4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but know, that...
Published on November 22, 2010 by BGar

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading size
Published on January 9, 2012 by Rhonda

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading size, January 9, 2012
This review is from: Nylabone Puppy Teething Pacifier Chew Toy, Extra-Small for Puppies up to 15lbs (Misc.)
This item says it is an extra small toy. Well, I have a two pound Yorkie and this toy is almost as big as she is. The toy is 6" long and my dog is 10" long so the toy is literally half her size. Ad is very miss leading. The pacifier itself is 4.5". She can't even put the ring in her mouth without the pacifier and bone dragging on the floor. I expected something a little bit more tiny when I buy and extra small. This toy is more for a 10-15# dog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but know, that..., November 22, 2010
I purchased this one for my 10 wk old chihuahua pup who's not a terribly aggressive chewer unless he's in active playtime. He's about a pound in weight at the moment and will be about 6lbs at maturity. These were harder than the clear flexi-bone he occasionally (only if I encourage playtime), and slightly gummier in texture than the really really hard dura-chew, which don't work for me at all.
It was also too large, although it said "puppy pacifier" and in my experience they were too hard for him at this stage, but I will save to offer in later months. I have now realized that although it comes in different sizes, the size in inches or at all were not specified. I got the one labeled "small".
Pros:
-Bacon scent is only obvious if toy is held right up to your nose, which is pleasantly discreet.
-Great if your dog is a very aggressive chewer.

If you have a small toy breed (1lb-5lb), this toy may be too large and/or hard.

Update at 2nd birthday: The toy is still laying around, and he shows absolutely no interest in this at all. He is now a full 6lbs and likes lighter toys, although size is no issue, but the only Nylabone product he has shown a very slight occasional interest in is the clear Gumabone. It's still around and almost intact minus a few dents as well.
These are really for aggressive chewers these hard nylabone toys. Also, hard=weighty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy Loves It!, August 23, 2010
This is a great toy! My 3 1/2 mo. old Welsh Corgi puppy loves it, along with several other nylabone products. Unlike some of the other toys out there, it's holding together well and gives him hours - literally! - of chewing pleasure. Which gives me hours of relief from barking and other signs of puppy frustration. This, along with his nylabone keys and triple rings, are constant companions...and the older dogs like them too...although, I'm not certain this is a good thing as it incites puppy barking when they steal it from him... ;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not believe that ingesting plastic is good for my puppy!, May 18, 2011
Rena Holcomb (Hagerstown, IN United States) - See all my reviews
I have a Boston Terrier and since she is teething, was hoping this would be a good "chew" toy. I was wrong. In less than a month, Trixie has destroyed this toy and, I am afraid, digested several bits of plastic. I hate spending money on junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why?, February 26, 2011
Why are so many toys and other pet products coming in from countries that have little or no regard for animals? These values are reflected in the poor quality and often dangerous repercussions. I seem to remember kidney failure from melamine (sp?) in dog food killed thousands!!! I read that these are made in the US but can shred and that sharp shards can end up in dog's digestive tract. If this is true, why are people using them?! I returned mine. I generally give unwanted toys and supplies to the shelters but don't think they are safe enough for the shelter angels.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our dog's favorite chew toys, September 25, 2010
It's hard to find a chew toy that your dog actually likes. Not sure if it's the texture or the right firmness or the color or the design or what. But, whatever it is, she seems to like this toy. And since it doesn't take up a ton of space, it's easy to carry along side of her. That's good news, b/c she's growing up FAST!

1.0 out of 5 stars This toy is NOT extra small!, February 1, 2012
I ordered this puppy teething pacifier for my small 1.5 pound Maltese puppy who is teething. The toy is NOT "Extra-Small" as advertised. The toy is too big for my puppy to even get in his mouth. My 3.5 pound Yorkie is almost too small for it also.

3.0 out of 5 stars awfully big & awfully hard, May 29, 2013
Bought one for a 9 1/2 week old American Eskimo standard puppy. He weighs 6 1/2 pounds.
One piece of the toy is just about the size of his front leg, & about as long as his head. It's not so big that he can't get his mouth around it, certainly, but could definitely be smaller; I can't imagine how a youngster of one of the really small breeds could get much use out of this.
Also, I expected the pieces to be softer than the traditional Nylabone, but they don't seem to be (granted, I've never gnawed on this or the old fashioned kind...). I'm somewhat concerned about the puppy chewing on this with his little puppy needle teeth.

So: seems too hard, too big. I don't feel comfortable leaving it with him.

edit:
by the time he was about 4months old, he'd grown into it & it went into the toy pile. He plays with it as much as the others in the 'bottom half' of his toy collection; the ones that arent' his faves but he drags out every now 'n' then like he just discovered it for the first time. upgraded to 3 stars from 1, but probably still wouldn't recommend for baby teeth; he's got his big-boy fangs now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Hit!, July 16, 2009
I just bought these and my puppy loves them! Nylabone always as great products, and these are great for puppy chewing. They are scented like beef/liver, and my puppy chews and chews on them! We call them "puppy keys!" They are well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 16, 2014
Just as I'd expected the toy to be. Looks like it'll last a lifetime with the small breed we have, might not last too long if buying for a large breed.

ARRAY(0x9086dbb8)