5.0 out of 5 stars Tough enough to Survive the big, bad CHARLIE!
I purchased this for my 80 pound yellow lab, Charlie.

Charlie is a very powerful chewer. Toys typically last about 2.3 seconds in his grasp.
Since Charlie's toy budget had ballooned to a point where I had to choose whether to fulfill his appetite for destruction, or pay the mortgage, I knew something had to change.
This is how I came across this...
Published 19 hours ago by Videoguy916

3.0 out of 5 stars My dog chews off larger parts than he should.
My Malinois / Husky loves Nylabones. He has gone through one of the "souper" bones and is working on another one. I got him this and noticed it was considerably smaller, so he has already chewed off the head and tip of the tail - but it keeps him busy, cleans his teeth and he enjoys it.

UPDATE: After a few weeks with this toy I have noticed my dog is able to...
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars My dog chews off larger parts than he should., August 24, 2013
This review is from: Nylabone Durable Dental Dinosaur Chew Toy (Dinosaur Varies) (Misc.)

UPDATE: After a few weeks with this toy I have noticed my dog is able to chew off larger pieces (more specifically the legs) and I have had to take them away for fear of him swallowing them whole. I have also noticed some sharper edges on this bone not only from him chewing, but also the texture of the dinosaur. He has cut himself on it once, but I only realized it when I saw blood on it and inspected his mouth. So, no more of these dinos for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough enough to Survive the big, bad CHARLIE!, October 24, 2014
I purchased this for my 80 pound yellow lab, Charlie.

This is how I came across this nylabone chew. It appeared tough enough that charlie may get at least an hour of play from this toy before it was destroyed. The price was reasonable enough that it fit within what was left of the depleted toy budget. So I bought it.

Two quick days later, and the box arrived. I gave the package to Charlie, and told him it was another new toy for him to destroy. The smell of the nylabone vented through the cardboard, and he started to wag. He tore open the box and found the bone inside. At this point, he is elated. I removed the packaging and told him to go at it.
That was weeks ago, and the dinosaur bone still has yet to be defeated. Sure, it is missing a few spines, and his tail is heavily chewed, but the bone is not yet destroyed. That isn't from a lack on trying on Charlie's part. He chews on the bone almost daily, and hasn't gotten tired of it yet!

If you have a big dog who's toy budget is getting out of control, buy this bone! Small bits will come off here and there, so if your dog likes to eat what he destroys, keep an eye on him. However, all of the small bits that have come off Charlie's bone thus far are small enough that they should pass no problem.

A great bone, and if they release similar bones in the future, Charlie will be a happy customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Chew Toy for a Lab!, December 7, 2010
If you have a lab as a pet, this is a must buy. Sidney, my yellow lab, has had her share of chew toys --beginning with ropes, moving onto squeeky toys, stuffed animals, and tackling all types and sizes of flavored nylabones. And, I haven't mentioned the things she's not supposed to chew (believe it or not, it's bluetooths....that's her favorite alternative). She quickly grew bored off all, but one --Nylabone's Durable Dental Dinosaur. She absolutely loves it!!! And, it's taken her months to break it down. She loves it so much, I purchased one for our home, the dog walker's house, and the car. I don't ever want her to go without it. And, you won't want your dog to go without it either.

5.0 out of 5 stars great chew toy, December 7, 2010
K B (upland, ca) - See all my reviews
looks gnarly but our dog loves to chew it. after 4 months you can't tell it was a dino. our dog loves to chew it and we hope its good for the teeth as it claims. we also have the Nylabone Galileo Bone Dog Chew Toy, Wolf which is more robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go-to Toys, November 25, 2010
Michael Chovan "Mike" (San Francisco, CA, US) - See all my reviews
We have a Doberman/Lab mix - this thing has lasted a *long* time and it is his go-to chew toy. We have a few bones that have lasted long as well, but these are by far his favorite and used almost daily. Highly recommended, buying more for him for the holidays!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Indestructible, October 24, 2014
Snow Queen "Loonatic" (Michigan, United States) - See all my reviews
Well, the dog likes it. He's pretty much destroyed it and I have to keep taking pieces away from him so he doesn't swallow them. If you are looking for something "indestructible," keep looking because this isn't it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 24, 2014
Dog loved it but is a little small have a 50# dog but she loved to chew on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 24, 2014
All of my doggies love this.

great for puppy teething