5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
My black lab is a very powerful chewer. I've boughten so many different toys for her, and Nylabones seem to be the only toys that actually last a while. Any other toys and she bites pieces off within two minutes.

Published on June 17, 2011 by L

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously Shaped Toy!
Published on April 20, 2012 by Anna S

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously Shaped Toy!, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Textured Tug Chew Toy, Medium (Misc.)
My dog was pretty fond of chewing this toy until the ring became stuck around her bottom jaw, behind her lower canines. It took my husband and I 30 minutes to get it off her, with her screaming each time it shifted as the "plaque removing" hard plastic spikes dug into her gums. She was left bleeding and terrified but luckily were there to help her otherwise I think she would have really hurt herself trying to get free.

For the record, she is the appropriate size for this toy, though her snout is a bit on the small side.

Just beware, and maybe opt for a different shape of Nylabone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 17, 2011

She really loves this Nylabone! She's had it for about two months now and it's starting to get pretty gross due to her bite marks and the fur and everything on the bone, so I think I'm going to buy a replacement one now. But it's very impressive for a dog toy to last for two months with my crazy chewer, so I think we were both very happy with this particular bone!

3.0 out of 5 stars This toy is small and for dogs up to 35lbs, July 8, 2011
M. Mallett (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This would be great for a smaller dog, but I bought it for my 75lb lab/pit and it is tiny. The description did not mention that it was for dogs up to 35lbs. Don't buy this for bigger dogs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous!! Please read!, January 9, 2014
Lorrie Beyerl (Gainesville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
We had this toy for several months for our puppy. She loved it. However, we just had to take her to the vet to get it removed from her mouth!
The circle part of the toy got locked inside her mouth behind her canine teeth and we could not dislodge it.
Because it was chewed up and sharp on the edges, each position we tried to move it in, just cut into her mouth more and more.
The vet had to totally sedate her and get bolt cutters to cut it off on each side.
I am sure this is rare and it must have been the fact that her mouth was at a perfect angle.
But I wouldn't take the chance on purchasing one if I were you.
It was very traumatic for the whole family and the Bill was $129 to get it removed!
Suggest another nylabone without a small opening!

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS FOR DOGS!!!, January 6, 2014
i buy nylabones for my dogs often. they LOVE them. unfortunatly, this design is very dangerous for dogs. my one pup got the "triangle handle end" lodged under her lower jaw and up through her mouth behind her lower canine teeth. she was in extreme pain and very scared. THANKFULLY after a good bit of trying, i finally removed the bone and threw it straight in the trash. at one point i feared that i was going to have to take her to the emergency vet because i was having such a difficult time removing it. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BONE

1.0 out of 5 stars Scary Experience, May 15, 2013
Our dog loves chew toys so we like to have a few options around for her to chew. We got home from dinner tonight and she was playing with this toy and thank goodness someone was here to help her because she got her lower jaw stuck inside the today and was shrieking and panicked. We threw the toy away. We use a lot of Nylabone products and have not had any problems besides this particular design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but still "Chewable", February 2, 2011
We have two, one year old retrievers (a Chesapeake and Golden). They both LOVE to chew.

The Nylabone products seem to satisfy their urge to chew, but they are certainly not "chew proof". We bought the Textured Tug Chew Toy along with four other Nylabone designs, as well. They've had them for just over one month, and there are significant portions of all the toys missing.

The message is, powerful chewers will still have their way with these toys, it just takes a little longer. When these are "gone", we will likely replace them with more Nylabone chews, as they do last longer than the other toys we've purchased. It would be nice to have a toy that was truly chew proof, but I guess it would have to be structural steel, or something similar!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, August 19, 2011
Our dog loves this chew toy. She is a heavy chewer and it has lasted pretty well. Will be buying more in the future. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Love nylabone, hate this one, December 8, 2013
I'm with Anna S on this - our black lab who is appropriate sized for this toy just got this stuck on her lower jaw and cried as we removed it. I recommend any other of their toys but this one. Sadie won't go near it anymore. I'll continue to
buy nylabones but none with medium openings or larger.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for dogs with narrow snouts, November 2, 2013
I usually love all Nylabone products. Perhaps this is the only one I would not recommend, specifically to pet owners of dogs with long narrow snouts. My Australian Shepherd's bottom jaw fit so perfectly into the triangle shaped section that it got stuck on his jaw. We had to hold him down and gently maneuver it off without pulling on his teeth. Needless to say, it went into the trash. I would just say to anyone with a dog of similar build in the face as an Aussie, just get a different chew toy.