1,236 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product
I configured the OBi110 to use Google Voice, and it completely replaced my home telephone service. With free long distance within the US, the device will pay for itself in savings in a couple of months.

Configuring the device was easy. The online documentation was decent, and I found a few other blogs with tutorials as well. I recommend using the obitalk web...
Published on June 11, 2011 by WadeC

2.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO SET UP BUT UNPREDICTABLE
I waited 6 weeks before writing this review. After looking at all the reviews@amazon.com, I bought this product . I set it up using google voice and sipgate. It was easy to set up. It works fine even with VOIP enabled home security system. It worked fine for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of use, I encountered 3 main issues. 1) Every 2-3 days, I have to reboot the system. It was...
Published on September 12, 2011 by riversbed

‹ Previous | 175 76 77124 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, very reliable!, November 10, 2012
This review is from: OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter (Office Product)
I've been using the Obi110 for over a year now, I started looking at options after I used MagicJack, Vonage and my cell phone as Blue Tooth gateway. This has been the best option by far, the quality of the sound has been excellent and any problems that I've had were traceable back to the router. For those of you who like to tweak things ( I fall in to this category) there are lots of options available to make it friendly to the router. Setting the port to high priority and creating a rule in the router for VOIP (high priority) helped me, a lot of modern routers have this feature built-in now. If your router is more than 2 years old, consider getting a new one with the Obi, this is my best advice for those of you who want to plug it in and just have it work.

Don't hesitate to try this product, its been out long enough now that it has some history and the vast majority of users are doing well, not having a phone bill is awesome! If you are afraid to dump the phone company right away try the Obi110, you can use both the phone company and Google Voice and have two numbers. Phase the phone company line out over time, or just get the Obi100 if you're ready to go. Plug it in to an empty phone jack in the house after you disconnect the phone company lines (easy to do) and you'll be in business in about 20 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-bye phone bill!, November 8, 2012
What a good investment. For less than $50, (a one-time cost), I can use my home phones, both wired & wireless, and even transfer calls seemlessly to my cellphone. For FREE. No more monthly home phone bills. Paid for itself in first month. Happy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, November 5, 2012
Tired of our crazy expensive phone bill we decided to give the OBi110 a try. This think is awesome, calls are crystal clear! My husband set it up within 15 minutes.

Pros-
No Phone Bills
Crystal clear reception

Cons-
Google Voice didn't have a number for our state, so we have an out of state number.
No 911 service, but you can subscribe to a 911 service for $1.99 a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far (after 3 days) excellent, November 4, 2012
You must be computer friendly to set up the Obi 110, but no need to be a technical genius either.
I successfully linked two Google Voice numbers (one personal and one for business) plus I linked a Magic Jack number on the "land line" port.
I chose to make the personal Google Voice nr as primary number, but it is easy to make an outgoing call from any of the two other numbers with prefix **2 or **8. As a matter of fact I programmed the phonebook in my Uniden multiline cordless phone system so that specific numbers that I call for work always use the business Google Voice line.
Incoming ringing at home was initially a problem because of a conflict with my Ipad Talkatone app and my Galaxy S III Groove IP App, but I resolved this by adding my Magic Jack number as forwarding number on both Google Voice numbers.
Additionally I found out that on my Galaxy S III I can have both my Google Voice numbers. My personal GV number is in my GV App with the option "Use Google Voice for all calls", and the business GV number is in the Groove IP by using the Google username and password for that number. When I make a call on my Galaxy S III it asks me whether I want to use Groove IP or the Mobile number (the latter being my personal GV number).
So far it is all perfect. Now waiting for further developments from Google Voice. Will they start charging for US domestic calls ? Will they give the option of international DID numbers ?

4.0 out of 5 stars works well for us, October 30, 2012
We have been using this for it's google voice home phone service. It has been doing that job quite well. we did have a hiccup a week or so after installation - I had to do a factory reset. At least that's how I got it working again. There may have been a more elegant way of fixing it, but I didn't think of it first. In any case, we also have been using it for 911 service from a third party. After contacting my county authorities, I placed a 911 test call, and it worked fine.

Overall, we're happy with the product. My wife had simple requirements - she wanted the phones to work in our house. I wanted to save a few dollars, and this fit the bill. Our phone service was bundled with verizon fios. The promotional offer expired and went up from $60 to $90. So we switched to comcast. I initially did a promotional $50 service with phone included. However, this would only last 6 months, and I didn't want the headache of negotiating. So I thought I might as well port the phone number from comcast to google (via a tmobile prepay since google voice doesn't take land lines). Porting was a headache, but once it was all completed, it's been smooth sailing.

This is the Obi110 device, which means that there is an extra port if you want to use an existing phone service. I have absolutely no use for that now, but I thought I would buy it just in case things changed in the next few years.

The Obi service is OK. They require you to sign up on the website to get the device up and running. Your google credentials are stored inside the device, and not on their servers. I got a new account anyway just to be safe. I tried the android app, and was not impressed. It is supposed to allow you to connect with your Obi device to either call in or place calls. It worked fine when I tested it on my own wifi network, but doesn't work on sprint 3g or 4gwimax. You can also place calls using gmail. That seemed to work fine, but only works well if you have a really good internet connection. I have not done any travelling since the purchase to see how well it works on the road. I know a few people overseas, but they all use other services for their calls at home, and didn't have a need to try it out as of yet.

In any case, I am satisfied overall. It serves the purpose of allowing me to set up a voip service. setup was easier than I expected, and I was able to easily set up 2 services - 1 for google voice, and the other for 911.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised!, October 29, 2012
This product is exactly as advertised and a great deal. Who would ever pay for home service when they can just use this product combined with a free google voice number to get phone service for FREE for life?

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid performance, October 28, 2012
Easy to set up and ready to go in no time. I use it for both connecting to Google voice and land line. The only shortfall is now I have to dial 1 + area code even I dial locally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my previous one., October 28, 2012
This is the second ATA I bought. I get better voice from this ATA than my previous one. It's stable too. Only extra I want is to have two phone lines out with separate account seeting (currently there is a landline connection). But I can dial **2 to use the second accout anyway. So, it's still Ok for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone product, October 19, 2012
The OBi is a real VOIP phone product that provides basic phone functions for most people along with a lot of advanced features for those who may need them for business. Far better sound quality than the Magic jack products. I'm almost ready to disconnect my landline and save over $40- per month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, October 15, 2012
The product arrived with my new phones. I opened the boxes, plugged everything in, followed the directions provided, and I was ready to go. Set up was EASY with Google Voice, and the call quality is excellent. Unlike other VoIP services that I have paid a monthly service fee to, the call clarity here is pretty amazing. I am SO happy with this purchase.

‹ Previous | 175 76 77124 | Next ›