5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Down, Best Dog Bone
I've had small, medium and large dogs. This is the very best bone ever. Our current dog, who weighs in at 45 lbs. is a very strong chewer. She LOVES to chew this thing, it doesn't have any odor, doesn't disintegrate into a mess, and the last one lasted for 5 months...yes really. Rather amazing. What more can I say?
Published on September 26, 2009 by Home Away From Home

2.0 out of 5 stars the ends are not solid
My 70lb yellow lab is a power chewer, and seems to think her mission in chewing is to pick things apart (like meat off a bone). I've been really pleased with almost all of the Nylabone products that we've given her, and my only reservation with this bone was that she might go on a search and destroy mission on the green part.

But what happened instead was that...
Published on September 17, 2010 by Jessica

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Down, Best Dog Bone, September 26, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars the ends are not solid, September 17, 2010
Jessica (NH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)

But what happened instead was that she picked apart the end pieces, getting "too large to ingest" chunks off, and revealed the hollow center. I was disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasts forever, December 13, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
We have a 28-pound border collie mix that loves to chew her toys apart or steal other dog's bones. I was excited to find this very thick and solid bone for her to chew on that would also clean her teeth. I can't say I have noticed any benefits about her teeth seeming cleaner but here are my pros and cons list:

PROS:
-Very thick and solid
-Lasts a long time-we've had it for a few months now with no end in sight. I'm sure some dogs will chew it faster than ours
-Our dog still chews on it from time to time, hasn't gotten "old"

CONS:
-Once the ends start to get chewed on, they become rough and jagged and love to collect floor debris. The ends have picked up carpet pieces, dog hair chunks and any other lint ball type object on the floor and have become downright disgusting. I hate touching the bone and watching my dog chew on it is kind of disgusting too
-Because of how heavy it is, if you stub your toe on it or trip over it in the night, you will utter words you hope your neighbors don't hear. You would be surprised how easily it is to trip over (I consider myself careful and neat). Anything that might hinder your view--laundry basket, plate, darkness--can cause you to either run into or step directly on that bone. And it is not a massage, it feels like a jagged rock.
-I spent a lot of money (it costs more in stores) on it and figured it would be a great toy that would last awhile but would eventually get eaten. It has only been about 80% eaten and I want to throw it away. Yes it has lasted a long time, but to see most of it remain intact I feel guilty throwing it away even though I really want to.
-Because of the density, it is somewhat heavy. Our dog will pick it up and carry it briefly before letting it drop on the floor with a heavy thud. We have wood floors and I worry about the neighbors below us (apartment living) and damage to the floor.

I'm middle of the road on this product. I don't strongly recommend or strongly suggest avoiding it. I most likely wouldn't spend the money on this one again but find something a little more suitable to our dog.

It is probably better for bigger breads because of how dense it is. If you have a small dog, this bone will be somewhat overwhelming to finish.

2.0 out of 5 stars one day later the rubber center is in bits all over my living room floor, May 24, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
I had such high hopes for this bone! I own a staffordshire bull terrier who is a powerful and voracious chewer. The plastic ends of the bone would be perfect for her, but they put this rubber layer in the middle (the green part) and she has torn it to shreds. I gave it to her last night and this morning I have little green rubber bits all over my floor and she ingested a fair amount of it (says it's non-toxic and hasn't seemed to bother her). In any case, if your dog likes to shred rubber this is not a good option!

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, Heavy, DURABLE!, March 21, 2012
molu (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
This bone is probably too big and heavy for my medium size cocker spaniel. But I bought it anyway, because he was able to demolish the Nylabones that were labeled "for medium dogs".

He can still pick this one up and carry it around, but he cannot fit an entire end into his mouth. Still, he loves it--he's greedy and relishes the fact that he has such a big bone all for himself. He even sleeps with it!

I like it because of the fact that it doesn't completely fit into his mouth. Due to this, the bone has lasted much longer than all the other Nylabones I bought him in the past. And because he can't shred this one, I don't find sharp bit of Nylabone fragments everywhere and it doesn't make his gums bleed either.

I happy I found this and will continue buying oversized Nylabone toys for my dog!

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves it, and it lasts longer than most toys, February 20, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
This is the only toy my dog cannot completely destroy in 24 hours. It takes about a month of regular chewing before he needs a new one. Some of the other reviews mentioned that the green center is not sturdy...amazingly enough my little monster is not interested in the green center. The packaging says the green part is mint flavored, and the ends are bacon flavored, so I'm guessing many dogs will choose the bacon and ignore the flimsier green center. Overall, a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Two Boxer Mixes Love 'Em!, March 29, 2010
Tom Tracy (Northern GA, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
I have three dogs, only two of which like chew bones. And those two LOVE these Nylabone "Double Action" chew bones. In fact, they are on their third pair (one for each to avoid conflicts). While they are no "wolves", they are good sized boxer mixes (each around 50 lbs) & extremely hard chewers. And these bones last for months and months of heavy use. Eventually, they will wear through on one end or the other of the bones (the "knobs" on the end are very thick, but not completely solid), and I throw them away & buy two more. They never seem to tire of them!

4.0 out of 5 stars My dogs love it!, November 18, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
I have 3 large Pitbulls who love to chew, and this bone is by far the best one I have found. The green center does come off, but the center of that is not hollow. This bone lasts about 3 months when all 3 have a go at it. I do recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours & Hours of Entertainment!!!, November 4, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
My dog is a powerful chewer & has always ruined any toy I have given him within the hour. The Nylabone has lasted since August and still has plenty of life left in it! He has come no where near to destroying this durable toy. He loves his "nyla" and chews on it every single day. This toy is a must for any dog owner who is tired of spending their hard-earned money on dog toys only to have them chewed apart in no time!

5.0 out of 5 stars It seems like it gonna last a while!, October 19, 2010
N. Mohta (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf (Misc.)
My 45lb lab who is now 6 months old is unable to shatter this into pieces, which is a good thing. The bad thing however, is that he is smart enough to not choose this bone first out of his toy box, especially when there are other (cheaper) vinyl toys available for him to destroy! Also, this is quite heavy so be wary if your dog wants to lug it around and drops it on the hardwood floors. Mine does, so I try to keep him on the carpet while he chews on it. Good buy overall, I hope it lasts at least 4 months.

Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf