4.0 out of 5 stars Shredded in a Week
My dog shredded this bone in 1 week. Ever wonder how the Nylabones are flavored? In the center (core), there is a spongey material that is soaked in some kind of flavoring agent. When I saw my dog eating the brown squishy sponge inside, I took it from him and threw it in the trash.

Published on March 21, 2012 by molu

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected something different
The description of this bone says it's chicken flavored, but although I didn't taste it, there is no chicken smell in it. I would say there is no smell coming from this bone. It's more like a plain very hard plastic.

Published on February 28, 2011 by Suter

4.0 out of 5 stars Shredded in a Week, March 21, 2012
molu (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)

Not that this is a bad product. And I still buy Nylabones for my dog. But I have discovered that if you buy one or even two size bigger than recommended, then your dog won't be able to shred the bone and the bones actually last much longer.

I have a medium sized dog, I buy him Large, Wolf, and Souper Nylabones now. They're big and heavy but he loves them even more. Dogs are greedy. Bigger bones = happier dogs. And since the bog bones don't completely fit into his mouth, he can't shred them. He just chews at the ends and the tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, September 1, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
These multi-textured Nylabones are one of the all-time favorites for my dogs. There are certain types including the "Double-Action Chew" variety that have a tendency for big chunks to break off and potentially cause an internal blockage. Personally I have never had that issue with this bone, and the textures seem to be really enjoyable to my dogs. In terms of durability these are very good, and will last through several weeks of abuse by my Vizsla and German Shorthair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for strong chewers, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
This is our French Bull's favorite chew toy. Our little nine month old boy is an aggressive chewer, and this toy holds up pretty good. We got the Wolf size, which is bigger than the recommended toy size, which makes it harder for him to get his mouth around, which means the toy will last a little longer. He's had the toy for a little less than a month now, and he's beginning to wear away on the "bumpy" ends. I would say this toy will last another 5-6 months (which is pretty good, since our boy has gone through 3 toys already in 4 months). Next time, I'm going to order the even bigger size (Souper, I think it's called), so that should last even longer. The only thing about ordering those big sizes for a smaller/ medium size dog, is that they have a harder time carrying the toy in their mouth. Oh well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best, yet, for strong chewers, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
This is the first nylabone product to last more than 30 minutes with my German Shepherd. I'm still cautious, and don't let him chew on it if I'm not in the same room with him, but it has held up pretty well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chew Toy!, January 29, 2012
My dogs love these bones! I have an aggressive chewer & I always purchase Nylabone products for him. It's not as durable as a KONG, but instead of rubber, it's more of a plastic material. Be prepared, because it will splinter, if you have an aggressive chewer like mine, but it's definitely worth it because it keeps him entertained. I usually have one bone for 2-4 months, depending on his interest. You can even boil them in bouillon flavor once a week to keep the flavors strong! This product is much cheaper on Amazon compared to pet stores where they sell for $10-$30 (depending on the shape/style) for the larger size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected something different, February 28, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)

Also, what the description does not say and you can not see it from the picture, this bone is quite small. It's designed for dogs between 16 and 30 pounds.

Because of no smell and small size my dog was not interested in it at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars My dogs wont touch it, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
This is not the rubbery type of Nylabone. This is the rock hard plastic kind. My dog won't touch it. I tried simmering it for a half-hour in chicken broth, and he still wouldn't touch it. I have nothing against this product, I am sure for some dogs this is awesome, I am just saying my dog wouldn't touch it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, great chew toy!, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
Our dog loved this toy and it kept her satisfied and interested. It lasted a long time and satisfied her chewing instincts.

The transaction was easy and shipping was right on time.

2.0 out of 5 stars 10 min and in the trash, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
maybe wolf has a new meaning, but the name does not fit the product. I grew up with Nylabones, my black labs loved them, would last for months and months. Even these days with the "multiple levels of chewing ratings on each product", they are worthless IMHO. The strongest rating lasts no time at all and pieces start to break up. These are quite large and can choke your dog if ingested, mine will not get them again, too dangerous IMHO

2.0 out of 5 stars These were not a hit with my Norwegian Lundehunds, April 22, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
My girls love to chew and will gnaw on almost anything, but for some reason they just were not into these chews. I had tried vanilla scented in the past because, as a vegetarian, I am not a big fan of things that smell meaty being in my house. They would never chew the vanilla so I assumed it was because the flavor was not tantalizing. So I broke down and ordered the chicken. Unfortunately, after over a month the girls are still ignoring these, even after I collect all their other chew toys and give them no other choice. Pretty disappointing since this was not cheap and I bought 2.

Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken