5.0 out of 5 stars For the Serious Chewer!
Published on February 5, 2011 by Lizzi

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last 24 hours
I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but my 6 mnth old pup picked this up, dropped it and it shattered into 3 pieces within 24 hours.
Published on February 18, 2012 by doglover

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Serious Chewer!, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Textured Ring Dog Chew Toy, Large (Misc.)
We have some serious Bulldog and Shar Pei chewers, and this is one chew toy I think is going to last a LONG time. It's a bit heavy for small dogs, I'd think...but our mini Shar Pei lugs it around. This and other chew toys were our pack's Christmas presents. Since then, it's chewed fairly evenly around the entire ring and barely marked by their teeth (the dogs take turns chewing). A nylabone wishbone would have been gone by now, and the big souper Dura Chew, which we usually buy, is chewed an inch or two down. I'm impressed by this ring. If your dog can carry it around, I would recommend this for the serious chewer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and fun, February 11, 2011
I typically buy the Nylabone Dura Chew Bones for my two dogs. One of them in particular is a very tough chewer and needs a very strong bone if we want it to last. I decided to buy this ring bone to spoil them with a little variety. They LOVE IT, AND it is lasting just like the standard Dura Chews! The texture and shape keep them interested and entertained for hours at a time. I will definitely be buying another one after this has been destroyed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last 24 hours, February 18, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars 10 Minute Toy, October 18, 2011
beemer (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
It lasted a whole ten minutes until the dog dropped it on the tile and it broke into three pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chew Toy!, January 29, 2012
My dogs love these bones! I have an aggressive chewer & I always purchase Nylabone products for him. It's not as durable as a KONG, but instead of rubber, it's more of a plastic material. Be prepared, because it will splinter, if you have an aggressive chewer like mine, but it's definitely worth it because it keeps him entertained. I usually have one bone for 2-4 months, depending on his interest. You can even boil them in bouillon flavor once a week to keep the flavors strong! This product is much cheaper on Amazon compared to pet stores where they sell for $10-$30 (depending on the shape/style) for the larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect chew toy, February 24, 2011
This has lasted well beyond any chew toy so far. It's perfect for dogs with powerful jaws. It keeps my mini dachshund happy for hours.

3.0 out of 5 stars Puppy loved it till it broke., January 25, 2012
Large breed puppy loved it unit he dropped it on hardwood floor an broke it int three pieces. Now not so much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the right dog., August 1, 2011
My dogs enjoy this toy as they are used to "starting" hard, smooth chew items. (As with all hard chew items, don't toss it TO your dog.) A less enthusiastic chewer might be more interested in it after a heavy-chewing dog friend (or a well-handled electric drill) chews some holes and ridges into it. I also smear peanut butter into the "valleys" to encourage shy chewers.
I think it says the L size is for 50lbs. and up but I think a spicy Russell might enjoy it, too. Pros: long lasting for hard chewers, can be boiled for cleaning/ disinfecting. Con: breaks if dropped on hard surface - which may, in fact, be a PRO for some smaller dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Roxy's Favorites, December 26, 2013
Abby (Scranton, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I'll never understand why my dog prefers to chew plastic bones over real bones, but Nylabones are always her favorite! She especially loves this ring chew since she can put her paw through the ring to hold onto it. It is very durable except when run-over by a lawnmower. We're on our 2nd since my dog insists on bringing a bone with her each time she goes outside and my husband doesn't look where he's going when cutting the grass.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog would not chew it, December 26, 2013
I don't know if it's too thick or hard but my German shepherd would not play with and chew on this round dog bone. Not quite sure what the issue is.

ARRAY(0xa4d105ac)