5.0 out of 5 stars my powerful chewer loves this
Published on March 29, 2010 by E. Kuo

1.0 out of 5 stars Dogs wouldn't touch it
My dogs love nylabones, especially the wishbone and those spikey dinosaur ones. However, my dogs wouldn't touch this ring. It was very hard and heavy and seemed like it would be tough to chew on. Since my dogs are the ones who influence my future decisions on these types of purchases, I definitely will not be buying this again.
Published 2 months ago by Bonnie

5.0 out of 5 stars my powerful chewer loves this, March 29, 2010
E. Kuo "cheezmoon" (Boulder, CO United States) - See all my reviews
this is one of the very few chew toys that can withstand my dog. (everything else usually winds up in little pieces within a span of about 10 minutes to a few days). these Nylabone rings can usually manage to stick around for at least a month, and during that month, it's always her favorite toy. she carries it from room to room, sometimes flipping it over her head so it looks like some kind of crazy harness bit.

other nylabone products don't last nearly as long - anything weaker than the DuraChew types, she just straight up eats and it's gone within a few minutes. the bone-shaped DuraChews, she powers through in about a week.

anyway i love it and more importantly, the dog ADORES it.. we've bought 2 and will keep buying more as she chews through them.

cautions: (1) once your dog starts to really get into it, the ring gets little barbs on it that (besides being gross), pick up fur, hair, lint, and other grossness, which your dog ends up eating. (2) once your dog breaks through the ring and it forms a really long crescent instead, watch out as when your dog flips it up, the end may catch her in the eye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Toy, January 25, 2006
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Ring Dog Chew Toy, Original Flavor, Giant (Misc.)
I really like this toy for my yellow lab puppy. He really enjoys corners, and if he can find one, he will demolish it. Regularly shaped Nylabones last around a month. This ring has been super fun! He likes to play with it a lot because it's round, so he can stick his paw in to secure it, and then chew. It's very sturdy, but there is another version of it called the "Gumabone" for younger pups. I wouldn't go over 5mos with Gumabone products. This toy is really fun for dogs, almost indestructable, it's super!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nylabone review, September 27, 2009
we have a Mastiff who can chew threw most toys in minutes. We have found that she LOVES this nylabone and one bone will last a month. The fact that it is round allows her to put one foot through the loop and get a really good grip on it. She spends a couple hours a day chewing away. Also, this is a great price. At the local pet store it is twice as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Giant: No, Effective: Yes, March 21, 2010
Geoff Lodal (Fort Collins, CO) - See all my reviews
If you have big chewers, you know that nylabones are great and pretty tough. We're on our 4th regular nylabone and both dogs love it, so I thought I'd give this a try. I have to first mention that nylabone's definition of "giant" is way different than mine. I was expecting something 6-8" in diameter made of 1-2" thick material. I should have read more, it's actually about 5" in diameter with .5-.75" thick material. Still not bad, big enough to avoid any issues with my giant breeds.

Otherwise it's a regular nylabone, burly and apparently tasty. One fringe benefit of the shape is that without corners, the dogs tend to tear off fewer shards (the regular and galileo ones do this a lot). They don't seem to like it quite as much as a regular nylabone, but they'll play with it occasionally. All in all a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, something he can't destroy!, June 5, 2011
mastack (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I have a dog who is to say the least, a monster chewer. I'm not sure why, because he's half cocker spaniel, and half shih tzu, Not exactly what you would think a chewer would be made of, but he is honestly a MONSTER. He's chewed up just about any and everything you can imagine, from shoes, clothes (he actually ate my north face jacket- literally ATE a huge chunk, zipper and all), end tables, the WALL (I'm not sure how he managed that one), We even caught him chewing on a piece of broken glass once. Basically ANYTHING he can put in his mouth he will chew on- and ultimately, he'll eat it. Obviously this is a major problem. We watch him like a hawk, but still every couple of months I have to take him to the vet to make sure he's just sick- and doesn't have a blockage from eating something. I have spent ridiculous amounts of money buying toys that claim they are 'durable', and 'indestructible', and all of them got eaten and chewed to pieces with-in days. Then my fiancée told me to try this toy. We have the regular nylabones, but he never seems interested in them, so I was a little skeptical. But, desperate, I decided to give it a try. I'm happy to announce that this toy has indeed stood the test, and has not been destroyed! The dog loves it, because the ring he can play with it more like a toy, than a bone. I will say he isn't AS fascinated by it as some of the other toy's, (probably because he can't rip it shreds), but he does play with it. My suggestion would be to buy from Amazon, because at pet stores (like petsmart and petco), this thing is more expensive. I would recommend you give it a shot if you have a powerful chewer on your hands!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 for 2 on my dogs, October 6, 2008
this is one of their favorite nylabone chews. they really dig the ring shape for some reason....gonna get another right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, October 4, 2011
I own a 30lb Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She is definitely a powerful chewer and loves getting into things that do not belong to her, so it's great to find a toy that really holds her interest. She LOVES this ring! Also it's adorable the way she carries it around with her nose sticking through it. It's really easy for her to hold and lasts a long time. If your dog is really strong I wouldn't ever expect a toy to last forever but at this price and for the longevity of it I will continue to buy these over and over!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TOY, October 26, 2010
My dog loves this toy. She is a pit bull who can chew thru most toys but she hasn't been able to do anything to this one. She carries it everywhere!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best dog toys ever!!!!!, March 10, 2008
Kimberley A. Vogel (east mckeesport, pa) - See all my reviews
I have used the nylaring from Nylabone for 23 years, and every one of my dogs have loved them. Thanks to KV Vet Supply I can get them at a much better price than the major pet stores. Thank you Amazon for making this possible.!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Dog Toy IMO, June 16, 2012
Joe (mineola ny) - See all my reviews
I have a 2 year old Boston Terrier and he is full of energy and his favorite game is fetch, and I have tried various fetch toys and this one has been the absolute best for throwing, rolling and extraction from his mouth. He has a very powerful bite and my hand has been on the receiving end of a few misplaced chomps and this keeps my hand well away from his teeth. His grip is very powerful and the smooth shape of this makes getting it away from him a lot easier than other designs I have tried. When you throw it, its reaction to hitting the ground results in a pleasing amount of unpredictability that he seems to enjoy enormously. I have bought 12 of these and always have one ion the car and a few at home and the rest I will save in case they stop making them. These are also very difficult to find in brick and morter Petco and Petsmarts, and I only get them on Amazon.

Rate and Discover Movies