5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent addition
First let me state that I saw that another user mentioned the lack of full support for international caller ID, and while that is a nuisance, I've had this problem with other caller ID units before, so it doesn't really bother me (however, I have not been able to verify this issue exists at the time of this writing).

What I can say is that this was a simple...
Published on October 11, 2012 by Big T

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for a while.
Published 8 months ago by Mark Funderburg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent addition, October 11, 2012
Big T (Fort Collins, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OBiBT Bluetooth Adapter for Pairing the OBi200 and OBi202 with a Mobile Phone (Office Product)

What I can say is that this was a simple install. Paired with an unpowered USB bridge, I was able to use both this adapter, and the WiFi adapter, with absolutely no issue (I also use a connection to my phone to keep it charged while paired). The incoming calls from my cellphone are clear, the caller ID works, and it was a great addition to the OBi202.

A note on Bluetooth: If you think you're going to walk in the door, get paired, and carry your cellphone around with you, you are probably going to be disappointed. Most phones have extremely limited range for Bluetooth. It's unfortunate, but that's the technology. It was supposedly done this way for your security. If you plan to drop your phone next to your unit (or in close proximity), and want to have your phone connect automatically, and get better range and coverage (based on land line phone range, of course), then this is the device for you.

OBi products have brought telephony into a new era. I have been extremely impressed with their product line, the simplicity of them, and the cost when paired with Google Voice (free? It doesn't get much better than that).

5.0 out of 5 stars Might not be what you think, November 28, 2012
I bought this expecting a Dock and Talk / Xlink type functionality for the Obi. Since I have been using that for a number of years it seemed logical for me to think that was what it was.

What it is, is simply a bluetooth connection from the obi to your cellphone, to use instead of your voip provider. You will be limited to the same set up options as for any other voip provider. It won't use your cell as a "second line" like you can do with many cordless phone systems. For that you will still need a cordless phone with the bluetooth feature or a Dock and Talk or Xlink. Setup will be interesting because it seems like the obi would be switching phone numbers when it calls out depending on whether the cell is connected or not.

Reading back over the description, now knowing what it is, the description is correct,

Use Your Regular Telephones to Make and Receive Calls via Your Mobile Phone's Cellular Service
When Someone Calls Your Cell Phone Number the Phones Connected to the OBi Device Ring
Cell Phone Dead Spots? Keep Your Obi Device & Mobile Phone Where Cell Reception is Best!
Automatically or Manually Route Calls from Standard Phones to the Mobile Service
Bridge Calls from VoIP to a Mobile Service Using the Obi Attendant

But for me at least, if you are expecting something like the cordless feature, it isn't hard to see that the description might be for that as well. YMMV :)

Added this in case anyone else isn't clear on what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it advertises., March 11, 2013
If you have an OBi202 and want to link a Bluetooth phone this is what you need. I feel the price tag is a little high. Multiple phones can be paired to each dongle but only one phone can be actively used per Bluetooth dongle. What I mean by this is if two phone are paired only the last connected phone or the preferred phone will remain connected. You can set which phone is preferred. Two dongles can be connected to the OBi202 for two active phones if you use a usb hub. You can only use the official OBi Bluetooth adapter with the OBi202. Other adapters will not work. The connection seems to be very good with most phones for seamless use. I do have an older Windows mobile phone that does not work with the current OBi firmware.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for a while., February 28, 2014
Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. Sometimes I get a "No service configured" message and some times (1 minute later) I get the 3 beeps and it thinks it is dialing, but the cell phone never dials, and sometimes I get nothing but silence. It makes no difference how I dial (ie **8, 10 digit, or 7 digit number). When it's working, I can just dial a 7 digit number (for local calls). When someone calls the cell phone, Line 2 on the obi connected phone rings, but when I answer, it just disconnects the call on the cell phone and for the person on the other end, it just continues to ring. If I unpair the phone and delete the device from the phone and remove the config in obi talk, and power cycle the obi, then set everything up again, it will work normally for a while, but eventually stops again. At this point the bluetooth is worthless, but for a few weeks, it worked great. I tried to open a support ticket, but at this time, the website will not show the security code picture, so you can not open a ticket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive BT4.0 transmitter, November 19, 2012
D. Raskin "Judge" (Orange County, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This dongle is extremely tiny, and you can hardly see it in a slot. Barely changes the fit into a case or sleeve. Good distance, comparable to old PCI card with antenna.

3.0 out of 5 stars Installs and works okay, but sound quality is less than desired., July 23, 2014
Tried it on my obi 200. It works fine for placing and receiving calls on obi, but the sound quality is mediocre at best. I would prefer to just use the phone directly for calls when needed, or a higher quality bluetooth headset. Basic setup is easy, and worth noting. Also worth warning about: if you use a google voice number, and your cellphone and voip phone are both rung at the same time, using this bluetooth with your obi and your cellphone may confuse things because both lines may literally 'ring' at the same time on the same voip 'phone'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, May 26, 2013
Just plug and play into OBI202 unit and paired very easily. No issues with the product and it is working great. Good instructions made installation easy, needing very little skill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap adapter, great features., February 1, 2013
I suggest you to buy 2 adapters to use with ObI202 new firmware if you want to spare money. It support 2 cellphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Job, August 26, 2012
I am strongly disagree with the 1 start review... Perfect product (as described) and it's works perfectly... alot of possibility to use it with your cell phone...
Sorry usually i am not a really "review-guy" (this is my first, because it is unfair rating!)
I'll try to keep it short....
Do you need it? first of all visit obihai webpage and see what can you do in general. Search for: obibt
Today is 08.26.12 I got OBi202 OBiBT BT adapter (and I am iPhone 4s owner)
Registred OBi202 with my GV account... add some number to "Circle of Trust"... and of cause connect your iPhone with OBiBT BT adapter (actually iPhone paired with OBi202)
Now if you add any number to "Circle of Trust" (in our case any US number) you can call to your OBi202, then you can use Bluetooth connected phone and dial any number basically from your cell phone.
Perfect for any dirty cheap international calling...
All you need - just add a different sim to your phone... you can dial your OBi202, OBi202 will connect you to your phone, and you cell phone will dial any other phone number!
Yes it is a little tricky - you have to understand concept of "Circle of Trust", plus you need to dial manually **8-any-phone-number to get access to your cellphone.
Not sure, it may be done automatically - i am a new user... but it works!
5 test calls, all 5 calls went perfectly.
5 Star.... little tricky but $100.00 or less and you can dial any cellphone in the world and pay only domestic calling rate!

1.0 out of 5 stars So, So!, August 6, 2012
Update:
OBiBt has a lot of bugs, but they have been fixed with new firmware releases.
The first issue was the OBiBt not bridging the calls correctly between the cell phone and the caller. That issue has been fixed.
The second issue was the caller ID from the OBiBt was only 10 digits (it's bad if you receive international calls and also for call routing).
The 3rd issue is the OBIBT is a "one way " service, meaning: You can can make a call from the AA (auto attendant) to cell phone but making a call from cell phone to AA doesn't work properly, because the AA doesn't recognize the DTMF. For example when you dial the cell number you get the usual prompts: press 1 to continue this call, press 2 to make a new call, press 3 for call back. When you press 1 or 2 or 3 the AA doesn't recognize the digits.
I contacted OBI support and this is the reply I got:

Calling into cellphone service to AutoAttendant - the DTMF is not detected and hence not supported, so what you see below is expected.
Calling into SP1 or SP2 VoIP service to AA, the DTMF detection is supported.

- Obi Support