5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Down, Best Dog Bone
I've had small, medium and large dogs. This is the very best bone ever. Our current dog, who weighs in at 45 lbs. is a very strong chewer. She LOVES to chew this thing, it doesn't have any odor, doesn't disintegrate into a mess, and the last one lasted for 5 months...yes really. Rather amazing. What more can I say?
Published on September 26, 2009 by Home Away From Home

2.0 out of 5 stars the ends are not solid
My 70lb yellow lab is a power chewer, and seems to think her mission in chewing is to pick things apart (like meat off a bone). I've been really pleased with almost all of the Nylabone products that we've given her, and my only reservation with this bone was that she might go on a search and destroy mission on the green part.

But what happened instead was that...
Published on September 17, 2010 by Jessica

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Down, Best Dog Bone, September 26, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars the ends are not solid, September 17, 2010
Jessica (NH United States) - See all my reviews

But what happened instead was that she picked apart the end pieces, getting "too large to ingest" chunks off, and revealed the hollow center. I was disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Isn't going to last long, March 16, 2012
So after reading all the reviews here we were excited to try another Nylabone for our Rottie who, putting it mildly, is a super aggressive chewer. He either has had or currently owns all of the largest Nylabones the company has to offer and we were happy to see the size of this one compared to his other large bones. Unfortunately the honeymoon didn't last long because within the first few hours of ownership he chewed off 1/4 of the green middle part. He starts with the nubs and gradually works his way onto larger chunks. He is always supervised with new toys and lucky for us he isn't a swallower of large chunks, although I'm sure we will find our fair share of green nubs in the yard tomorrow morning after his usual morning business - a nice little St. Paddy's day treat for us all! Oh yeah, it does smell pretty good overall as the mint hides some of the usual slobber stench so that's a plus as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasts forever, December 13, 2010
We have a 28-pound border collie mix that loves to chew her toys apart or steal other dog's bones. I was excited to find this very thick and solid bone for her to chew on that would also clean her teeth. I can't say I have noticed any benefits about her teeth seeming cleaner but here are my pros and cons list:

PROS:
-Very thick and solid
-Lasts a long time-we've had it for a few months now with no end in sight. I'm sure some dogs will chew it faster than ours
-Our dog still chews on it from time to time, hasn't gotten "old"

CONS:
-Once the ends start to get chewed on, they become rough and jagged and love to collect floor debris. The ends have picked up carpet pieces, dog hair chunks and any other lint ball type object on the floor and have become downright disgusting. I hate touching the bone and watching my dog chew on it is kind of disgusting too
-Because of how heavy it is, if you stub your toe on it or trip over it in the night, you will utter words you hope your neighbors don't hear. You would be surprised how easily it is to trip over (I consider myself careful and neat). Anything that might hinder your view--laundry basket, plate, darkness--can cause you to either run into or step directly on that bone. And it is not a massage, it feels like a jagged rock.
-I spent a lot of money (it costs more in stores) on it and figured it would be a great toy that would last awhile but would eventually get eaten. It has only been about 80% eaten and I want to throw it away. Yes it has lasted a long time, but to see most of it remain intact I feel guilty throwing it away even though I really want to.
-Because of the density, it is somewhat heavy. Our dog will pick it up and carry it briefly before letting it drop on the floor with a heavy thud. We have wood floors and I worry about the neighbors below us (apartment living) and damage to the floor.

I'm middle of the road on this product. I don't strongly recommend or strongly suggest avoiding it. I most likely wouldn't spend the money on this one again but find something a little more suitable to our dog.

It is probably better for bigger breads because of how dense it is. If you have a small dog, this bone will be somewhat overwhelming to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 13-week Standard Poodle pupply LOVES this chew toy, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Nylabone Double Action Round Ball and Bone Dental Chew (Misc.)
Length:: 1:18 Mins

I don't know if its the bacon scented nylabone, or just the two different chewing/teething surfaces, but my 13-week old Standard Poodle puppy loves this.

In the middle is a round rubber ball with nubs and each end is a nylabone. I like that I can stick little small pieces of kibble or treats in the nubs that my puppy loves to get out. And she enjoys teething on both the nylabone ends as well as the softer rubber ball. She'll play with this for long periods of time which relieves me of constant surveillance and apparently gives her much satisfaction.

This is a great toy for a teething puppy and my precious little Lucy will attest to that.

2.0 out of 5 stars one day later the rubber center is in bits all over my living room floor, May 24, 2010
I had such high hopes for this bone! I own a staffordshire bull terrier who is a powerful and voracious chewer. The plastic ends of the bone would be perfect for her, but they put this rubber layer in the middle (the green part) and she has torn it to shreds. I gave it to her last night and this morning I have little green rubber bits all over my floor and she ingested a fair amount of it (says it's non-toxic and hasn't seemed to bother her). In any case, if your dog likes to shred rubber this is not a good option!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chew Toy, December 15, 2011
My dog is not a big chewer but she loves to chew on this. I've purchased 3 of these. One nice thing about these is that if your dog chews down one end you can unscrew the the other end and save it to attach to a new middle part the next time your dog chews up just 1 end.

5.0 out of 5 stars PIT BULL, January 17, 2011
Any toy that a pit bull can't rip to pieces in a few hour is quality. My dog has torn up those "Tough Balls" and the Kong toys easily. Nyalabone is a quality product

3.0 out of 5 stars Large Bone, January 14, 2013
L. Staack (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The Nylabone descriptions in Amazon leave alot to be desired; most don't indicate the size of the bone. I wanted a hybrid hard/soft bone appropriate for my 60lb Golden Retriever. Some of the reviews I read indicated that the nylabone product they received was too small for their dog, so I searched hard for a bone that was large. This bone (model NTG705P) is a little to big and heavy for my dog. She chews on it, but it is difficult for her to pick up, and it drops with a loud crack.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Our Dog's Favourite Toys, January 30, 2012
A very impressive toy. Our dog can chew his way through virtually anything, and is more than happy to have one of these, instead. It lasts forever, it doesn't chip or split, and our vet says that it's a great toy for a dog to exercise his gums and keep his teeth clean. Definitely one of the best buys on the market--it lasts almost a full year before it's just to disgusting to keep. High recommended.

Nylabone Double Action Round Ball and Bone Dental Chew