Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

Portable Battery-Operated Fan in BLACK, 5 In
Package Quantity: 1Color: BlackChange
Price:$11.10+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 15, 2011
Pros: It folds up, is small, has a stand, can be positioned at different angles, is very quiet, uses only two D batteries, low price, lightweight.

Con: Good for one person only, so buy one for yourself and one for your significant other, because when you're out in the kayak with your sweetie in the summer, you'll be fighting over this COOL little fan!

You can also order the adapter to use it as a plug-in, which is a good idea, because it's nice for the bathroom or night table.

There's also a larger version, but it takes eight D batteries and not as convenient as a portable.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 25, 2007
Despite its compact size, cute name, and skinny blades, this fan is a surprisingly serious air-mover.

The reason is that the almost delicate-looking blades are steeply raked and at either speed (think "high" and "higher") they deliver a tightly focused breeze. The tradeoff is turbulence-induced noise from higher fan tip speed (perhaps also from their interaction with the spiral outlet guide vanes).

The cooling effect is quite directional, with a narrow sweet spot. At arm's length it concentrates cooling air on face and neck without buffeting paperwork in your hands. It may be more breeze than you want, but in a hot climate or without air conditioning, it might be just the thing.

Unlike style-first, whisper-quiet desk fans designed to disappear into the background, this little fan is a throwback: it just likes to move air.
on August 11, 2011
This is one of the best purchases I've made. Bought the first one at Walmart for $5. I liked it so much I bought a few more at Amazon for $7. Even at $12 I would highly recommend it. Battery life is excellent. One set of batteries lasted one week using it every night. My husband has used it on trips to Haiti where there is no electricity and we've used them in the Dominican Republic. More locally I've used them camping.
on June 26, 2009
Bought this fan for work. I'm a 'mature woman' and in the middle of that special time in my life. I can prop this little fan up and cool myself off hands free when I'm charting. Runs great on 2 D cell batteries. Also took it camping. Mostly stays in my locker at work.
on July 9, 2011
I have 2 of these in my mini greenhouse and turn them on in the morning, off in the evening.
They are semi protected from the outdoor elements and hold up better then I would have expected.
Using good quality batteries, they last about 4 days and provide plenty of air for my little
greenhouse.
I also have the 10'' version, but it's too much air for the confined space.

They are very quiet, and have 2 fan speeds. The fan can be adjusted for tilt, you can lay it flat,
or straight up.

I got the white color since it's going to be outside and I do not want it to get hot in the sun.

If it works this well outside, in a small greenhouse with little weather protection, emagine how
it would be indoors!

The AC adapter is an optional item which you would have to order seperate, so dont expect one in
the box (there is a form in the box to fill out and mail order the AC adapter)

I have had these long enough to say that they are very reliable and do the job.

Highly recommended.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 10, 2008
I purchased one of these fans, but they accidentally sent me two of the fans in the mail. The first fan I tried was terrible. The air flow from the fan was very weak. It also made a lot of noise and vibrated a lot. The second fan I tried worked much better. It was nice and quiet. The air flow was much stronger. When I look at the bad fan I saw that its fan blades were pressing against the motor housing. This fan works well if it is built correctly, but it appears that the quality for this company is inconsistent.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This fan is very good for those folks who only get hot periodically and it's GREAT for those women (like me) who are bobbing past the half-century marker and are hot all the time. This fan is fairly light weight, especially given that it has two D-size batteries. It folds for compact use. I take it to class (I'm a teacher) and it sits hidden behind a few books on my desk or inside a podium (the angle is easily adjusted). The fan is extremely quiet, it makes almost no noise (except when folding - more on that in a minute). The batteries last forever. I use this fan a lot and I've only had to change the batteries once (in four months). The fan has two speeds, a low speed for everyday, "Gee, it's quite warm in here," and a high speed for those times when you're tempted to scream, "I'm melting!"

I have two minor complaints. First, when you fold the fan flat for transporting, the mechanism is extremely LOUD. People in the next room can hear me fold up my fan. You would never dream that something so small could make that much noise. Maybe it's only my fan that makes such a racket. Your fan may not have the noise or the noise may not "bug" you as much as it bugs me. Second, while it is possible to plug the fan into the wall with an AC adaptor, the fan doesn't come with one.
on July 21, 2008
I use this in the car on hot days and have been using it for a few weeks now. So far so good.

What I like about it:

--It's good at moving the air and creating a nice breeze, even on low speed
--It's quiet, even on high speed
--It can be used with rechargeable batteries, and because it takes batteries, that makes it great during a summertime power outage which is another reason I bought it
--You can aim it (up or down angles)
--AC power option (have to provide your own adapter)
--It's cheap!
--Shipped fast

What I don't like about it:

--Because of the batteries, it's pretty heavy for it's size, so not easily portable
--Made of a cheap-feeling plastic
--You can aim it but the plastic clicks pretty loudly while doing so
--It's a little big, which is technically a pro and con for me; bigger means more air moving, which is great, but it also means I can't easily store it where I use it (in the car)
--Shipping cost rivaled the cost of the fan itself and the package wasn't adequately padded

All said, I'm pretty happy with this fan and plan to buy another as a backup.
on August 6, 2010
This fan is handy when you're stuck in a place that's hot and sticky and you have to spend time there. I keep it in my car. It's also very quiet and doesn't bother anybody.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I originally purchased this fan for a comping trip at the end of June. 2 "D" cell batteries were all it took and it was up and running, withing about 5 feet you could feel the air being moved when it was on the high setting. On low, you could feel the air move at about 2-3 feet. Not a very quiet fan, though once outside the tent you couldn't hear the fan at all. Battery life is ASTOUNDING. I put the batteries in the day I received it and they still power it a month later (at roughly 1 1/2 hours a day, that puts it at over 30 hrs use)
My wife liked it enough to buy one when we hit town for some touristy stuff.
Overall, I would say that you honestly couldn't find a better battery operated fan for the price and possibly for four times the price. I would recommend this fan to any camper or boater.