5.0 out of 5 stars Our dogs love this chew
Published on October 23, 2009 by S. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Chew Toy!
Published on January 29, 2012 by HopeLove

5.0 out of 5 stars Our dogs love this chew, October 23, 2009
S. Smith (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
We have two dogs, both of which would make short work of a large rawhide, completely consuming it in about an hour. Needless to say we were concerned about their health, both the possibility of choking, but also the stomach upset that always followed a rawhide session. We got them hooked on Nylabones as an alternative. Even if your dog is an avid rawhide fan, they can love Nylabone--you just have to use some tricky psychology and make the dog THINK it's the greatest treasure in the world. We've tried a couple different Nylabone models, and the Wishbone is by far the favorite. With the three prongs, they can easily anchor it in front of them with their feet and they have their choice of prong to chew. Even if you've tried other Nylabones and not met with much success, keep trying until you find a style that works for your dog. Try the softer ones first so your dog gets some success chewing on it so he's less likely to give up on the harder ones, then graduate up to the harder ones. It's definitely a safer and healthier alternative to rawhides and satisfies even the chewiest dog.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Chew Toy!, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone Chew Toy, Original Flavor (Misc.)
I don't particularly care for this shape/style of Nylabone because of the way it fits into my dog's mouth. It is also really thin compared to the other Nylabone chews. However, my dogs have no complaints! I have an aggressive chewer & I always purchase Nylabone products for him. It's not as durable as a KONG, but instead of rubber, it's more of a plastic material. Be prepared, because it will splinter, if you have an aggressive chewer like mine, but it's definitely worth it because it keeps him entertained. I usually have one bone for 2-4 months, depending on his interest. You can even boil them in bouillon flavor once a week to keep the flavors strong! This product is much cheaper on Amazon compared to pet stores where they sell for $10-$30 (depending on the shape/style) for the larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for Powerful Chewers!, May 6, 2006
Jill (California) - See all my reviews
My french bulldog loves this bone! This is the only bone she has been unable to destroy so far. The wishbone shape is great, because the dog can hold the bottom with both paws and then take turns chewing both sides of the wishbone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nylabones-stay away from them, October 10, 2012
Just had vet leave the house after examining my dog who had loose bowels for last 3 weeks. Stool check was fine. She is a strong chewer (Irish and Jack Russell Terrier. I bought the hardest bones made. There were shards of nylabone stuck in her rectum that were so sharp they could cut my finger. I changed her bones constantly but that made no difference. Fragments break off and get inside the dog's stomach and do serious damange. She has been so sick. These bones do NOT go through a dog's system easily. They can puncture their intestines, get caught in their rectum and be the cause of surgery. Do not buy these bones.Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone Chew Toy, Original Flavor, Wolf

1.0 out of 5 stars Nylabone is NOT to be ingested per my vet..., November 25, 2011
I have an avid chewer, a terrier, so much so that I call him the toy destroyer. I bought him this wishbone hoping it would give him some chewing action and last. Within 30 minutes he was chewing off small chunks and swallowed at least one before I threw it out. BEWARE! it is not safe for them to ingest this product. There are several reviews of dogs coming to harm from Nylabone's products. Wish I had researched that before buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Pet Beagle LOVES this Chew Toy, April 10, 2012
Snoopy, our beagle, loves this chew toy. He's quite the gnasher and loves gnawing on the knobby ends. It's not too thick of a toy, but it's lasted him and he seems to really enjoy it. Would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 38 pound Rott-Spaniel mix agressive chewer, December 6, 2009
bearboo2 (CA, United States) - See all my reviews
My friend's dog can shear off plush animal ears, legs and arms with his teeth like a pair of scissors! The "cut" was so "clean" and sharp I simply sewed the ears and appendages back on! He had all of my 2 year old dog's original puppy toys unstuffed and legless and armless within minutes of arriving for the playdate. This WOLFE size wishbone nylabone kept him busy for an entire day. My friend said that he only likes nylabones and only likes the "knobby" parts, so the wishbone, with its 3 knobby ends was perfect. He is only 38 pounds, but he is a 100x more agressive chewer than my 68 pound Chow-Newfie mix so the WOLF size was the perfect "hardness" and size for him.

1.0 out of 5 stars "Wolf" size is only for up to 35lbs...beware!, May 10, 2012
Nat "NT" (Atyomommashouse, CA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this "Wolf" sized wishbone for my 70lb labrador. It's TINY. The package does indeed say "wolf size" but it also says for dogs up to 35lbs. Most other Nylabone "wolf" size bones are for LARGE dogs. For the price of this item, it's not even worth the trouble to return it. I am just going to throw it out. Disappointed that the product information is misleading.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than you think!, August 13, 2010
S. Millspaugh (Noblesville, IN) - See all my reviews
Not sure how durable it would've been if I had given it to my dog, but I didn't because this thing was so tiny! I was afraid my dog would choke on it! I made sure to read the description and made sure that I got one of the larger sizes for my German shepherd dog, but the description appears to be misleading because this product was not usable. I had to give it away to my neighbors toy poodle instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a strong chewer like my pit bull, June 29, 2010
Our one year old pit bull loves to chew. Stuffed animals and soft toys don't stand a chance with him and even some Kong products have not been tough enough for him. We have found that Nylabone products seem to be very tough and last a long time with him. We got him this wishbone and he loves it. It's one of the few toys that has stayed around longer than a few weeks and he chews it every day. We would recommend this product for tough chewers.

ARRAY(0xa9cfb564)