Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone
|Price:||$5.67 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$3.32 (37%)|
- DuraChew toys are made to be long lasting for powerful chewers
- Bristles raised during chewing help clean teeth and control plaque and tartar
- Provides long-lasting entertainment; fights boredom
- Satisfies your dog's natural urge to chew
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: Wolf/Medium | Package Type: Standard Packaging
From the Manufacturer
Good dental health routines are important for keeping your dog healthy and happy.
Beginning with our first chew toy in 1955, our goal at Nylabone is to make furry tails wag for the highest-quality chew toys, best long-lasting edible chews, and most innovative dental solutions in the world. Nylabone—the leader in safe, healthy chewing since 1955—is a family-operated company with a history of helping pet parents take the best possible care of their companion animals. At Nylabone we know that every dog is different, and we are committed to developing the very best solutions to your pet’s needs, whatever they may be.
We love to hear how Nylabone families use our products to solve problems like destructive chewing, separation anxiety, and poor dental health, helping their dogs live fuller, happier lives. Recommended by veterinarians, Nylabone manufactures chew toys and edible chews in many styles and sizes, so there is a Nylabone chew toy or edible chew for every dog. Nylabone’s products promote good canine dental hygiene, enhance overall mental fitness, redirect destructive chewing and other problem behaviors, and generally encourage a positive pet–parent relationship.
To put it simply, Nylabone Chews Best!
Why Does Canine Dental Health Matter?
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), an estimated 80 percent of dogs have some form of periodontal disease by the age of two. In fact, tooth and gum disease is the most common clinical condition among adult dogs. Unfortunately, it is too often ignored or overlooked because its only early sign is bad breath.
Plaque forms naturally after eating and can easily be removed by brushing. When not removed regularly, however, it can harden into tartar, which requires professional dental care.
Here are some other dental considerations:
- Foods: Certain foods will cause your dog to accumulate plaque and tartar more quickly. Canned food, for example, is notorious for building up on teeth and gums especially quickly. Feeding your pet crunchy kibble and natural snacks like raw carrots is much better for his teeth than feeding him wet food exclusively. But it is important to know that even dry food can lead to dental problems without regular dental care.
- Senior dogs: The older your dog is, the more he needs you to help him care for his teeth. Without proper care, many older dogs experience tooth loss, which can lead to problems with chewing and appetite as well as behavioral changes.
- Toy breeds and brachycephalic dogs: Toy breeds and brachycephalic dogs (those with 'pushed-in' faces, like Boston Terriers and Pugs) have special dental challenges. Their teeth are often crowded or missing, and small dogs especially tend not to be chewers, an activity necessary for strong, healthy teeth. Luckily, even small dogs can enjoy good dental health if they are provided the right care and incentives.
Nylabone Chews Best!
Nylabone helps you establish a positive dental health routine for your dog, with edible dental chews, a full range of oral care supplies, and chew toys that leave your dog with cleaner teeth. Whether you’re hunkering down to brush your dog’s teeth, setting him up for a chewing session, or giving him a mouth-friendly snack, Nylabone chew toys and edible chews help keep your dog’s smile healthy and his breath fresh.
Always be sure to match dental products to your dog’s size and chewing strength, and keep an eye on him when he’s chewing to make sure that large pieces of chew toys aren’t being chewed off and swallowed. Take worn or chewed-through chew toys away from your dog promptly and replace them with new ones. Human toothpaste and mouthwash are hazardous to dogs, so always use canine-specific dental supplies.
Nylabone offers the following dental solutions to help keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy:
- Advanced Oral Care dental products
- Dental Chew chew toys
- Nutri Dent Complete edible dental chews
|Dog Weight||Puppy||Up to 15 lbs.||Up to 25 lbs.||Up to 35 lbs.||Up to 50 lbs.||50+ lbs.|
|Chew Size||Be sure to select the right-size chew for your puppy by referring to individual puppy package guidelines.||Petite/X-Small||Regular/Small||Wolf/Medium||Giant/Large||Souper/X-Large|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:40 Mins|
Update: 45 minutes in and there are bite marks on the toy, but he still hasn't gotten any chunks off. A new record!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My dog loves these and they last forever. She can power through most dog toys in a matter of days, but these bones never seem to break down. Read morePublished 2 days ago by John Byrnes
This will last a long time, even if your dog is an aggressive chewer. Very nice product and occupies our dog.Published 5 days ago by Mrs. C
The price was great and like almost every Nylabone product I've gotten, the quality is great. My dog just doesn't particularly care for this bone.Published 8 days ago by Kara