We Have two Old English Bulldogs and to say they're aggressive chewers is an understatement. These maniacs go through the largest Nylabones and Kongs like a buzz saw through a 2 X 4. We could probably save a fortune by just giving them cinder blocks or small boulders but I feel I would trip over them while walking through the house in the dark.

As for plush...
Published 15 months ago by Peter Suslock

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as durable as they used to be
I find Nylabone products to be a moving target. Some are as hard as rocks which my dogs love and last for months. Others, and I'm not talking about puppy products vs. big dog products, last for anywhere from days to weeks.

Published on April 18, 2011 by aaardvarj

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as durable as they used to be, April 18, 2011
aaardvarj (Ohio United States) - See all my reviews

If you try to make sense out of their website vs. what you can find online or in pet stores it will be challenging to figure out exactly what you are getting. I contacted their customer support and reported that products with the same description performed differently and even varied in color. I threw out the ones that crumbled into big chunks that I was worried could harm my dog's digestive tract. Nylabone would not admit to any changes and said they wanted me to send them samples, which I couldn't do since I threw their products away.

I'm beginning to think they have a premium product line for pet stores and a lesser quality for online retailers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy That Holds Up To Agressive Chewers - Another Hit From Nylabone!, November 20, 2013

As for plush toys those adorable rabbits and bunnies - they look like road kill in a New York Minute. So as for toys we stick the above mentioned Nylabones and Kongs, Jolly teasers Balls and Planet Dog toys by Orbie.

Still, nothing lasts particularly long and the toys are replaced fairly often. This particular toy has been a long time favorite for many years. Our dogs love to focus on trying to untie the knots, the shape lends itself well so two paws can hold one end easily while they chomp and gnaw away in chew crazed heaven.

These bones are also great for them to carry around and play fetch with Plus, the center ridges are great for oral care and the design is a well thought out take on the traditional Nylabone Souper. A time proven classic, that holds up even to the toughest abuse.

5 PAWS UP!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SAFE. Metal shavings and slivers molded into bone, January 21, 2013
I'm not sure if this is some knock off made in China but the bone that I received had large metal shavings molded in the bone. There was a large silver/gray sliver sticking out of the bone where the molding prong was once attached and several metal shavings molded into one entire side of the bone.

I've used Nylabone for years and have never seen anything like this so I'm worried this is some cheap Chinese shipment. Please inspect your bones before giving to your pet!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars dangerous destructable toy, January 3, 2014
My Bischon dog ate chunks of it.. not really a safe toy.. I was warned not to give my dog any plastic bones that they can get chunks from....

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun, December 21, 2013
My 11-pound Maltese loves this bone because of its texture. He goes more for texture of the Nylabone rather than flavor and will normally choose a textured one over the smooth plain Nylabones regardless of the flavor. The Regular size Nylabones last him a whole lot longer than the Petite size ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, January 6, 2014
nomdeplume "nomdeplume" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This chew bone has stood up to two dachshunds using it to floss after meals twice a day. So far not much wear to it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome at keeping chewer busy, but can be dangerous., February 20, 2014
I have a 90lb lab who can chew through anything. This thing feels and sounds like it is made out of cement it is so hard. My dog loved chewing on this and it kept her busy for hours. It's basically plastic. She chewed on the same end and actually ground it down to a very sharp tip! It was like an arrow. I had to throw it away because she would walk around with it in her mouth and scratch furniture and stabbed me in the leg a few times. As long as you supervise your pet this is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars durable toy for chewers, January 12, 2014
My 2yr-old beagles/pug mix loves this. Nylabone is a favorite trusted brand in this home. This is safe and durable for active chewers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Loves It, December 19, 2013
My dog loves chewing on these toys. You simply cannot beat these prices. The local PetsMart wanted almost double the price for this same chew toy. Will buy again when the time comes!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nope, follow my story..., February 7, 2015
Central Garden & Pet Company (owners of Nylabone) who claim "Safe, Healthy Chewing Since 1955(tm) are full of it.

This is going back. I already ordered another Dura Chew product that ended up injuring my dog. So I sure as heck am not going to keep this to give to the smaller dogs. I honestly can't believe they have the gall to try and peddle this to small dogs anyway. No small dog needs a hunk of plastic supposedly made for powerful chewers.

PLEASE DO NOT use Dura Chews with out extreme caution. Honestly I wish you would not use Dura Chews at all. Be careful with anything Nylabone makes. Especially when you are doing nothing but giving your dog a hunk of plastic. A hard hunk of plastic.

My vet has seen everything from broken teeth (especially in the little ones) to parts of them breaking off and getting in the GI tract. Want to see evidence? Follow my link to the review I left for another Dura Chew, one that arrived before this one (that I purchased for a different dog) where you can learn of the frightening problems others have had photos included.
My review here... http://www.amazon.com/review/RFUDF7QZ78QG8
Right to the page with everyone else who bought it.
Nylabone Dura Chew Wolf Bacon Flavored Hollow Stick Bone Dog Chew Toy

It no surprise to me so many people are defaulting to Dura Chews. That's what I did. The company has decided to try it's best to fill up the stores with mostly the Dura Chew line where the safer (marginally) Flexi Chew line is rarely anything but boring, two flavor only bones. "Powerful Chewers" are not supposed to take up 80% of their line in the store and online. Nor should anything for "Powerful Chewers" be made so horribly.

Of course when this particular bone arrived (again I ordered it before my other Dura Chews arrived) I felt the plastic and realized it was no different then another I had sent back months ago. Because of it being nothing more than a cheap hunk of plastic that I was in no way going to give my dog.

Again I understand the Flexi Chews are boring, over priced, mostly in one shape or flavor and did I mention boring? For making not much else but the same old bone shape with hardly any flavors except Original and Chicken. Owners are moving on to Dura Chews when they should NOT. I understand finding a bacon Flexi Bone is like finding the golden ticket for Willy Wonka's but please stay away from Dura Chews. And Nylabone all together if you can.

As for me, I'm done with the Nylabone controversies. I'm done with them. Especially since I'm still paying on my vet bill thanks to them. And they sure did get a lot of my money before injuring my dog.