5.0 out of 5 stars The. Best. Bar. None.
Published on August 18, 2010 by Dianamo

2.0 out of 5 stars Dog doesn't like it!
I read the reviews on this product and figured I would spend the money (even though I thought it was too pricey for a chew toy)... But, if the dog loved it, and it lasted as long as the reviews claimed, it would be well worth it.
Published on June 4, 2010 by K. Torres

5.0 out of 5 stars The. Best. Bar. None., August 18, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
My two Labs have devoured in minutes just about every "indestructible" dog chew on the market. I really thought that nothing could stand up to their grinders, until I discovered Big Chews. If you've tried other Nylabone products without long-term success, don't worry. My dogs can easily make a meal of those, but not of Big Chews. They last for months and months. In fact, I'm just about to buy a couple, and that's the first time in at least a year.

If you think there is nothing your chewsy pup can't destroy in weeks, days, or even hours, try a Big Chew. They're expensive, but not in the long run.

There are a couple of different shapes, but I've only ever used (well, not me personally) the Beef Bone. (Despite the name, it doesn't have a smell or leave any kind of residue on the carpet.) The Dino Bone doesn't look like it's made of the same material, and the Turkey Leg has a skinny end that I think will get chewed down to a spike.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BONE EVER!, September 10, 2009
J.J. (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
We have a large (100lb) yellow lab who constantly chews bones. We have bought several nylabones in the past that have met their demise literally a week later. However, this line of bones is incredible - it actually takes him several months to even wear down an edge of this bone, much less the entire bone. Worth the money, I can't recommend this enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever for big dogs, January 23, 2009
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
I have two am. staff. terrier mixes and they are very "aggressive" chewers. They tear up almost anything I get them in a matter of seconds, but it takes them each about a year to get through these things. I get them new ones every Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dog chew bone on the market., January 9, 2007
I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback and a Siberian Husky and they can both chew through a toy in no time at all. These Nylabone Turkey Leg chew bones last forever. My dogs chew on them for hours on end and they still last. They are the best value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The toughest toys we've ever bought!, August 10, 2008
We've tried just about every heavy-duty chew toy out there with our two dogs, one a Labrador and the other a Lab mix. Nothing lasts more than a few days, and many are shredded within hours. The manufacturers all claim these toys are "extra tough" and even "indestructible". One had a lifetime guarantee, which we had to take the makers up on as their product was seriously compromised after the first couple of gnawing sessions.

I was hesitant to buy Nylabone Big Chews Beef Bones because of my previous disappointments, and because they seemed pretty pricey. And we'd tried another Nylabone product which my dogs basically ate. But we were desperate. It seemed that nothing less than steel pipes would stand up to our dogs' teeth. But we were amazed. These chews have gotten gradually smaller, but it's been well over a year and there's plenty of 'em left.

We're crossing fingers and paws that Nylabone keeps making the Big Chews, without any changes to the current formula, because I don't see a real alternative out there. When our dogs were younger, with less powerful jaws, they could still demolish most tough toys, even the black Kongs. The most durable toy at that time was the black rubber Buddy's Diamond Ring. I don't recall who made it, but it was terrific, and lasted for months. Then Sergeant's took it over. The rings looked the same as always, but that was where the similarity ended. They didn't last a day.

In case you're wondering, these "beef" bones are just shaped that way, they're not actual bones. Just nylon and natural flavor, which is odorless to me, but irresistible to my dogs. If you're as desperate as we were to find an industrial-strength chew toy to challenge those monster maws, this is it. And believe me, they're well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me tell you WHY this is a good choice, December 22, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Big Chews for Big Dogs, Beef Bone, (Misc.)
This nylabone is (roughly) equal length to the other large nylabones out there. If you've gone through a few nylabones you've probably thrown them out when your dog got them down to the center and part of one end. So is this one any better? It is! The ends on this bone are big. Ridiculously big. If your dog chews through a normal "large" (long) nylabone in a week, it will take your dog 4 weeks to make it through the ends on this one. Sure it costs twice as much, but it lasts four times as long, and if you don't want Fido chewing on your shoes and you're trying to keep appropriate chew toys available at all times this is not only less hassle as a caretaker but it is double the value.

Bottom line: Dogs need new nylabones when they chew through the ENDS of the bones, and this one has *huge* ends so it will last a VERY long time. Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars Still going!, November 6, 2008
We have a 90 pound male boxer/lab named Brody. NOTHING lasts when it comes to chew toys. Brody chews his toys as though his life depends on it. I make it a point to keep plenty of options for him to chew but he tears through them all. This Nylabone Big Chew is still going strong, however. He has been going at it for about 2 months now and is making progress but it is certainly lasting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dog doesn't like it!, June 4, 2010
The nylabone arrived... I gave it to my dog... and she was not interested. AT ALL. She is a doberman, and a big chewer. She loves all types of rawhides and bones, she will gnaw on them all day until there is only a slobbery stub remaining. Maybe this was too expensive for her tastes...? I thought maybe if I gave it some time, she would decide she really DOES like the nylabone, and all would be right with the world... After about a week and a half of trying to get her to see things my way, we have decided that no, she really does not like it at all...
Before you spend all the money on this bone, you might want to start with a smaller nylabone product to see if your dog will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Lab!, September 20, 2008
My 70 lb. Labrador absolutely loves this chew, and so far it has held up to several heavy chewing sessions. She hasn't been able to break off any large chunks, and it was a challenge finding a product she couldn't ruin. All dogs are different and all dogs have different chewing needs, but for the occasional chewer, this product is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for strong chewers. Long lasting chews., December 11, 2007
My dogs destroy toys and chews in minutes. Nylabone chews last forever. They also seem to be safer, as my dogs have yet to break off pieces they could choke on. They just wear down gradually. I have used these for three years now and they can't be beat. I can't always find them in pet stores, so Amazon is a good source for them.

ARRAY(0x94825e64)