5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy
My dog loves these bones. He's very picky and usually turns his nose up at everything. He gobbled these right up.
Published on August 29, 2010 by imsocrazy

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick and apparently yummy toy
Published on December 22, 2009 by JennInCT

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick and apparently yummy toy, December 22, 2009
This review is from: Nylabone Healthy Edible Bone, Bacon Flavored with Vitamins, Regular, Triple Pack (Misc.)
If it lasted, it would be a good chew. It's a little smelly but compared to a chew-hoof it's Chanel. Puppy took it from my hand and went straight to work, and it lasted about 20 minutes. He's a bigger chewer now but at the time he was not the most ferocious, and it would last maybe 8 minutes now. No mess on the floor - little nibbled bits that stick to your socks - like you get with real bones. No loose stool either, but there were some FUNKY smells going on in his vicinity a few hours after each bone.

For a more durable chew without the stinkies, try an antler. I'll post a review on those if I can find them in my order history.

Based on the dogs I've owned, this would be great for a Sheltie, spaniel, bichon or other small- to midsize- puppy that isn't a serious chewer but needs a job to do to keep him out of trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, August 29, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Num num bacon num num, October 3, 2011
I bought these bones for my adult dog and a couple of young teething puppies I was fostering. My adult dog was able to devour these things in no time (I eventually got him the larger sized bones so it would at least last him a good minute instead of seconds). The puppies loved to chew on these things and were determined to eat them as fast as they could. When one puppy managed to finish, she would go after her sister's if she still had some left. These things actually smell good enough that you might almost want to eat one. haha They don't last too long but they are a good treat for a dog, especially one who is teething. They still don't last more than 5 minutes but if you want to spoil your dog, this is a good way to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog likes these.... and cats? ha!, August 21, 2011
My dog loves these. One lasts her about a week. i put one in her crate while im at work and she nibbles at it. its funny because my cats like them too, i found them stealing them from my pom and licking them. i will be buying these again.

4.0 out of 5 stars great!, June 29, 2012
great product. my lab loves it. but she goes through it in 15 minutes. thats what scares me!!! she breaks it up into bits and I am always scared that she will choke on one. otherwise, dogs love these.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love These Say My Dogs, April 8, 2011
I bought these during Amazon's 4/3 promotion. I have two golden retrievers who are spoiled badly and I am constantly looking for healthy treats for them. These are perfect because I can open one package and have one bone for each dog. They love these and sit waiting for them. They are not soft but not like rawhide so when they chew on them, it helps clean their teeth. There are enough vitamins and flavor to keep them interested until the whole bone is gone. I would definitely buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for some dogs, July 8, 2009
This is a good product but not for chow hounds. If your dog is a ferocious eater, opt for the regular nylabones and not the edible ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, July 19, 2011
My dogs love it. It is healthy and nutritious. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it is edible but healthy??, January 5, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Seriously?? By whose standards??

Since when are wheat starch, glycerin, cellulose, potato starch, bacon flavor (?what does this mean?) healthy?

I bought this thinking it would last a few hours or days but my dog just gobbled it up in minutes.

I love the nylabone chew products but I don't recommend these unless you have very large dogs that can eat them as treats.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog loved it, until his first bowel movement., June 17, 2010
I am a big fan of treats that are digestable. I purchased this product thinking it would be safe to feed my dog. I left the treat for my dog on my way out the door for work, when I arrived home 4 hours later the treat was fully gone and the poor dog could not control his bowel movements and had diarrhea.

This diarreha lasted for 2 days, and was so bad that I had to take a trip to the vet which ended up being one of the most expensive trips I've made there yet to have him tested for various illnesses.

I didn't attribute the diarrhea to the product at first, but a week later I again gave my dog this bone treat and a few hours after eating the bone the diarrhea started back up again.

I'm unsure what exactly about this product is "healthy", and would argue against it being "edible". Sure technically you can give this product to your dog and if he eats peices it won't require surgery to remove. But you'll spend 2-3 days dealing with uncontrolable doggy bowel movements, and excessive dehydration. And if your not quick enough to realize it's this treat causing your problems you'll spend a few hundred bucks at the vets office like I did.

And don't get me started on how quickly these things can get eaten....

From now on I'll stick with bully sticks.

ARRAY(0xd8933c14)