Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 26, 2009
This book is much better than the Oracle press book. Nothing more to say, and if you are already an oracle DBA, you know what I am talking. This book covers SQL in depth, and some of the commands that I wasn't even aware of.
on December 21, 2011
I have not completed all the practice tests yet, but so far I am liking the books in this study kit. The CDs that comes with the books contain several practice tests, and my only complaint is that the user interface on those practice tests is difficult to resize; I have to scroll up and down in a tiny box to see the entire question sometimes [perhaps it is because I have a tiny monitor though?] and I have to refer to the printed version of the test inside the book to see the entire question, but that is hardly a big issue.

These books contain a lot of study material and I look forward to completing all the practice tests.
on September 1, 2011
Certainly you'll have a great time reading this book. It's complete, objective, so well written, easy to learn and funny (the authors make jokes timely).

All important chapter have some labs at final and this labs help so much to train what you learned before. I'm sure that is the best Oracle OCP book of the world.

I recommend you have Oracle database environment close to you. This will make easy and eficient your study because the author do the concepts very clear and then show how to do that task.

It's a rare book which hold your attention from beginning to final.

Conclusion: you must read this book. I believe you like it so much.
on December 26, 2011
Yes, it is the most detailed book I've read (since it is the only oracle book I've read :) ) I have a little background of database in my college. So, I know illustrations in database is very helpful to understand every functions of database. Such FOREIGN KEY have two delete methods: ON DELETE CASCADE and ON DELETE SET NULL. Of course, it is not hard to understand, but I memory when I learn this, our teacher just show two simple illustrations without any words, and I can understand more clearly than the book specification. The point is, the book have too much words specification, some specifications can use a illustration instead of, which could make it easier understand and memory. The author should know this book is for fresher not for experienced DBA.
on June 26, 2013
I think these are a good books. It makes a good starting point for the study of the certification. I really was pleasantly surprised. Overall a highly recommended books even for experts.
on November 7, 2009
OCP certification from sybex book is good but it lacks the capability of highlighting important exam points. For DBA certification i would prefer oracle certification book by John Watson.
In the Sybex book all the topics are covered and the concepts are clearly explained. Since it lacks important tips and point, i am giving it 3 star rating. Oracle books by John watson has clear concepts and all the topcis are coverted with important tips and points highlighted.
on July 27, 2014
Delivered as advertised, and delivered quickly. Thanks!
on July 10, 2009
Quizá uno de los mejores libros técnicos que he visto. Es muy completo, pero ello no impide que sea dificil de entender, incluso para gente con un bajo nivel de inglés, porque esta bien redactado. Muchos ejemplos y ejercicios disponibles, y corregidos con explicación.

El software que lo acompaña, tampoco desmerece, y además se incluye el libro en formato PDF, para consultas rápidas.
on April 16, 2011
Hello to all,

I passed OCA Exam about a month ago and just starting to study for my OCP exam, so this review would be oriented on how the book helps you to pass OCA exam. Then I'll update it regarding OCP.

Generally, you can pass the exam using this book only. Administration part is explained well and thorough and in correct order, so I would put 5 start for 1z0-052 preparation. However, SQL Part provides only basics on SQL and easy understandable, but the real exam is much more complicated. Also I would say that SQL Part is very boring and dry so I would put it 2.5 stars. So, bottom line: Great for Administration Exam, fails for SQL.
on April 15, 2010
Good books, well written and organized. I am preparing for my certification and hopefully will get it done soon.