5.0 out of 5 stars Nylabone's a cost savings investment
Published on February 28, 2011 by AmazonFan1950

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: ends break off, plus update
Published on August 26, 2010 by C. Hammell

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: ends break off, plus update, August 26, 2010
All three of my dogs love these bones and will chew on them for hours. Unfortunately my ten month old Chesapeake Bay Retriever has figured out how to pop the ends off and then he chews off big chunks of the orange center. I did speak to customer service at Nylabone and was told the ends should not come off. I have since sent two samples in for r and d testing. Nylabone also said they would replace the bones. If your dogs are very powerful chewers keep an eye on them. Three weeks after returning two of these bones to Nylabone I received six replacements. Three of one type and three of another. As a longtime purchaser of Nylabone products I wholly recomend this company. Mojo is overjoyed to have his favorite chew toy back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made in China, February 14, 2012
Just as a warning, unlike most other Nylabone products, this bone is made in China. I don't buy any chew toys made in a country without regulatory standards (China) and therefore will be returning this item. Big let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nylabone's a cost savings investment, February 28, 2011
Having had pit bulls for years, I know from experience that providing something that they cannot chew up or try to swallow whole in just a few seconds has been expensive and tedious. I would buy the largest other brand chew bones and they would still devour them....even tug toys. I was introduced to Nylabone when I "sat" for someone's dog's while they were gone. They had had the smaller, thin Nylabone for YEARS. After 3 years, it was finally down to a two inch nub. (Granted time that it would get lost here and there). I selected the Dental Chew because it was thick and states besides cleaning the teeth, it would satisfy their chewing desire as one was chewing up her bed blankets. After several weeks,the Dental Chew Nylabone shows evidence that it is has been chewed on but it is still 100% in tact! I expect this one to last years also.

3.0 out of 5 stars durable, July 24, 2010
xenofan (Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
My little dachshund/maltese mix has destroyed many of the chew toys I have brought for her to gnaw at. Gladly, so far, this product has withstood her eager efforts to chew it to pieces (and she's had it for about two weeks now). Until I brought her the nylabone dinosaur a few days back, this was her favorite chew toy - now it's her second favorite.

I prefer offering my dog nylabone products to chew, rather than a hard bone because I believe they are safer for her. I appreciate not having to worry that she might eat small pieces that might cause her a stomach upset or worse. The product does not leave a mess of little pieces all over the floor after she's been chewing on it. Something to watch for - when I first gave my dog this toy, after she'd had it for about an hour, she chewed one of the edges into a sharp point and caught her mouth on it. It made her bleed a little. To ensure the toy remained safe, we filed the sharp edge away and gave it back to her. We have had no problems with the toy since then.

I am going to give the Nylabone Pro Action Advanced K-9 Dental Device - Medium three stars for two reasons: Firstly, because the edge became sharp and cut her slightly, and secondly because my dog doesn't really seem to enjoy gnawing at the middle (orange) portion of the toy. She likes the nylabone dinosaur much more, so when she needs something new to chew on, I will buy her another one of those instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate Lab's Christmas Wishlist, November 19, 2011
We continue to buy this chew toy for our dog because he loves to chew and play. He'll chew it everyday, sometimes he wants to play with it, then he'll fall asleep on it. He picks it up, tips his head back so that gravity keeps the chew toy in his mouth while he chews. Pretty smart dog! It's one of his favorites so he's getting another one for Christmas. I recommend it to any dog-lovers who have dogs that chew and who wants their dogs to keep their teeth clean. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not what I expected............, September 4, 2010
Ashley's Mom. (Northridge, California) - See all my reviews
I just received the Nylabones, (2 since I have 2 big dogs). My one dog took it and chewed it for about 5 minutes. The other one took it in her mouth, walked away and dropped it. I couldn't understand since the description said it had a natural bacon flavor. This to me would make a dog want to chew it and it would be an incentive. I don't think it has a bacon flavor at all. It didn't smell like bacon so I put my tongue on it. There was no bacon flavor that I could detect. It only taste like nylabone or a rubbery plasticy taste. No wonder my dogs had no interest in it.

I was very disappointed since I thought, for sure, this would entice them to chew it and clean their teeth and be good exercise for the gums.

If things should change I will come back and revise this review but, as it stands now, it doesn't look very promising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bone EVER (according to my Airedale), August 18, 2010
My Airedale is a power chewer. This bone satisfies her desire to naw on things when she has the urge. We have given her these type of Nylabone chew bones for 4 years (since she was a pup) and only now is the vet recommending we have her teeth cleaned. They last approximately one month for her so I stock up when the price is right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little chewers, September 21, 2009
This review is from: Nylabone Proaction Dog Dental Chew, Small (Misc.)
I have a 6 1/2 lb dog that LOVES to chew different kinds of bones. I got this one to try with him and it is now one of his favorites. It is small enough that he can get it into the back of his mouth and chew to his little hearts content.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control, even worse customer service., March 28, 2014
Received one a few months ago which had glued ends, this one the ends swivel (using only 1 finger) and feel like they could be easily chewed off.

Called nylabone to complain and they said I have to ship the bone to them at my expense (they don't reimburse shipping nor do they provide a shipping label).

1 Star for lack of quality control and POOR customer service they were very short and said I could send it at my expense or deal with it. My dog is big $, no way will I let him play $10 defective bone and possibly choke on the ends.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is Made in China - I Would Avoid the Ones with Dyed Parts, January 28, 2014
My dog became very sick after eating a Nylabone chew toy with red sections. All of the Nylabone chew toys I bought came from China, and I won't buy them anymore. That said, she has a few Nylabone chew toys without any dyed parts on them, i.e. whitish bones, and has not gotten sick from them. So I haven't thrown them out. However, as for future ingestible chew toys, I'm sticking to American-made products. NOTE: Nylabone Healthy Edibles treats (not chew toys) are made in the U.S., and my dogs love them.

Nylabone Proaction Dog Dental Chew, Small