4.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves it...
... but it's gone in 60 seconds :-). Considering the cost of the bone and how fast it disappears I will only be buying intermittently,
Published on July 11, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not our best idea
Published on August 22, 2011 by Leeshie

1.0 out of 5 stars Not our best idea, August 22, 2011
Leeshie (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nylabone Healthy Edible Bone, Roast Beef Flavored with Vitamins, Souper 8.29 oz (Misc.)
As a treat to our 2 year old ACD mix, we bought this bone for her. She loves her nylabone durachew (much to my dismay) and we were aware that this one was actually edible before we bought it. We don't often give her treats like this, and she really seemed to love it. So much so, in fact, that the entire thing was nearly gone within 10 minutes..... and we purchased the largest one - the one with the first on the end since our dog is 50+ lbs.

I had a bad feeling about it, and a few hours later, it was confirmed. My dog started gagging and then vomitted. She ate it at about 4pm and got sick around 10pm. Slept through the night, although she woke me up a few times, and was still licking her mouth and gagging the next morning. I don't know if it's because the bone is really rich and she's not used to it, but I wouldn't recommend it unless it's a product you and your dog are already familiar with as it was our experience that it made our dog ill.

If you do purchase this product, definitely make sure you watch your dog with it - if they're eating it too fast, consider taking it away so they don't devour the entire thing in 10 minutes like ours did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made my dog vomit with traces of blood, March 2, 2013
I gave one to my dog and the next morning he threw up. I didnt think much of it -until I got home that evening. He did not eat dinner and had vomited in several areas. Some of the vomit had blood in it. I did an internet serach and this is not uncommong and can result in high vet bills - not to mention some dogs have died. Apparently they are NOT digested well and get caught in digestive track. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE TO YOU DOGS!

1.0 out of 5 stars My dog choked on the Edible Bone, November 27, 2011
Ness (brooklyn, ny) - See all my reviews
Warning to other dog owners: the edible Nylabones are extremely dangerous for dogs with a big & greedy appetite. My dog swallowed it whole within 30 seconds of giving it to her and choked on it. She was fully unconscious before I could dislodge the bone and breathe into her nose to bring her back to life... We almost lost her over this bone. If your dog is a greedy chewer or eater, then please don't buy edible Nylabones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Our dog almost died from this..., September 3, 2013
Rainey (Marina del Rey, CA United States) - See all my reviews
These "edible" treats should be recalled. Our 90 pound Doberman puppy began throwing up the night after eating part of this bone. Pieces of the bone created a blockage in his abdomen that had to be removed by emergency surgery. The pieces removed by the surgeon were sharp and would have penetrated his intestines. The vet said he would not have made it another day if we did not do the surgery. Our dog now has stitches in his stomach and metal staples from his chest to his groin. It will be months before he can run and play again. He is lucky to be alive. These chews are NOT edible. We hope other dog owners will read this and save themselves from the trauma we have been through because of Nylabone....

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the avid bone chewer, July 18, 2013
I bought this for my Shiloh Shepherd and it lasted about 20 minutes before it was entirely gone. I would recommend sticking with the original Nylabone if your dog loves to chew.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive & made my dog puke!, August 20, 2012
My German Shepherd is incredibly picky when it comes to treats... So I was incredibly excited that he was finally happy about a toy I had given him.

I, however, was not happy that it only took him 8 minutes to eat the entire thing.

I was also not happy when he puked the entire thing up (and his dinner) 12 hours later at 4AM... Customer reviews are pretty consistent that this product is too expensive for what it is, and is making the dogs sick.

I would never recommend this product to anyone, and will be informing my fellow dog rescue colleagues never to buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars $7.99 gone in less than 7 minutes, May 14, 2012
I paid $7.99 for the colossal sized one I got my Great Pyrenees puppy. In less than 7 minutes she had eaten the entire thing. I cannot afford to entertain my dog for more than $1 a minute. She loved it, but I will not purchase this product again. My girl is actually very gentle with her toys too. At 11 months old, she has yet to destroy a single one of her stuffed toys. If it's an edible chew toy though, I've found nothing that can stand up to her jaws.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!, April 11, 2014
Be very careful with Nylabone Edibles. While they are edible, the bone can break off in large pieces, and if swallowed, can lead to major problems that could ultimately be fatal. I just incurred over $2500 in vet bills to have a large piece removed from our pet "Roxie's" esophagus where it also caused significant tissue trauma. The emergency clinic kept her for two nights to see if she spiked of fever which would indicate leakage from the esophagus which would have resulted in additiional surgery(s) and ultimately could be fatal according to the clinic. Tried to get Nylabone to post a warning on packaging to no avail. BEWARE!!! And if you are going to give your dog this product, be sure to observe them and take away large pieces that could be swallowed. That said, I would never give my dog this product again...I couldn't help but feel the blame when we were told it could have been fatal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Longer lasting it is not, June 15, 2013
I've never seen my dog go through something so fast. It looks strong but just crumbles apart. Huge waste of money!

1.0 out of 5 stars NO, July 15, 2013
Gave to our puppy, she had ate the entire thing in less than 10 minutes. Not good for power chewers.