5.0 out of 5 stars The. Best. Bar. None.
Published on August 18, 2010 by Dianamo

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution with larger dogs
Published on February 29, 2012 by Ex-Spook

5.0 out of 5 stars The. Best. Bar. None., August 18, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
My two Labs have devoured in minutes just about every "indestructible" dog chew on the market. I really thought that nothing could stand up to their grinders, until I discovered Big Chews. If you've tried other Nylabone products without long-term success, don't worry. My dogs can easily make a meal of those, but not of Big Chews. They last for months and months. In fact, I'm just about to buy a couple, and that's the first time in at least a year.

If you think there is nothing your chewsy pup can't destroy in weeks, days, or even hours, try a Big Chew. They're expensive, but not in the long run.

There are a couple of different shapes, but I've only ever used (well, not me personally) the Beef Bone. (Despite the name, it doesn't have a smell or leave any kind of residue on the carpet.) The Dino Bone doesn't look like it's made of the same material, and the Turkey Leg has a skinny end that I think will get chewed down to a spike.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BONE EVER!, September 10, 2009
J.J. (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
We have a large (100lb) yellow lab who constantly chews bones. We have bought several nylabones in the past that have met their demise literally a week later. However, this line of bones is incredible - it actually takes him several months to even wear down an edge of this bone, much less the entire bone. Worth the money, I can't recommend this enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever for big dogs, January 23, 2009
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
I have two am. staff. terrier mixes and they are very "aggressive" chewers. They tear up almost anything I get them in a matter of seconds, but it takes them each about a year to get through these things. I get them new ones every Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars The toughest toys we've ever bought!, August 10, 2008
We've tried just about every heavy-duty chew toy out there with our two dogs, one a Labrador and the other a Lab mix. Nothing lasts more than a few days, and many are shredded within hours. The manufacturers all claim these toys are "extra tough" and even "indestructible". One had a lifetime guarantee, which we had to take the makers up on as their product was seriously compromised after the first couple of gnawing sessions.

I was hesitant to buy Nylabone Big Chews Beef Bones because of my previous disappointments, and because they seemed pretty pricey. And we'd tried another Nylabone product which my dogs basically ate. But we were desperate. It seemed that nothing less than steel pipes would stand up to our dogs' teeth. But we were amazed. These chews have gotten gradually smaller, but it's been well over a year and there's plenty of 'em left.

We're crossing fingers and paws that Nylabone keeps making the Big Chews, without any changes to the current formula, because I don't see a real alternative out there. When our dogs were younger, with less powerful jaws, they could still demolish most tough toys, even the black Kongs. The most durable toy at that time was the black rubber Buddy's Diamond Ring. I don't recall who made it, but it was terrific, and lasted for months. Then Sergeant's took it over. The rings looked the same as always, but that was where the similarity ended. They didn't last a day.

In case you're wondering, these "beef" bones are just shaped that way, they're not actual bones. Just nylon and natural flavor, which is odorless to me, but irresistible to my dogs. If you're as desperate as we were to find an industrial-strength chew toy to challenge those monster maws, this is it. And believe me, they're well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dog chew bone on the market., January 9, 2007
I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback and a Siberian Husky and they can both chew through a toy in no time at all. These Nylabone Turkey Leg chew bones last forever. My dogs chew on them for hours on end and they still last. They are the best value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still going!, November 6, 2008
We have a 90 pound male boxer/lab named Brody. NOTHING lasts when it comes to chew toys. Brody chews his toys as though his life depends on it. I make it a point to keep plenty of options for him to chew but he tears through them all. This Nylabone Big Chew is still going strong, however. He has been going at it for about 2 months now and is making progress but it is certainly lasting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution with larger dogs, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
Our 1 year old APBT loves this thing, he truly does and we also got the lower level black rubber version which he has damn near destroyed completely after a few months. But this Nylabone does pose a threat because they can actually chew off little jagged sections of the Nylon/plastic material and then swallow it. Now anyone who gives dogs a bone, they want to knaw and eat it, it's just natural.

Imagine swallowing something like that.....they sit and hack and yack their brains out trying to get it down their throat or out. After the 4th time I ended up just throwing the bone out. Got sick of watching my male hacking his brains out trying to clear the piece.

So even though it's really nearly indestructible, it's also not very safe for very large powerful dogs. I've had dogs for over 30 years and it's nearly impossible to find something that's totally safe and indestructible for powerful large dogs. I guess we'll have to keep searching.

1.0 out of 5 stars dangerous for power chewers, April 19, 2013
I do not recommend thos for large dogs that are power chewers. This product can break teeth and leave you with a very expensive vet bill. This happened to my dog, and I had a $1000 vet bill. We had to go to a specialist to have the tooth taken care of.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine print, not for any dog with permanent regardless of age, November 5, 2012
Don Mize (Crockett, TX 75835) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
My new basset hound (a rescue) is extremely active, so thought maybe a bone would give him a way to expend energy. Read reviews, five stars, I guess.

When the bone arrived, read the small insert about the products of the company. Indicated that the bone was not for any dog with permanent teeth. Felt cheated. Reviewed the product information. In some one star reviews problems referred to.

No problem, since my basset sniffed it once and would have nothing to do with it.

Feel it is almost false advertising to not include the "no dog with permanent teeth" in product reviews. From the way I read reviews, many happy people were giving the bone to fully grown dogs.

All I know is what the included product information says, but, as I say, to omit that from the product information is almost false advertising in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me tell you WHY this is a good choice, December 22, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
This nylabone is (roughly) equal length to the other large nylabones out there. If you've gone through a few nylabones you've probably thrown them out when your dog got them down to the center and part of one end. So is this one any better? It is! The ends on this bone are big. Ridiculously big. If your dog chews through a normal "large" (long) nylabone in a week, it will take your dog 4 weeks to make it through the ends on this one. Sure it costs twice as much, but it lasts four times as long, and if you don't want Fido chewing on your shoes and you're trying to keep appropriate chew toys available at all times this is not only less hassle as a caretaker but it is double the value.

Bottom line: Dogs need new nylabones when they chew through the ENDS of the bones, and this one has *huge* ends so it will last a VERY long time. Hope this helps!

Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone,