4.0 out of 5 stars Shredded in a Week
My dog shredded this bone in 1 week. Ever wonder how the Nylabones are flavored? In the center (core), there is a spongey material that is soaked in some kind of flavoring agent. When I saw my dog eating the brown squishy sponge inside, I took it from him and threw it in the trash.

Published on March 21, 2012 by molu

2.0 out of 5 stars These were not a hit with my Norwegian Lundehunds
Published on April 22, 2011 by ChelleK

4.0 out of 5 stars Shredded in a Week, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Wolf Chicken Flavored Bone Dog Chew Toy (Misc.)

Not that this is a bad product. And I still buy Nylabones for my dog. But I have discovered that if you buy one or even two size bigger than recommended, then your dog won't be able to shred the bone and the bones actually last much longer.

I have a medium sized dog, I buy him Large, Wolf, and Souper Nylabones now. They're big and heavy but he loves them even more. Dogs are greedy. Bigger bones = happier dogs. And since the bog bones don't completely fit into his mouth, he can't shred them. He just chews at the ends and the tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, September 1, 2010
These multi-textured Nylabones are one of the all-time favorites for my dogs. There are certain types including the "Double-Action Chew" variety that have a tendency for big chunks to break off and potentially cause an internal blockage. Personally I have never had that issue with this bone, and the textures seem to be really enjoyable to my dogs. In terms of durability these are very good, and will last through several weeks of abuse by my Vizsla and German Shorthair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for strong chewers, February 14, 2011
This is our French Bull's favorite chew toy. Our little nine month old boy is an aggressive chewer, and this toy holds up pretty good. We got the Wolf size, which is bigger than the recommended toy size, which makes it harder for him to get his mouth around, which means the toy will last a little longer. He's had the toy for a little less than a month now, and he's beginning to wear away on the "bumpy" ends. I would say this toy will last another 5-6 months (which is pretty good, since our boy has gone through 3 toys already in 4 months). Next time, I'm going to order the even bigger size (Souper, I think it's called), so that should last even longer. The only thing about ordering those big sizes for a smaller/ medium size dog, is that they have a harder time carrying the toy in their mouth. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chew Toy!, January 29, 2012
My dogs love these bones! I have an aggressive chewer & I always purchase Nylabone products for him. It's not as durable as a KONG, but instead of rubber, it's more of a plastic material. Be prepared, because it will splinter, if you have an aggressive chewer like mine, but it's definitely worth it because it keeps him entertained. I usually have one bone for 2-4 months, depending on his interest. You can even boil them in bouillon flavor once a week to keep the flavors strong! This product is much cheaper on Amazon compared to pet stores where they sell for $10-$30 (depending on the shape/style) for the larger size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best, yet, for strong chewers, November 16, 2010
This is the first nylabone product to last more than 30 minutes with my German Shepherd. I'm still cautious, and don't let him chew on it if I'm not in the same room with him, but it has held up pretty well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the most durable chew toy out there, February 25, 2011
tbrochny (Upstate New York) - See all my reviews
What this toy lacks in visual appeal is more than made up in sheer durability. A related advantage is that, under sustained chewing, it breaks down into small flakes, one at a time -- not into chunks that could be swallowed and possibly harm a dog.

Our power biter - a six-month-old Labrador/Welsh Sheepdog mix - loves it.

Note this solid nylon bone is heavy - you won't want to throw/toss it around inside the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality -- a little smaller than expected, September 20, 2010
jjz (Altadena, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I chose this product because it is a Nylabone and was recommended for teeth cleaning. I really didn't pay attention to the specifications (my fault) -- I just saw the "wolf" on the label and assumed it was for large dogs. While it is durable and should be great for teeth cleaning, I am hesitant to give it to my yellow lab -- he would probably swallow it whole!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, great chew toy!, December 22, 2013
Our dog loved this toy and it kept her satisfied and interested. It lasted a long time and satisfied her chewing instincts.

The transaction was easy and shipping was right on time.

2.0 out of 5 stars These were not a hit with my Norwegian Lundehunds, April 22, 2011
My girls love to chew and will gnaw on almost anything, but for some reason they just were not into these chews. I had tried vanilla scented in the past because, as a vegetarian, I am not a big fan of things that smell meaty being in my house. They would never chew the vanilla so I assumed it was because the flavor was not tantalizing. So I broke down and ordered the chicken. Unfortunately, after over a month the girls are still ignoring these, even after I collect all their other chew toys and give them no other choice. Pretty disappointing since this was not cheap and I bought 2.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last for my dog, April 14, 2011
I'm surprised by the reviews. Purchased this for our 55 lb 10 mt old boxer/coonhound mix. Yes, she absolutely LOVES her bone, but she had the ends all roughed up (enough that we think she might cut her mouth) after just a few days of supervised play. Still looking for a "bone" that we can leave her alone with...