5.0 out of 5 stars Literally Just What I Asked For
Published on October 15, 2011 by arieliondotcom

3.0 out of 5 stars Something for the super chewy dog
I have purchased many nylabones and have had success with dogs that love to chew toys.

Published on December 7, 2011 by Barbi

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally Just What I Asked For, October 15, 2011
arieliondotcom (http://www.arielion.com) - See all my reviews
I should have named my Yellow Lab Thief because he seeks only to kill and destroy. (Gospel of John 10:10). He ate the outlets off the back of my house. He ate part of my car...You get the idea. The only toys he can play with are the solid Nylabone (no rubber , no matter how hard). He even breaks through bones and figured out how to chew the top off a Kong to get the treat inside. But he loves hidden treats. So I begged Nylabone to make a hollow Nylabone and sure enough they did. My Lab absolutely LOVES it. He carries it around and the only thing that comes close is his Frisbee. Can't recommend this enough. There are plenty of teeth marks on the trunk but it's still great and keeps him busy trying to get treats out of the "log." I even tweeted Nylabone a photo. This is literally just what I asked for? You'll love how your furry friend will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The new favorite, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Wolf Bacon Flavored Hollow Stick Bone Dog Chew Toy (Misc.)
We have two dogs and probably ten Nylabones laying around the house. This is the one they now fight over. Not really, but if one lays it down the other one is going to pick it up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Something for the super chewy dog, December 7, 2011

I got a new dog who doesn't like chew toys but does like food, a lot. And at the same time, if he does chew something he could easily destroy it. I thought that if I put peanut butter or something like that in this hollow part of the dura chew he'd enjoy working at getting the food and not destroy the nylabone in the process. In addition it has 'branches' for him to help hold the chew bone in place.

It didn't work out the way I expected. It's too heavy for him to want to carry around and he can't get his tongue very far in the hole so he gets frustrated. I'd almost say it's a little too indestructable. Once he gets the food that is accessable to him out he puts it aside.

It's a good toy for dogs that like nylabones. The hollowed out part didn't work like I thought it would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea for Solid Chewer, January 19, 2012
We bought this item for our dog (a pit/lab mix) as a christmas gift. Straight out of the box, he loved it. Its been almost a month and the toy is still going strong, which is saying something because our dog really loves to chew. Be warned, though, it does smell strongly of bacon scent so if you are scent sensitive, you might be turned off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Health Hazzard, October 6, 2013
A Grateful Heart (St. Clair, Michigan) - See all my reviews
When I received this toy on October 3rd, I thought how great it was. My 30# Puggle loved it, and it seemed durable. The first red piece was chewed off on the 5th, followed by the white knobby piece on the 6th. IF I give the toy back to her, it will be under strict supervision. Any more chewed off parts and it goes in the trash. I have a picture of it, but not a video, so I can't seem to download the picture.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for powerful chewers!, June 24, 2012
I have a two year old German Shorthaired Pointer who is a very powerful chewer. Nylabone is her toy of choice so I ordered this one after having previous success with other Nylabones. This toy lasted all of 4 days! The ends are made of the usual durable Nylabone material, but the center is not. The material in the center is MUCH weaker. My dog found this out and was able to chew right through the center. What a waste of money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Loose pieces!, January 6, 2012
I love Nylabone products, but I don't like this one! My dog loves to chew, and Nylabone makes great products. This is the worst one. After chewing on this bone for a while, the little red "plugs" or pieces come out. This posses either a potential choking hazard, or a possible obstruction for a dog. I will continue to buy Nylabone products, but this one is dangerous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for powerful chewers, January 25, 2012
Dee "Dee" (Franklin, TN, US) - See all my reviews
I ordered these for my two Boston terriers, both of whom chew and tearup most soft toys. Now I only get them powerful chewing toys, but the chew product must have a flavor or they lose interest fast. These are bacon flavor which they like. The dogs have not lost interest, but I have to get them out of the toy bin, so they remember them

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a stick..., November 1, 2012
Well what can you say about a little dog toy in the shape of a stick. This one is about 6" long. Its brown. Looks exactly like the one in the picture. Do you have a dog? Yes? Then your dog will like this. Why? Because its a dog and dogs like sticks. Especially sticks you can cram food inside of. Have at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dashchunds Like It, February 10, 2013
This was one of a pile of toys at Christmas and this one was basically ignored. We didn't know if they would ever chew it but it was fun being "stick" shaped. Thought we would get some of that squirt in treat for the hollow ends, but didn't get around to it.... and lo & behold - they started chewing on it! Now just about every day for at least a little while the Nylabone DuraChew Stick gets chewed on - and out 2 dashchunds will fight over who gets it.

GOOD - we are happy that the dogs enjoy chewing on this - it takes care of that gnawing need that they have.

BAD - as it get gnawed, it gets rough edges - the dogs love it, but it is rough so be careful of furniture, blankets, etc that might get snagged or scratched - not a problem if using outside. It leaves little "shavings" behind too so those have to be vacuumed up.... unless your dog eats them.....

I can tell that we will be replacing this eventually and I'm glad that we have it for them -- they really like it after all! Just had to be patient and give them time to try it out. If I can figure out how to add a photo.......