Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OCZ 2GB PC2-5400 667MHz DDR2 Value SoDIMM Module (OCZ2MV6672G)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 15, 2009
I highly recommend this upgrade if you wish to enjoy faster speeds when you are running multiple applications. There are some really great reviews with helpful hints on this page. With all due respect to all the people who took the time to share their experience and suggestions, I will share this step by step approach for those that may want a more structured suggestion on how to install the 2G RAM board. For the ASUS 1000 EEE h:

1.Make sure the computer is turned off. Flip the computer so the bottom is facing you.
2. you will see a black panel with 2 philips screws. Carefully open
these screws and keep them somewhere where you won't accidentally knock them on the floor and have to spend hours looking for them.
3.Using a small flat screwdriver, engage the lip of the panel and gently open it.
4. You will see the original card in there. Take a minute to look at its orientation and how far it is pushed in.
5. Then using your screw driver, push the two levers holding the board to the side which will the board will pop up.
6. Take care not to touch the boards with your oily fingers. I know this sounds like OI am going over board, but if you have a pair of gloves, it would be a good idea to use them to avoid getting the oils from your fingers onto the board.
7. Now place the new board in and push gently yet firmly until the holding clips fall into the half moon grooves on both side of the board.
I did not push the board all the way in the first time and couldn't get the computer to start! I used my small flat screwdriver and placed it between the board and the back of the housing and pushed the board in that way.
8. when you are sure that he board is in all the way, carefully placed the panel back on and make sure that it "Snaps" into place. Re-tighten both philips screws.
9. Great job! You've done it!
10. Now press the power button on the computer and start hitting the F2
button continuously until you see the bios page. You will see that it will recognize the memory in megabites of ram ( it'll say something like 2136 mb ram)
11. Now press the F10 button.
12. It'll ask you if you want to save the changes. Press OK.
13. ...and you have done it.

Hope this was helpful for you.
22 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2008
I got this to upgrade to replace my new Asus EEE PC 1000h's 1gb chip. There is a very noticeable improvement in the speed of a lot of operations including Firefox and MS Word. A free benchmarking tool bumped the total score from an 80 to 135, making the 1000h as good as a full size Toshiba Satellite laptop running a AMD 6400 dual core! It doesn't seem to significantly affect the the battery life one way or another. This is my second OCZ memory upgrade, the first one worked out great too. I'm very pleased with this purchase!
on October 25, 2008
...if putting in 2GB module in eee pc 1000 you need to restart computer after installing the RAM and keep pressing F2. then press F10 to accept the settings in the BIOS. now your eee pc will recognize the 2 GB module
yeah,.. plug and play... right
peace, scott
77 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2008
I couldn't believe how easy it was to install in my new ASUS Eee 900HA and start using this new memory. I shut down the computer, removed the battery, then the RAM cover, pushed back the two silver locks and the module popped up. I pulled it straight out at the angle it was already pointing and inserted the new one at the same angle, popped it back down, replaced the cover and the battery, started up the machine and checked the logged RAM in Windows. Installed and working, no problem. I was a bit concerned about my ability to change the card, but it was a breeze and I'm glad I did it. It does help my videos run smoother.
on March 16, 2009
I have an ASUS 1000/XP which I upgraded to 2GB with this memory. After a while I noticed that my laptop was becoming unstable. Initially I had an occasional crash with Google Chrome and sometimes Firefox. But it seemed that the problems were getting worse when the laptop was getting warmer. The problems were quite unpredictable because it seemed that I only had occasional problems with browsers, not with applications.

Then I decided to check the memory with memtest86. Immediately it found a number of errors. I then replaced the 2GB with the original 1GB and ran the memtest for a while night; no errors. I haven't had one single stability issue after going back to the original memory.

What's disturbing is the unpredictability of the errors. Because the problems only occurred when the laptop was getting warm, I don't have the impression that the memory is really defective. Instead, I have the impression that the memory is simply bad quality. At least for my ASUS....

UPDATE 3/21, I purchased Kingston 2GB and it has worked flawlessly since then......
on April 26, 2009
I was able to install this 2gb RAM on my Acer Aspire One 10.1" laptop with relative easy. Unfortunately, Acer doesn't provide upgrade instructions and all of the step by step how to's on the internet are for an different model of Acer Aspire One. Fortunately, you do not need "crack" open your notebook to get to the RAM on the 10.1" D150 version of the Aspire One. One the bottom of the laptop there is a panel (which happens to be just larger than the RAM chip) with one screw that you can easily open and then install the 2gb RAM chip (be sure to remove the battery and use a grounding strip or ground yourself before attempting the install). After install the 2gb RAM, my laptop started up and recognized the 2gb RAM. No other actions were required to get it working right.
on November 23, 2008
I bought this memory module at the same time as I bought a Eee notebook computer. I performed the 1GB memory replacement with the 2GB SODIMM easily.

The most confusing part was getting the computer and operating system to recognize the presence of the additional memory. It required a boot into the BIOS to let the hardware recognize and update plug and play info.

On the Eee computer, using F2 on a cold restart did the job. No manual changes were made to the BIOS. The process was automatic. A simple save and exit following the bootup did the job.
VINE VOICEon September 4, 2008
I installed 2 of these in my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.5.x and Windows Vista Ultimate 64. In vista it only showed 3GB of ram but the score was 4.9 on the memory speed test. In Mac I get the full 4GB.

For the price you cant beat this upgrade. Concidering that Apple wants to charge 10x as much you cant go wrong with the upgrade.

How to install it on a Macbook Pro:

Power down the laptop.
1. Remove the battery
2. locate the plate where the battery removal switch is (flat shiney plate)
3. Use a small Philips head screwdriver (size 0) to remove the 3 tiny flat topped screws.
4. You'll then see the memory behind that plate. The trick here is to be firm when installing it. Don't smash it in but use consistent pressure to push the memory in then click it down. If you do it right both chips will line up. If it doesnt look straight then it isn't. Take it out and try again before powering up.
on December 25, 2008
fantastic and easy to install. I bought this for my bf for christmas and he put it in, we pressed F2 and it recognized it right away and F10 to save. it was done in 10 sec.
on May 6, 2009
This memory works fine with the Acer Aspire One AOD150-1165 10.1-Inch Sapphire Blue Netbook - 6 Cell Battery sold here at Amazon.com. Takes about one minute to unscrew the memory panel on the bottom of the netbook, replace the card then replace the panel. Free shipping (included) took 5 days to Ohio. I have the high power 580 mAmp battery and I've been getting an insane 8-9 hours of battery life on a single charge made up of surfing and e-mail use. This netbook has been one of my best tech buys of the last 10 years.