4.0 out of 5 stars Puppy likes them but eats them too fast
Published 12 months ago by JaneeS

2.0 out of 5 stars My dog loved it, but it didn't last long
My very average chewing dog was done with it in under 5 minutes. I was hoping that for this kind of money this bone would last a little longer. Next time, I'll simply get her rolled pig skins. They last about 10 minutes, are filled with yummy paste and they cost so much less.
Published on February 28, 2008 by Scope

2.0 out of 5 stars My dog loved it, but it didn't last long, February 28, 2008
Scope (Roswell, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Healthy Edibles Regular Variety Pack, 3-Count (Misc.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love them, but they don't last long, May 28, 2013
Matt K. (Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
bought a two pack of these for our two dogs. They loved them but they lasted less than 2 mins with one dog (border collie mix) and about 5 mins with the other (brittany spaniel/corgi mix).

For the money, I would expect these to last MUCH longer. skip these chew snacks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for young, teething puppies, October 17, 2012
KATOPIA (San Diego, CA in wonderful USA) - See all my reviews
This product is promoted as safe for puppies but my nine week old Boston Terrier has choked on them. He is able to bite the tip off with his razor sharp teeth and has no regard for how big the piece is. They only last maybe 20 minutes tops. I won't buy them again because even while being supervised my pup is fast and can down large chunks before I realize it, and after choking twice on these bones ...no more Nylabone Edibles for Petey!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my pup's favorite!, August 10, 2014
This seems like a pretty good product. I purchased one of these bones before for my lab puppy and he loved it. The only thing is it did not last very long. In a matter of about 10 minutes my 3 month old (at the time) lab demolished it. That is why I purchased this three pack. I liked that each bone has a different flavor, as I thought it would give him variety. This time around my puppy wouldn't chew on any of these at all. Now I can't blame the bones entirely as my lab has turned into a very picky puppy when it comes to bones and chews. Every so often I try giving him one again, maybe one day he will eat it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Last Long...Too Delicious for Dogs???, October 21, 2014
Nothing wrong with these treats, my dogs all loved it. The only problem is I purchased these to keep my dog busy and occupied trying to chew on the bone. However, my husky finished it all in less than 5 minutes as if it was nothing more than a regular dog treat. Had I known my dog would have devoured it immediately, I would have purchased some rawhide instead. Rather pricey for my dog to finish it so quickly, I'm not even she savored what she ate!

1.0 out of 5 stars "Long Lasting" = 90 Seconds, December 5, 2014
Susan_G (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
I bought these because they are advertised as "long lasting." Our Jack Russel/Pug mix is a chewer, so we bought a size larger than recommended with the hope that they'd last a little longer still. Well, we timed it. 90 seconds. And the whole thing was gone. And he had diarrhea everywhere the next morning. We will NOT be purchasing these again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ingredients, but not long lasting, and expensive, September 2, 2013
I bought this product today (not on Amazon) from the big box national Pet...mart store. I guess I won't use the name, since they may edit it out anyway, but if you watch tv and see the pet commercials, you'll know which I mean. I decided to try these because they were free of fillers, corn, and wheat, and because it was 50% off. At 50% off, they were selling for $4.50 a package for a 3 count. I thought they would be long lasting, like a rawhide, which my dog takes hours or days depending on his mood to finish. He finished it in under 10 minutes. Several hours later, he threw up. An hour after that, his stool was funny looking...almost gooey whitish. He's a 10 lb. Mini Fox Terrier with no prior food sensitivities, so I don't know what particular ingredient disagreed with him, or if this bone is a bit too much for a dog his size to eat all in one short setting. Any one else's dog have issues with this product? I'm disappointed because at over a dollar a bone it didn't last long, and I thought I was getting him something healthier to chew.

4.0 out of 5 stars Puppy likes them but eats them too fast, February 4, 2014
JaneeS (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
They are made in USA as are other Nylabone products I have checked. I don't know about the source of the ingredients, but you could probably contact Nylabone. I got these for my Samoyed puppy when she was just 8 wks and 10 pounds and had all baby teeth. She played with them and then would munch about half of it in 20 minutes. Now she is 13 week and 20 pounds but still has all baby teeth. She will grab it right away and devour it all in about 5 minutes. Obviously she loves it.

The regular size may be ok for young pups and small dogs, but not for heavy chewers. There is a guide currently on the product page to help pick the proper size for your dog. I will be getting a larger size if I want to occupy my puppy for longer.

Dogs should be supervised with this product, because once it has been chewed to a smaller size, they might try to swallow the whole thing and might choke. My dog did try to swallow the end, so I removed the remaining piece from her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daisy is asking that I give it 5 stars, July 19, 2013
Yolanda M. Sneed (Lake Worth, FL United States) - See all my reviews
My beagle/Chihuahua mix, Daisy, LUVZZZ these edible chew bones!! I've bought them several times and they are her absolute favorite! She gets raw (real) bones and other types of treats in addition to a very good diet of grain-free dog food, but these just drive her crazy. They are to Daisy, what chocolate is for me -- divine!! Funny thing is she loves to hide them & she doesn't do that with any other treats nor with her toys. If she can get into the backyard with one of these Nylabones, she will bury it and go back to it the next day. She's pretty small -- only 12 pounds, but she can go through one of these in an hour; unless it's been buried for a later time. She would tear one up every day if I allowed it, but these are her super special rare treat.

2.0 out of 5 stars My little dog ate one in 10 minutes., September 7, 2013
Just like the title says, my one-year-old, 22 pounds, scrawny terrier-poodle mix ate one of these regular-sized edibles in under 10 minutes -- and that's an approximation. Now I'm just waiting for him to produce some interesting vomit, though I hope it doesn't come to that. Can't be good that he inhaled one of these like it was a cheesy poof. I hope his early morning poop is normal 'cause I hate having to wipe his butt on the rare occasion that he eats something 'off'.

My dog is a pretty avid chewer for such a little pup. We love Nylabone products, but we'll definitely stick to the durable nylon items that last much longer and are worth the price tag.