4.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 3 ain't bad
b: ignored the white durachew bone
c: devoured the edible chew bacon bone

Published on August 10, 2011 by soy.de

1.0 out of 5 stars My dog is in surgery as i type this
As I type this my 6 month old labradoodle puppy is cut open on the surgical table. He was rushed into emergency surgery to remove a chunk of nylabone that was blocking his intestine. This product may kill your dog.
Published 7 months ago by Will

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 3 ain't bad, August 10, 2011
soy.de (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
I got my 3 month old puppy this starter set. Like most reviewers, my puppy:
a: chewed on the flexi-chew chicken bone for a long time
b: ignored the white durachew bone
c: devoured the edible chew bacon bone

I will definitely buy her the flexi-chew bones. People are right about the pieces breaking off in chunks larger than `rice' size, but the package says that "rice-sized pieces should pass." I don't think that means it will break in rice-sized pieces; it means that in the event a rice-sized piece breaks off and the dog swallows it, it should pass...should I type rice-sized piece one more time? I just did. My pup chewed off pieces that were consistently larger than rice-sized (Oh! Did it again!) and spent a good 5min. trying to chew each piece down if I could not stick my fingers in her throat to grab it. I crate my pup and would not let her have this bone in the crate because of the pieces that break off. Also, it is down to a size that would easily fit in her mouth so that she could attempt to swallow, which means it is going in the garbage for a brand new one.

The white durachew bone will be saved for when she has her adult teeth and wants to chew on something forever.

The edible bacon bone will be left in the wind since she gets treats as it is. I was honestly thinking, "WTF?" when she crushed it in 5min until I realized it was the edible chew. She loved it, but it might've spoiled her dinner...probably not, but still...it's funny to think that.

Anyway, is it worth it to get this pack? Yes. One Nylabone is about $4. You get this pack for about $7. If your pup doesn't go for the durachew now, s/he will in a month or 2 (depending on age). You can also see how your pup reacts to the bacon bone: okay potties or loose potties. Then, you have an idea of where you should you invest your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars My dog is in surgery as i type this, December 3, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter!!, April 5, 2005
J. L. Mould (Milwaukee, Wi United States) - See all my reviews
The Nylabone chews are wonderful for your puppy for about 1 month. We bought a border collie who just loves to chew and for the 1st month these were perfect for him to start chewing those (Not our shoes, hands, etc.) Once your puppy is about 2 months you might want to get him/her a different style of bone because the beacon flavors once break apart into a million pieces all over the floor. So we had to up grade our pup to an adult chew. But these are great to get your pup started!

1.0 out of 5 stars plastic chew, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit (Grocery)
Puppy didn't care for this. Older dog chews on it. Not sure how much gets chewed up and digested. Not too crazy about this.

1.0 out of 5 stars My dog choked on the Edible Bone, November 27, 2011
Ness (brooklyn, ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit (Grocery)
Warning to other dog owners: the edible Nylabones are extremely dangerous for dogs with a big & greedy appetite. My dog swallowed it whole within 30 seconds of giving it to her and choked on it. She was fully unconscious before I could dislodge the bone and breathe into her nose to bring her back to life... We almost lost her over this bone. If your dog is a greedy chewer or eater, then please don't buy edible Nylabones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shattered his tooth!, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit (Grocery)
The edible bone in this package shattered my puppy's tooth to the root and the vet bill was over $550.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Hard, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit (Grocery)
There was no flexibility in these at all, So hard I was afraid after reading other reviews that my dog would break a tooth so I threw them away. There are "flexible" chews for sale, I worry much less with those in his mouth.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY: DOGS CANNOT DIGEST THIS AND MAY DIE, June 14, 2013
Caroline Schneider (Center Moriches, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit (Grocery)
These can get stuck in thier stomach which can cause vomiting & diarrhea and even death. Stay away from this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, September 28, 2013
D. Hirsh (Aliso Viejo, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit (Grocery)
I thought this product was designed to keep the interest of puppy's to prevent them from wanting to chew other items in the house. My newfoundland puppy found these items to be uninteresting and not very tasteful. She hardly ever chew on them because they lack flavor. This is a wast of money and I do not recommend this item for any breed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pups don't like it., March 27, 2013
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit (Grocery)
My dogs love anything they can chew... EXCEPT these. I do not know why. Maybe because they don't smell right? I even tried soaking them and it didn't work. Not sure what to do with them now.

Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Kit