Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Package Quantity: 1Color: AssortedChange

on June 14, 2013
I'm a merchandiser and I'm constantly walking from one end of the store to the other, organizing stock, and placing product. I also tend to sweat a lot more than my co-workers. I used to fan myself every chance I got and I would have to sit down and rest even though I had all the energy in the world--I was just so uncomfortable!

This fan is a life-saver. I keep it on all morning and it rarely gets in my way while I'm working. Keeping my face and head cool tends to keep the rest of my body cool as well. It's quiet and I only turn it off if I'm really straining to hear something. I'm ordering a second one for my co-worker and my manager is considering buying some for the whole support team. I live in Florida, so it can get HOT.

This product is absolutely great. 5/5
on June 29, 2014
Just found this at Bed Bath & Beyond for cheaper ($7.99 plus a 20% off coupon). I suffer from severe hot flashes intermittently and it's embarrassing and uncomfortable -- my face is usually dripping wet. This little fan is a LIFESAVER!! I took it on to NYC to see a play today and it really helped while waiting for the hot train. I also had it around my neck in the theater and used it in the theatre during the play on and off and It's pretty quiet and blows out a really good stream of Air.

Also used it during a hot cab ride! I highly recommend. I keep it around my neck in the house and helps me cool off quickly from my debilitating hot flashes.
on May 11, 2013
I received this wonderful fan as a gift. I absolutely love the purple one and don't want to go anywhere without it just in case I get a hot flash. It is very convenient as it can be worn around the neck and/or stored in the purse. I have received many compliments and inquiries about the 02 Cool Necklace fan. While at the salon, it keeps me cool while I'm getting my hair or nails done. I wear it while picking up flowers at the nursery. It keeps me comfortable and cool as I browse in the warm sun. I wear it while teaching and cooking and shopping. I will take it with me when I go on vacation this summer. Whenever I wear it, someone always ask about it and wants one.
I sought it on Amazon and was surprised at the price. I would have purchased several in various colors, but didn't want to pay $4.99 shipping for each one. I hope Amazon decides to offer it on Prime.
It is battery operated requiring 2 AA batteries. That's fine with me due to its portability.
on October 25, 2013
OK, so my friend and I are at her granddaughter's tennis match, and she turns to me and says, quietly, "I'm about to die of the heat, we may have to leave." I readily admit to having a signifigant attraction to gadgets. I had two of these fans in my in my bag, and I handed her one. She looked blank. OK, so they're not ragingly chic, glue rhinestones on it or something.

Just put it on, and turn it on.

So the match ended and we went to her car. As she started the car, she got an evil grin on her face and said, "I love you like a sister, but you're NOT getting this fan back.

You'll want more than one. These people make a lot or really clever, very useful stuff. They are one of my "go to" gift sources. Every one who I give them to just loves them.
on December 18, 2014
I am a LPN who works in a home care setting. The house I work in is very warm. They keep their heat up so high. What makes things worse is I'm moving around doing things for my patient. The first week I worked there I thought I was going to burst into flames. I didn't think I'd be able to stay on the case. So first I bought one of those pretty Asian fans to help myself. That didn't help because I still had to use both hands. So I found this lil fan and man oh man it helped me so much!! It was like a miracle. When I move the fan moves with me. I love it because it doesn't blow on my patient it blows up in my face. This is a must have!
on September 1, 2013
When going to the gym to work out I always get so warm. This has been a God send. No more sweat dripping from my face.
on June 29, 2015
The air this produces is rather slight but it's still enough that if you are sweating it will cool you off somewhat.

I purchased two and one had a extra battery coil instead of a flat plate for the positive charge. It still works but that's some sloppy workmanship.
review image
on June 18, 2012
I just bought this little fan because I am in menapause and when a hot flash comes on, watch out, I can go from cool to a firecracker hot in seconds. I took this little fan with me to the movies the other night and it work WONDERS!! Theaters can be a little stuffy to me anyway, there is not enought air flow movement. This little fan I kept on almost the whole movie. I did have to turn it off on silent parts of the movie because in silence it sounds loud. In regular noise or conversation, you can barely hear it. I so love this fan, its flat, lightweight and so compact I can keep it in my small purse and just pull it out when necessary.
I have only had it for a couple days and will re-write next month and see if it still is working as well as it is now :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2014
I LOVE this thing! I've bought them for friends, too. I use it when I'm playing in concert bands-----keeps me cool under the lights!
on June 17, 2015
This fan has two components that factor into my review: the fan itself and the lanyard. The fan itself is pretty good at keeping cool air moving onto my face/neck area. It's reasonably lightweight for its size and not so obtrusive as to make you look like a dork. (Although if something is keeping me cool in this desert heat, I don't care if I look like a dork!) The fan is very quiet and shouldn't bother others around you. It runs on 2 AA batteries (not included), and I've been pleased with how long they've lasted so far. I keep one in my purse and another in the house to keep me cool while cleaning, gardening, exercising, etc. I've also worn it to a couple of baseball games, and it certainly kept my face and neck cooler than they would have been otherwise.

Now on to the lanyard and the strange little bead that doesn't slide: This is actually a "breakaway" lanyard and is meant to be a safety feature. Apparently if you get the fan caught on something that could hurt you, the little bead pulls apart in the middle and separates the lanyard in two so you can pull free. Nice feature, right? But that doesn't help those of us who bought the fan thinking the lanyard could be adjusted easily with the bead. Well, the lanyard can be shortened in a couple of ways; both just take some time and effort.

The first way starts by separating the little breakaway bead in the middle. Use an "unscrewing" motion and rotate the halves in opposite directions until they move freely, then grip each half firmly and pull apart. Push each half away from the knotted lanyard end and tie a knot where you think would be best. Test the new length by holding the knots together at the back of your neck. After determining the best knot placement, cut the excess lanyard close to the knot and reconnect the bead halves.

The second way requires the use of a tiny Phillips screwdriver to remove the four tiny screws on the back of the fan. Separate the two halves of the fan carefully and cut the ends of the lanyard to the desired length, testing and knotting as described above. Reattach both halves with the tiny screws and you're done!

That said, I have to admit I chose to just tie a knot to shorten the lanyard. Once you cut it, you're stuck with that length. If later you decide you'd like it a bit longer, you're out of luck. It's much easier to adjust it by tying a knot that can be untied easily. I have to wonder how much more expensive it would have been to use a lanyard with a slider bead; I would be willing to pay a bit extra for that feature. All in all, though, it's a good little fan and I'm happy I bought it.