Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 22, 2016
Worked fine until the product was out of 1 year period. Now it is suspiciously having problems. The only way to fix them is to give the company $10? I would rather trash the device than support such business​ practices.
on July 20, 2016
Does not work anymore because Obihai disable it. Now I have to pay $10 /year ransom fee for Obihai to enable it. Obihai did not say anything about this ransom fee when I bought it years ago. This is scandalous practice. I am looking for alternative. Anybody has recommendation? I call everybody who face the same problem to give Obihai a negative review and let future buyer be aware.
on July 18, 2016
This used to be a five-star rating device. It worked perfectly until the manufacturer had recently forced its customer to pay a £10 (dollars) "support" fee.

I disapprove the business practices of this company. First, it causes the existing, functional software on the device to stop working so it can force it's customers to pay a premium support fee. Second, it is doing so without notifying it's customers at all.

This experience really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
on July 17, 2016
Worked flawlessly for such a low-profile cheap device. I got this to replace my (many) MagicJack devices and am really glad I did.

Only draw back is that after years of service it stopped working with Google Voice, but purchasing the $10 premium support and upgrading the firmware fixed it. Seems fair, given that the original promise when I bought it was that GV would work through the end of the year.
on July 17, 2016
Worked fine for the year I had it. Now they want $10/yr. I don't recall that ever coming up when I bought the device. I'm not cheap and the $10 wouldn't break me but I don't like this way of extorting money from people. I'll give up my Obi as a matter of principle rather than pay the ramsom!

AZZZHOLES!
on July 17, 2016
Pricing is deceptive. Obi expects 10$ every year to upgrade firmware and allow the use of the ​device.
review image
on July 5, 2016
Bought this several years ago. It's still going strong with Google Voice.
on June 27, 2016
After several year in good use. Now you have to pay money for updating firmware to use it. This sounds like I've been cheated. By by Obi!
on June 26, 2016
I looked at some of the reviews for this device as I too was having problems with my OBI 110... The service for me had been awesome up until now. I still give it 5 stars. 10 bucks for a yrs worth of support on a device that is nearly 5 yrs old... seems like a bargain to me. It cost money to keep up with all the changes... I bet you don't blink an eye when you run down to the apple store and drop 6 or 7 hundred bucks on the latest I phone... so stop your bitchin and pay the ten bucks or move your service elsewhere.. Its still a deal... and yes maybe it should have been handled in a different way but it wasn't... So as for me.. I paid the 10 bucks and 5 minutes later I am back in business... My wife is calling her mother in Canada and talking for probably a hr... The 10 bucks just paid for itself. So unlike the rest of you people who whine and complain about everything. This is a good service. It has been... and as long as it continues to be affordable and works as well as it does I will continue to use it... Just my two cents. Disclaimer... theses are my opinions and mine alone... not meant to offend anyone Cause we cant have that now can we...
on June 25, 2016
Until now was very pleased with this device (in fact I own 3 in different locations and have recommended them to my friends in the past), but recent shenanigans by Obihai have rendered the devices useless to me. Old firmware no longer works with google voice, apparently inviting users to spend $10 for "support" for new firmware that then requires divulging google login password to the obitalk's configuration website. Can not, will not, give them my google login password. Are they kidding?
77 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse