overheat. I could not return because I scrapped the boxes. I disassembled the STS to diagnose the problem. I found careless assembly of the delicate wiring created an intermittent shorting of the thermal sensor, causing the motor to burn out. If this should happen, you run a great risk of overheat damage to your Xbox because the dead STS unit blocks the airflow. Beautiful design, but keep checking
that it is functioning. Once intalled, reliability is critical. I sent an Email to Nyko, but no reply as yet. I do not fault Amazon for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stats Don't Lie, November 30, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have an RGH Xbox 360. For those of you that don't know what that means, it is basically a modified Xbox. The system tells me what temperatures I am at on my CPU, GPU, Memory, and Case. Just for sh!ts and giggles I checked to see what exact effect it had on my xbox before and after putting it on. After using the xbox for about 2 hours the CPU's temperature was at 177.3 F. Within 10 minutes of putting this fan back on it dropped to 153.4 F. Everything else dropped proportionately as well. I actually just purchased a second one, one for my modded xbox and one for my xbox live xbox.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works good when it works, November 25, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
As other people said, it works well when the fan is actually working, my managed to stop working and a screw fell out. I just took it apart and I'm going to try to make it work somehow. You have to be careful and make sure it is working when you have it on top of your xbox because is not, it will just clog the top vent. I've had mine for about 2-3 months now and it stopped about a week ago. I won't be buying another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved the day!, November 4, 2013
This saved the day! Whenever I would play skyrim my 360 would freeze. Since installing I have had no issues while playing video games. Definitely makes a difference. I would also bet it will save you money in the long run by making your 360 last longer!!!!

This makes a difference even though my 360 is not in a well ventilated area. It is in a media center cabinet and still gets hot just not as hot as it was thankfully.

Nyko Intercooler STS - Xbox 360