5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Little Fan
Pros: It folds up, is small, has a stand, can be positioned at different angles, is very quiet, uses only two D batteries, low price, lightweight.

Con: Good for one person only, so buy one for yourself and one for your significant other, because when you're out in the kayak with your sweetie in the summer, you'll be fighting over this COOL little fan...
Published on June 15, 2011 by Karen Emmons

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT durable, blade speed pulsates, DO NOT BUY
Published on March 4, 2012 by Travelpro07

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Little Fan, June 15, 2011
Karen Emmons (Cape Coral, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black) (Misc.)

Con: Good for one person only, so buy one for yourself and one for your significant other, because when you're out in the kayak with your sweetie in the summer, you'll be fighting over this COOL little fan!

You can also order the adapter to use it as a plug-in, which is a good idea, because it's nice for the bathroom or night table.

There's also a larger version, but it takes eight D batteries and not as convenient as a portable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little fan, June 26, 2009
JenB (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black) (Misc.)
Bought this fan for work. I'm a 'mature woman' and in the middle of that special time in my life. I can prop this little fan up and cool myself off hands free when I'm charting. Runs great on 2 D cell batteries. Also took it camping. Mostly stays in my locker at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little fan, July 9, 2011
I have 2 of these in my mini greenhouse and turn them on in the morning, off in the evening.
They are semi protected from the outdoor elements and hold up better then I would have expected.
Using good quality batteries, they last about 4 days and provide plenty of air for my little
greenhouse.
I also have the 10'' version, but it's too much air for the confined space.

They are very quiet, and have 2 fan speeds. The fan can be adjusted for tilt, you can lay it flat,
or straight up.

I got the white color since it's going to be outside and I do not want it to get hot in the sun.

If it works this well outside, in a small greenhouse with little weather protection, emagine how
it would be indoors!

The AC adapter is an optional item which you would have to order seperate, so dont expect one in
the box (there is a form in the box to fill out and mail order the AC adapter)

I have had these long enough to say that they are very reliable and do the job.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy fan, August 6, 2010
This review is from: Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black) (Misc.)
This fan is handy when you're stuck in a place that's hot and sticky and you have to spend time there. I keep it in my car. It's also very quiet and doesn't bother anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't live without this fan!, August 11, 2012
Brian Peelle (Orange County, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black) (Misc.)
I love this fan! We've had two for a few years now--one for working out at the gym (I get overheated really fast-this is such a blessing), and one for the bathroom when the hair dryer makes the room too hot, or after showering when its humid.

Here are some hints:
1. If using batteries, use alkaline or rechargeables. I use rechargeables (NiMH or Lithium-Ion). They last about 5-8 hours on a charge. Alkalines would last much longer.
2. If using overnight on a regular basis, use an adapter. You can't expect batteries to run for hours night after night. Some people rated it down, not understanding the power used to turn a fan.
3. If you use batteries, remove the little screw. Yes, it is annoying, but it isn't needed. The battery cover slides and clicks locked without the screw. Leave it off.

I have dropped mine several times at the gym off the treadmill. It flies apart and the batteries fall out. I just reassemble it in about 30 seconds, and get back to exercising. Very durable. And quiet. And moves a nice amount of air for one person. Be aware that it does not oscillate (which is fine).
Great ideas for uses in the comments. At the gym on the treadmill/bike, upside down tucked into the sun visor of the car, at the desk at work, on the nightstand, when tent camping, at the beach in a cabana, etc., etc. Wow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product for the price, November 29, 2011
I needed a battery operated fan for work. I was plesantly surprised at the power and breeze offered by this small fan and I have been using it for over two weeks now and the battery is still going strong! Love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT durable, blade speed pulsates, DO NOT BUY, March 4, 2012
This review is from: Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black) (Misc.)
Hello, I never write reviews - but I had to say something about this piece of crap; since they took me for two of these and the AC power adapter. I travel and used this fan with me in hotels. It was the perfect size which is why I bought it. After a month or so I noticed the fan speed would pulsate, i.e. speed up then slow down. I thought this was because my batteries weren't strong enough. SO I ordered the AC power adapter. This did not fix the problem, which continued to get worse. Hey it was only $15 at Wal-Mart, so I bought another one - thinking I got a dud motor. WRONG, after a couple months of use the next one started doing the same thing. Also it is POORLY constructed. The side switch gets loose after a few months - the AC power adapter that O2 cool sent me started making poor contact with the recepticle after a couple of WEEKS!! This fan is a piece of crap - if you plan on using it for more than a couple weeks out of the year then go for it - but if your looking for something that lasts, THIS IS NOT IT. Like I said I never review products, but this thing made me so mad I felt I needed to warn others!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Can fall over easily, but is INDESTRUCTABLE!, July 4, 2011
This review is from: Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black) (Misc.)
This thing has endured lots of abuse and has been dropped on the floor countless times. The plastic fan guard sometimes pops off but it snaps right back on and works perfectly. The only downside is that the base isnt very wide, and it falls over easily, and it would be nice if it had a little wider range of motion downwards; sometimes I cant aim it down far enough. I have the AC adapter, and its nice to have the option for D batteries as well, for portability or a power outage. It gives a good breeze that reaches a good distance. I wish it had some sort of clip so it could be mounted somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan, June 4, 2011
This is a grate Fan + Price .. if you need Battery Power or AC Power .. Blows the air & Slim for it size .. ***** stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, lightweight, works fine, September 1, 2009
This review is from: Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black) (Misc.)
Bought an AC adapter at Radio Shack -- have not tried it with batteries. Not particularly powerful but moves enough air to keep cool. If you buy a Radio Shack AC adapter, you'll want the 3 Volt, 700mAmp adapter, but take the fan to the store to get the correct fitting out of the dozen or so sizes. A higher amperage might be better and buying from the dealer might be cheaper, but I was in a hurry.

Portable Battery-Operated Fan (Black)
$9.99 $9.16