Most helpful positive review
11 of 12 people found the following review helpful
O by Omarion
on April 1, 2005
Omarion has been with the music industry for a good 5 years now, but he popped on the scene with a group by the name of B2K, B2K had been a big hit, until they had broke up at the end of the 2003 Year, after the second hit album Pandemonium. Now there aren't very many signs that B2K is getting back together, but that didn't stop the lead singer Omarion to make his Solo Album Debut O. O is the first Solo Album from Omarion without the help of his B2K buddies. This is how I feel Omarion did on his average Solo Debut.
1. I wish- This song is fantastic, and a very great Album Opener, it has a good meaning and is just joy to listen to, it is definately one of my favorites on the album. 10/10.
2. Touch- Said to be Omarion's second single, this would make an extremely good single, and with the beat produced by the Neptunes, you know that it would be a hit..an excellent song, and very nice sexy song from Omarion right here for the ladies! 10/10
3. O- Well O is obviously the single that had me to buy the Album. I thouht the Song was great, and definately put Omarion's Vocal abilities on the map. This song was just pure singing..the beat actually did nothing for me. A really well made track here! 10/10
4. I'm Tryna- This is said to be Omarions third single, but I would question this song as a single, but since it is Omarion, it may do well, but if it was someone else it wouldn't do well. I am not really feelin' this song all that much, the beat is just to plain, and the lyrics are kind of childish so Kind of a Lame filler track to me. 5/10
5. Drop that Heater- Wow how sexy this song is! The Beat was produced by Rodney Jerkins(the same person who produced Destiny's Child's "Loose My Breath". So you know that the song is Hot! This would definatly make a great single, once again the lyrics are kind of Childish, but the production on the track makes up for it, and also Omarions Vocals. 9/10
6. Growing Pains- A very Deep song here in my opinion, very very very nice production on this track, the production is so nice and sensual, and the lyrics and Omarions voice is extremely good! And I like the Message he is talking about, and it is really catchy. Would make an Excellent Single, and one of the best on the Album. 10/10
7. Take it Off- Another track with a Club Banger beat. This song is really nasty and Sexy...I LOVE IT! This is my favorite song on the Album, and has Single potential written all over it, if it were a single it would definately be a hit..I know that for a fact! Great Job on this Omarion Great Lyrics(aside from the cussing) and great Vocals. 10/10
8. Never Gonna Let you go(She's a Keepa) Feat. Big Boi- O My gosh! I cant stand this song, I really can't it is by far the worst song on the Album in my opnion. The beat is extremely annoying, and omarions high pitched voice is really annoying. The only thing good about this song are the lyrics, the lyrics are above alot of other songs on his album, but other than that it isn't worthy. Alot of People like this song, and think it is great, it was even supposed to be his first single but they changed it to O, which I was extremely happy about. This song would have done nothing for album sales. Horrible Horrilbe song, and an Album Filler. 2/10.
9. I Know- Very nice Sexy song once again. A very nice like Japense Beat. Very mature lyrics and whatnot. A very good song from Omarion here, and very nice vocals. The only complaint I have about the song is it is kind of like Preppy. He is all like, I know that I want me, and that you need me and I am better than him. But other than that it is a very awesome song. Single Potential. 8/10
10. I'm Gon Change- This is by far one of the best songs on the Album. An extremely Mature song. Heck it is the most mature song on the Album. I Think his older brother Marques Houston helped him with this one. It really sounds like a song he would make. It is a very nice song, and just a great song to listen to. 10/10.
11. In the Dark- This is also a song where Omarions vocals just take it, the beat really doesn't do anything. Obviously the title kind of tells you that the song would be about Sex, and that is correct. It is about sex, and a very nice sex song at that, very mature lyrics once again. Very Nice sensual song. 9/10.
12. Slow Dancin'- Another Slow Song off the Album, and not a very great one, but it isn't bad. Omarion just sounds kind of wierd and just seems like he doesnt want to sing this song. And he doesn't sound like himself. I do like the lyrics, but the beat and his vocals just make the song kind of sad, but it has a pretty good chorus though, which pretty much saves the song. But once again it's not bad, but it's not good, just average. 6/10
13. Fiening You- This song kind of has a beat like I know, which is once again extremely good. The lyrics are very mature and whatnot, but Omarions Vocals once again sound really odd, but it doesnt sound bad. A good way to end the album off, not the best song on the album, but far from the least. 8/10
107/130= 82% Which is a B average. Not to Shabby for a solo album I must say.
Omarion wanted to Prove that he was all grown up on this album, and wanted to prove that he is not a teenage icon anymore. He wants to show that he is a grown man, and can be just as a good singer, and have a good album like anyone else. I say it was a very good Effore from Omarion, and I am looking foward to more of his Work.
Top Songs on O:
I'm gon' change
Drop that Heater
Take it off
Those 6 songs were the TOP! Highlight of the Album, I would Recommend this album for anyone. Weather if you are a party goer, or just want to relax, this Album has it all, you will be suprised what Omarion can do to impress his listeners.