5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product
Published on January 5, 2007 by Jonathan L. Goulden

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad experience
Although this toy is advertised for powerful chewers, you should be aware, my dog fractured his molar from chewing on this toy.
Published 9 months ago by kathleen a. piretti

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, January 5, 2007
I orginally found this product after complaining to Nylabone. I had bought one of their 'Pit Bull Tested' toys - some knobby thing - for my half pit bull mutt. He enjoyed the knobby thing but it was in tiny bits in under 5 minutes. I pulled the package out of the trash and emailed nylabone with a complaint. Much to my surprise they responded the next day and sent me the Galileo Souper bone at no charge. My dog loved it. Nylabone later paid my dog $25 to test a new and improved 'knobby' product but it didn't last either. However the Galileos are great and we keep buying them. We get about 9-12 mos out of each one before they get down to plum size. They keep his teeth nice and clean too. The floor does tend to vibrate when he grasps it with his paws and start gnawing (wood floor over a crawl space) which is a little odd but does impress visitors :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Choice for Tough Chewers, July 15, 2007
We have a half Rottweiler that is a very tough chewer. When he was a pup he destroyed nearly every toy we tried to give him. I was concerned that he would swallow something he shouldn't, so we had to take away the toys. Then we found the Galileo Nylabone and the black Kong toys. These were a blessing, as no matter how hard he would try, he couldn't tear them up. The Galileo Nylabone is designed so that it just comes off in little shreds - nothing big to swallow. Our Rotty has been chewing them for nearly 10 years, and still likes them. He gets excited when we give him a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 25, 2006
We've had dogs that wouldn't have a thing to do with Nylabones, but what works great is early training. Start the puppy out on the puppy nylabones. Follow instructions and help the pup's interest level by smearing some peanut butter on it, and so on.

The first time we saw a Galileo Bone, we were mystified, but the sales clerk said he had one and it lasted years! And guess what? It did! Our dog is over 8 years old now, and has two Galileo's. He doesn't chew on them constantly, but whenever he feels like it. It helps keep his molars free of tartar and satisfies his craving to chew.

One of the bone's 3 tips was getting chewed waaaay close to the stump and finally broke off. According to instructions, that's the time to retire it and get a new one.

I've paid over $20 each for these and feel they were worth it at that price. Now they are almost half that. Good deal.

Natural (real) bones are dangerous and rawhide chews can get stuck in the throat, swell in the stomach and even cause bowel impaction. Don't use them. If you insist, supervise the dog so you can assist if the above problems happen. It has happened to us.

But use Nylabones and don't worry about it! It may take some training at first, maybe not. If it does, it's worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad experience, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Nylabone Galileo Souper Original Flavored Dog Chew Toy (Misc.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in this bone, November 23, 2012
I have a large, very aggressive chewer (chocolate lab). I've had pretty good luck with two other nylabone products, but they were a bit small and I figured it was time to bring out the big gun. With all these bones I believe it's time to retire them when small chunks start coming off of them; this bone did not last long before this started happening. By contrast the other nylabones lasted much longer, but based on price and advertised qualities it should have been the other way around.

So this was a lot of money for a product that lasted less than a month. The search continues but I'll be looking at products made by other companies a bit harder now. I regret not buying this locally as I would have marched back into the store with this bone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Product, November 8, 2006
My dog loved this bone, but within 1 week he had 3 broken teeth, on had to be surgically removed. He had excellent dental care his entire life, strong teeth and loved chewing on bones. This items not worth the hundreds it has cost in vet bills for emergency surgery.

Nylabone after reviewing my vet's information told us that the bone we purchased was not hard enough for my dog. Even though he was within the weight recomendations and in excellent health before the bone, Nylabone refused to even apologize for the pain they caused.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog loved it...a bit too much, September 13, 2012
I bought this for my 5 year old 20 lb Jack Russell Terrier. She is an extremely aggressive chewer and most toys don't last 5 minutes. I thought this would be the perfect solution.

I gave it to her a few hours a day supervised, and she loved it. About a week later I noticed blood all over the floor. Her whole mouth was cut up from the "rice size" pieces that clean the teeth. Despite her mouth being massacred, she still chewed on the toy. I had to throw it away so she wouldnt hurt herself. I touched it as well and it was SHARP.

What a waste of money. I still cant find any toys for my dog to chew without her ripping them up or hurting herself..... sigh..

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous product, February 26, 2014
Jan Riese (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Have purchased galileo bones over the years and my dogs have loved them. This recent purchase has been a horror!!! They must have changed manufacturers!!! Little slivers of the bone are getting chewed off and swallowed by my dogs and then they THROW UP! This started only recently, but when are oldest dog just THREW UP 5 minutes ago with little bone slivers we figured it out. The THROWING UP started with my recent purchase of this bone. IT IS NOW IN THE TRASH WITH THE THROW UP!!!!
Jan Riese
Dog owner for 30 years with 4 dogs.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 out of 4 Paws, August 24, 2007
First Impression: Man it was time for a new Nylabone. Mom and Dad bought me my first two almost 5 months ago! They were looking a little nasty, but I still loved them. The kind folks over at Nylabone sent me a gift box and I got to try out this new monster of a chew bone. Now it is shaped a little weird, but I like it none the less. Every time Mom and Dad eat lunch or dinner I lay down and chew on a Nylabone. It keeps me entertained while they eat that amazing smelling human food... I just close my eyes and pretend.

Conclusion: Great chew bone! Lasts a very long time. Not sure what could be improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife likes it more than the dog!, August 26, 2011
I found this on the floor and thought it was something my wife bought from Spencer's. Now her and the dog are always fighting over who gets it more. I am happy too, I can just sit and watch football without being interrupted.

Nylabone Galileo Souper Original Flavored Dog Chew Toy