4.0 out of 5 stars Shredded in a Week
My dog shredded this bone in 1 week. Ever wonder how the Nylabones are flavored? In the center (core), there is a spongey material that is soaked in some kind of flavoring agent. When I saw my dog eating the brown squishy sponge inside, I took it from him and threw it in the trash.

Published on March 21, 2012 by molu

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as durable as they used to be
I find Nylabone products to be a moving target. Some are as hard as rocks which my dogs love and last for months. Others, and I'm not talking about puppy products vs. big dog products, last for anywhere from days to weeks.

Published on April 18, 2011 by aaardvarj

4.0 out of 5 stars Shredded in a Week, March 21, 2012
molu (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)

Not that this is a bad product. And I still buy Nylabones for my dog. But I have discovered that if you buy one or even two size bigger than recommended, then your dog won't be able to shred the bone and the bones actually last much longer.

I have a medium sized dog, I buy him Large, Wolf, and Souper Nylabones now. They're big and heavy but he loves them even more. Dogs are greedy. Bigger bones = happier dogs. And since the bog bones don't completely fit into his mouth, he can't shred them. He just chews at the ends and the tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, September 1, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
These multi-textured Nylabones are one of the all-time favorites for my dogs. There are certain types including the "Double-Action Chew" variety that have a tendency for big chunks to break off and potentially cause an internal blockage. Personally I have never had that issue with this bone, and the textures seem to be really enjoyable to my dogs. In terms of durability these are very good, and will last through several weeks of abuse by my Vizsla and German Shorthair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for strong chewers, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
This is our French Bull's favorite chew toy. Our little nine month old boy is an aggressive chewer, and this toy holds up pretty good. We got the Wolf size, which is bigger than the recommended toy size, which makes it harder for him to get his mouth around, which means the toy will last a little longer. He's had the toy for a little less than a month now, and he's beginning to wear away on the "bumpy" ends. I would say this toy will last another 5-6 months (which is pretty good, since our boy has gone through 3 toys already in 4 months). Next time, I'm going to order the even bigger size (Souper, I think it's called), so that should last even longer. The only thing about ordering those big sizes for a smaller/ medium size dog, is that they have a harder time carrying the toy in their mouth. Oh well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as durable as they used to be, April 18, 2011
aaardvarj (Ohio United States) - See all my reviews

If you try to make sense out of their website vs. what you can find online or in pet stores it will be challenging to figure out exactly what you are getting. I contacted their customer support and reported that products with the same description performed differently and even varied in color. I threw out the ones that crumbled into big chunks that I was worried could harm my dog's digestive tract. Nylabone would not admit to any changes and said they wanted me to send them samples, which I couldn't do since I threw their products away.

I'm beginning to think they have a premium product line for pet stores and a lesser quality for online retailers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best, yet, for strong chewers, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
This is the first nylabone product to last more than 30 minutes with my German Shepherd. I'm still cautious, and don't let him chew on it if I'm not in the same room with him, but it has held up pretty well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chew Toy!, January 29, 2012
My dogs love these bones! I have an aggressive chewer & I always purchase Nylabone products for him. It's not as durable as a KONG, but instead of rubber, it's more of a plastic material. Be prepared, because it will splinter, if you have an aggressive chewer like mine, but it's definitely worth it because it keeps him entertained. I usually have one bone for 2-4 months, depending on his interest. You can even boil them in bouillon flavor once a week to keep the flavors strong! This product is much cheaper on Amazon compared to pet stores where they sell for $10-$30 (depending on the shape/style) for the larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy That Holds Up To Agressive Chewers - Another Hit From Nylabone!, November 20, 2013
We Have two Old English Bulldogs and to say they're aggressive chewers is an understatement. These maniacs go through the largest Nylabones and Kongs like a buzz saw through a 2 X 4. We could probably save a fortune by just giving them cinder blocks or small boulders but I feel I would trip over them while walking through the house in the dark.

As for plush toys those adorable rabbits and bunnies - they look like road kill in a New York Minute. So as for toys we stick the above mentioned Nylabones and Kongs, Jolly teasers Balls and Planet Dog toys by Orbie.

Still, nothing lasts particularly long and the toys are replaced fairly often. This particular toy has been a long time favorite for many years. Our dogs love to focus on trying to untie the knots, the shape lends itself well so two paws can hold one end easily while they chomp and gnaw away in chew crazed heaven.

These bones are also great for them to carry around and play fetch with Plus, the center ridges are great for oral care and the design is a well thought out take on the traditional Nylabone Souper. A time proven classic, that holds up even to the toughest abuse.

5 PAWS UP!

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected something different, February 28, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Wolf Chicken (Misc.)
The description of this bone says it's chicken flavored, but although I didn't taste it, there is no chicken smell in it. I would say there is no smell coming from this bone. It's more like a plain very hard plastic.

Also, what the description does not say and you can not see it from the picture, this bone is quite small. It's designed for dogs between 16 and 30 pounds.

Because of no smell and small size my dog was not interested in it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars durable toy for chewers, January 12, 2014
My 2yr-old beagles/pug mix loves this. Nylabone is a favorite trusted brand in this home. This is safe and durable for active chewers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, January 6, 2014
nomdeplume "nomdeplume" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This chew bone has stood up to two dachshunds using it to floss after meals twice a day. So far not much wear to it!

ARRAY(0xa7048d2c)