4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful for a Desk Fan
Despite its compact size, cute name, and skinny blades, this fan is a surprisingly serious air-mover.

Published on July 25, 2007 by Nathaniel C. Moffat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little fan if it is built right.
Published on October 10, 2008 by Jon M. Larson

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful for a Desk Fan, July 25, 2007
Nathaniel C. Moffat "Nat" (Bethesda, MD United States) - See all my reviews

The reason is that the almost delicate-looking blades are steeply raked and at either speed (think "high" and "higher") they deliver a tightly focused breeze. The tradeoff is turbulence-induced noise from higher fan tip speed (perhaps also from their interaction with the spiral outlet guide vanes).

The cooling effect is quite directional, with a narrow sweet spot. At arm's length it concentrates cooling air on face and neck without buffeting paperwork in your hands. It may be more breeze than you want, but in a hot climate or without air conditioning, it might be just the thing.

Unlike style-first, whisper-quiet desk fans designed to disappear into the background, this little fan is a throwback: it just likes to move air.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little fan if it is built right., October 10, 2008
This review is from: O2COOL 5" Battery Operated Portable Fan in WHITE/GREY (Kitchen)
I purchased one of these fans, but they accidentally sent me two of the fans in the mail. The first fan I tried was terrible. The air flow from the fan was very weak. It also made a lot of noise and vibrated a lot. The second fan I tried worked much better. It was nice and quiet. The air flow was much stronger. When I look at the bad fan I saw that its fan blades were pressing against the motor housing. This fan works well if it is built correctly, but it appears that the quality for this company is inconsistent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, August 11, 2011
This is one of the best purchases I've made. Bought the first one at Walmart for $5. I liked it so much I bought a few more at Amazon for $7. Even at $12 I would highly recommend it. Battery life is excellent. One set of batteries lasted one week using it every night. My husband has used it on trips to Haiti where there is no electricity and we've used them in the Dominican Republic. More locally I've used them camping.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, July 21, 2008
stephie (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews
I use this in the car on hot days and have been using it for a few weeks now. So far so good.

What I like about it:

--It's good at moving the air and creating a nice breeze, even on low speed
--It's quiet, even on high speed
--It can be used with rechargeable batteries, and because it takes batteries, that makes it great during a summertime power outage which is another reason I bought it
--You can aim it (up or down angles)
--AC power option (have to provide your own adapter)
--It's cheap!
--Shipped fast

What I don't like about it:

--Because of the batteries, it's pretty heavy for it's size, so not easily portable
--Made of a cheap-feeling plastic
--You can aim it but the plastic clicks pretty loudly while doing so
--It's a little big, which is technically a pro and con for me; bigger means more air moving, which is great, but it also means I can't easily store it where I use it (in the car)
--Shipping cost rivaled the cost of the fan itself and the package wasn't adequately padded

All said, I'm pretty happy with this fan and plan to buy another as a backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars AHHHH That's Better, January 25, 2008
This fan is very good for those folks who only get hot periodically and it's GREAT for those women (like me) who are bobbing past the half-century marker and are hot all the time. This fan is fairly light weight, especially given that it has two D-size batteries. It folds for compact use. I take it to class (I'm a teacher) and it sits hidden behind a few books on my desk or inside a podium (the angle is easily adjusted). The fan is extremely quiet, it makes almost no noise (except when folding - more on that in a minute). The batteries last forever. I use this fan a lot and I've only had to change the batteries once (in four months). The fan has two speeds, a low speed for everyday, "Gee, it's quite warm in here," and a high speed for those times when you're tempted to scream, "I'm melting!"

I have two minor complaints. First, when you fold the fan flat for transporting, the mechanism is extremely LOUD. People in the next room can hear me fold up my fan. You would never dream that something so small could make that much noise. Maybe it's only my fan that makes such a racket. Your fan may not have the noise or the noise may not "bug" you as much as it bugs me. Second, while it is possible to plug the fan into the wall with an AC adaptor, the fan doesn't come with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Fan, July 29, 2009
I originally purchased this fan for a comping trip at the end of June. 2 "D" cell batteries were all it took and it was up and running, withing about 5 feet you could feel the air being moved when it was on the high setting. On low, you could feel the air move at about 2-3 feet. Not a very quiet fan, though once outside the tent you couldn't hear the fan at all. Battery life is ASTOUNDING. I put the batteries in the day I received it and they still power it a month later (at roughly 1 1/2 hours a day, that puts it at over 30 hrs use)
My wife liked it enough to buy one when we hit town for some touristy stuff.
Overall, I would say that you honestly couldn't find a better battery operated fan for the price and possibly for four times the price. I would recommend this fan to any camper or boater.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for power outages but poor directions, May 16, 2012
Living in Texas, this will be a huge addition to my comfort during summer power outages.

But the directions indicate you need to use a phillips screwdrives to access the battery compartment. You do NOT need to uncrew anything. The screw is taped to the bottom of the battery compartment. It must be removed to fit the batteries in. I tossed the screw. The snap fit is suffiecient to keep the batteries in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Package does not match website description, February 26, 2009
As of Feb 26, 2009, the website description says this fan includes an A/C adapter and can use 8 D-cells (not included). In fact, it does NOT include an A/C adapter, and it uses 2 D-cells (not included). The packaging correctly describes this.

Amazon accepted a "return" on the fan, and I'll just keep looking for what I need.

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer has AC adaptor port!, January 8, 2013
Apparently O2Cool removed the port and didn't bother to tell any of their sellers. The old model was an okay little desk fan, but no way am I going to continually buy expensive batteries for a fan. Not recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars keeping cool, October 17, 2012
I work with people who are always putting the thermostat up to 85. I bought this fan to keep cool and it works very well. I'm not so grouchy at work anymore from being so hot.