Published on October 26, 2012 by juri

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional but misleading
Published on September 17, 2012 by Denaeisawesome

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional but misleading, September 17, 2012
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
I bought this fan to clip to my daughter's stroller to keep her cool on hot walks. The fan does serve its purpose but not shown in the picture is that there is a cord that plugs into the back of the fan and then to a chunky/awkward battery pack. The battery pack can then be attached to the fan's clip, but that makes it too bulky. I also do not like having the cord dangling. To be fair it might be listed in the description, and I missed it. I would have chosen an different fan had I realized there was more to it than what is shown in the picture. It is OKAY for what I use it for, but not ideal. I do not recommend it for stroller use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small fan good breeze - batteries last long time-update as of 06-21-13, October 26, 2012
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
I needed a fan that ran on batteries. Use it 10 hours a day - two days a week. One set (2 each) "D" batteries have lasted 4 weeks and another 2 batteries lasted 6 weeks. Have used both speeds. Gives good breeze for where I need it without blowing everything off the work area. Clamp is cushioned and heavy and strong enough to fit on a metal shelf approximately 3/4" thick. Have recommended it and would buy again. Another plus: free shipping! UPDATE: Purchased another so I would not have to carry back and forth. Both fans working great! Maybe the person that didn't like the cord hanging down did not realize that the battery pack slides on the clamp and the cord could be gathered up or wrapped around it, thus eliminating the dangling cord. Hope this update helps. P. S. Batteries still lasting 5-6 weeks using it 10 hours a day - two days a week. I did order my batteries thru Amazon.com and they had a good long expiration date on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the gym!, December 28, 2012
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
This is an absolute must-buy for anyone who works out on a treadmill / elliptical / stationary bike / etc. I always wish I had air blowing on me when I'm working out at a gym, and the building's A/C never feels like enough. This fan fixes the problem! It clips right on to the elliptical I use, and the flexible fan lets me put it at the exact angle I need to keep me cool throughout my workout. It's also one of the few battery-operated clip fans out there, which is a must if your machine isn't near an outlet (and mine never seem to be). I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Design change.. no longer has cord and removable battery pack., July 3, 2014
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
We used these fans to clip onto our stroller for heat of the summer in disney world. Some older reviews showed a cord and a battery pack that most found annoying, I was expecting this and thought I could put the battery pack in the bottom of the stroller and it would be fine. But when I got it, it has changed in design and there is no longer a cord and removable battery pack. So it does make it harder to clip onto something since the battery pack is so heavy. But I ended up using zip ties and that helped it to stay upright onto the stroller and not fall over from the weight of the batteries. The batteries did last the entire week long trip to disney world so that was a plus. The fan is strong for a battery powered fan and my child cannot get his fingers in the guard. i had previously bought a stroller fan that had foam blade and he ripped the foam blades in a few hours, so this was a much better option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Battery Operated Fan for the price, June 10, 2014
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
I work as a Security Officer in Orlando, Florida and the heat/humidity definitely gets to you after a bit. One of my posts involves using my car as an "office" between foot patrols. In an effort to keep cool throughout the night and avoid using the car engine/battery, I looked into getting a battery powered fan with a clip so I could mount it on the visor in the car. This one seemed to fit the bill out of the few I found.

Pros:
- The 2 D cell batteries will last pretty long even with consistent use. I work anywhere from 9.5 to 13 hour shifts on average and have owned this now for 2+ weeks with no signs of low battery power yet. (Note that I do alternate between the high and low settings depending on my needs which helps conserve the power.)
- The fan has 2 speeds, low and high. Low = someone gently blowing on you. High = feels like someone fanning you with a folder at a decent pace, not sure how else to explain haha. Even with the fan a couple feet away you still get a nice solid breeze that helps keep you comfortable.
- Strong spring in the clip means the clip holds very well even when hanging and the rubber feet give it added grip.
- The plastic feels durable and seems like it will last a while.
- The fan head itself has a decent range of motion so you can position it to your liking and the ring around the head's base where it pivots can be tightened or loosened so that the fan doesn't move around during operation and will stay in place.
- There is a power adapter slot on the back of the fan behind the switch for a 3 Volt DC, 500ma adapter. The instructions state you can purchase a compatible one through their website. I'm sure if needed you can also get one from RadioShack or a similar electronics store.
- Quiet operation, which in my case is good as it doesn't drown out my surroundings.

Cons:
- Don't expect this fan to have the torque of a USB powered fan or outlet powered fan. While it does give a good solid breeze, it lacks the power of it's bigger brothers as it is using a small 3 volt motor. I haven't been able to test this with the 3 volt adapter as I don't own one, though I suspect it will not increase the fan's performance.
- Contrary to what's listed here on Amazon, it appears that the battery pack is no longer detachable from the clip's base, and there is no length of cable from the fan to the battery pack as a result. Two small wires can be seen running along the interior side of the pivot point from the battery pack to the fan. I don't have an issue with this, so it's not exactly a true "Con" for me, but if you were hoping the battery pack could be removed to make the clip a bit slimmer, it looks like that is no longer possible.

Overall:
- This fan is a great purchase if you need it to keep you cool and comfortable while sitting in your car or sitting at a desk. I can also see it being used while working out on a treadmill or exercise bike, on a baby stroller, etc. as others have stated. If you are expecting to have the wind in your hair, this may not be for you, but for $20 this fan does as it's intended and provides a nice cooling breeze and the clip allows it to be placed in a location of your preference (the ability to clip the fan to the items available may vary of course haha).

I give it a 4.5 out of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clip Fan, November 11, 2012
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
I bought a number of these O2Cool Clip fans for my kids to use at summer camp. They said they could clip the fans almost anywhere and the air flow kept them cool. We would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Clip this to our Toddler's Car Seat - Love It, June 13, 2013
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
This is great for parents living in AZ who want to circulate the AC to the back seat for kiddos. Little fingers can't reach the blades and the battery life is impressive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy fan!, August 2, 2012
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
We ordered this fan for our daughter's wheelchair. It is lightweight and creates a nice breeze, and clips easily to her chair. It comes with a battery pack that is not shown in the product picture, and is a little bulky, but not too much of a problem. Seems to be a good value, and works well for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Design Change-No more detached battery compartment, March 4, 2014
New fan no longer matches the picture, which was bad news for me, but may be good news for others. The battery case now is permanently attached to the bottom of the clamp, which makes it too heavy for my application, so I am returning both fans I received today. Also, instructions included with the fan say that it rotates 165 degrees, which seems to be correct, not 360 degrees as stated in Amazon's description. A shame since it appears to be a nice fan, but you cannot feel air past four feet, so it is just a nearby personal fan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Little air generated, August 24, 2012
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan (Misc.)
This fan put out very little air. You must be right next to it to feel the breeze. Two D batteries did not seem to last very long. Very disappointed. Would not buy this fan again.

O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Clip Fan