Top positive review
63 people found this helpful
A step by step installation scenario!
on April 15, 2009
I highly recommend this upgrade if you wish to enjoy faster speeds when you are running multiple applications. There are some really great reviews with helpful hints on this page. With all due respect to all the people who took the time to share their experience and suggestions, I will share this step by step approach for those that may want a more structured suggestion on how to install the 2G RAM board. For the ASUS 1000 EEE h:
1.Make sure the computer is turned off. Flip the computer so the bottom is facing you.
2. you will see a black panel with 2 philips screws. Carefully open
these screws and keep them somewhere where you won't accidentally knock them on the floor and have to spend hours looking for them.
3.Using a small flat screwdriver, engage the lip of the panel and gently open it.
4. You will see the original card in there. Take a minute to look at its orientation and how far it is pushed in.
5. Then using your screw driver, push the two levers holding the board to the side which will the board will pop up.
6. Take care not to touch the boards with your oily fingers. I know this sounds like OI am going over board, but if you have a pair of gloves, it would be a good idea to use them to avoid getting the oils from your fingers onto the board.
7. Now place the new board in and push gently yet firmly until the holding clips fall into the half moon grooves on both side of the board.
I did not push the board all the way in the first time and couldn't get the computer to start! I used my small flat screwdriver and placed it between the board and the back of the housing and pushed the board in that way.
8. when you are sure that he board is in all the way, carefully placed the panel back on and make sure that it "Snaps" into place. Re-tighten both philips screws.
9. Great job! You've done it!
10. Now press the power button on the computer and start hitting the F2
button continuously until you see the bios page. You will see that it will recognize the memory in megabites of ram ( it'll say something like 2136 mb ram)
11. Now press the F10 button.
12. It'll ask you if you want to save the changes. Press OK.
13. ...and you have done it.
Hope this was helpful for you.