4.0 out of 5 stars good for some dogs
This is a good product but not for chow hounds. If your dog is a ferocious eater, opt for the regular nylabones and not the edible ones.
Published on July 8, 2009 by Marian McGuire

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick and apparently yummy toy
Published on December 22, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick and apparently yummy toy, December 22, 2009
This review is from: Nylabone Healthy Edible Bone, Bacon Flavored with Vitamins, Regular, Triple Pack (Misc.)
If it lasted, it would be a good chew. It's a little smelly but compared to a chew-hoof it's Chanel. Puppy took it from my hand and went straight to work, and it lasted about 20 minutes. He's a bigger chewer now but at the time he was not the most ferocious, and it would last maybe 8 minutes now. No mess on the floor - little nibbled bits that stick to your socks - like you get with real bones. No loose stool either, but there were some FUNKY smells going on in his vicinity a few hours after each bone.

For a more durable chew without the stinkies, try an antler. I'll post a review on those if I can find them in my order history.

Based on the dogs I've owned, this would be great for a Sheltie, spaniel, bichon or other small- to midsize- puppy that isn't a serious chewer but needs a job to do to keep him out of trouble.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog loved it, until his first bowel movement., June 17, 2010
I am a big fan of treats that are digestable. I purchased this product thinking it would be safe to feed my dog. I left the treat for my dog on my way out the door for work, when I arrived home 4 hours later the treat was fully gone and the poor dog could not control his bowel movements and had diarrhea.

This diarreha lasted for 2 days, and was so bad that I had to take a trip to the vet which ended up being one of the most expensive trips I've made there yet to have him tested for various illnesses.

I didn't attribute the diarrhea to the product at first, but a week later I again gave my dog this bone treat and a few hours after eating the bone the diarrhea started back up again.

I'm unsure what exactly about this product is "healthy", and would argue against it being "edible". Sure technically you can give this product to your dog and if he eats peices it won't require surgery to remove. But you'll spend 2-3 days dealing with uncontrolable doggy bowel movements, and excessive dehydration. And if your not quick enough to realize it's this treat causing your problems you'll spend a few hundred bucks at the vets office like I did.

And don't get me started on how quickly these things can get eaten....

From now on I'll stick with bully sticks.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for some dogs, July 8, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, August 29, 2010
My dog loves these bones. He's very picky and usually turns his nose up at everything. He gobbled these right up.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star review based on how much our dog loves it, June 4, 2014
We try to be careful about what food and treats we give our dog. She loves these Nylabones and never has bad reactions to it (e.g., spitting it back up in the middle of the night like she has with other brands). Plus, I love that it keeps her busy chewing for a awhile, distracting her from other things she might like to chew on such as shoes, rugs, furniture...etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars great!, June 29, 2012
great product. my lab loves it. but she goes through it in 15 minutes. thats what scares me!!! she breaks it up into bits and I am always scared that she will choke on one. otherwise, dogs love these.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog likes these.... and cats? ha!, August 21, 2011
My dog loves these. One lasts her about a week. i put one in her crate while im at work and she nibbles at it. its funny because my cats like them too, i found them stealing them from my pom and licking them. i will be buying these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love These Say My Dogs, April 8, 2011
I bought these during Amazon's 4/3 promotion. I have two golden retrievers who are spoiled badly and I am constantly looking for healthy treats for them. These are perfect because I can open one package and have one bone for each dog. They love these and sit waiting for them. They are not soft but not like rawhide so when they chew on them, it helps clean their teeth. There are enough vitamins and flavor to keep them interested until the whole bone is gone. I would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Marley!, September 18, 2014
My pit/lab mix is not a big chewer, so this bone layed around for a few days before he realized it was edible. He did eat it quickly once he started, though. It was gone in about 15. No digestive or poop issues of any kind. I think you really need to watch your dog with any kind of bone. Marley eats very delicately, crunching the bone into smaller bites, and then chews each bite-size piece separately. He never swallows anything whole. I'm not sure any bones are good for dogs who swallow large chunks of food without chewing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it is edible but healthy??, January 5, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Seriously?? By whose standards??

Since when are wheat starch, glycerin, cellulose, potato starch, bacon flavor (?what does this mean?) healthy?

I bought this thinking it would last a few hours or days but my dog just gobbled it up in minutes.

I love the nylabone chew products but I don't recommend these unless you have very large dogs that can eat them as treats.